By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which Nintendo Franchise will be the next to join the "10m club"?

Next game in a Nintendo franchise to hit 10m?

Tomadachi life 3 6.25%

Luigi's Mansion 28 58.33%

Mario maker 3 6.25%

Ring fit/adventure 2 4.17%

New IP 2 4.17%

None 0 0%

Don't care 1 2.08%

Paper Mario 1 2.08%

Donkey Kong 3 6.25%

Something else 5 10.42%

Total:48

Obviously there are already Nintendo games in their franchises which already consistently sell over 10m, such as Mario Kart, Pokémon etc. With breath of the wild being the 1st Zelda game to cross 10m on 1 platform, that franchise has joined the "10m club" in regards to sales. I'm not talking about multiple entries here, i'm just seeing which franchise owned by Nintendo the good people here believe will be the next individual entry to reach 10m in sales. I have omitted Splatoon and Mario party from the poll, as I believe they are too much of an obvious choice. Given the popularity of SW and record sales on Switch versions of Nintendo franchises, I believe at least 1 of these, if made will make it!

Also, I'm pretty sure Donkey Kong and all the other options haven't hit 10m with an individual entry yet, although there is a chance my sources of information may be wrong.

Last edited by peachbuggy - on 12 February 2020

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network

animal crossing!? not even on the poll :O

Animal crossing already has two titles that have sold over a ten million, Wild World and New Leaf.

Last edited by Metroid33slayer - on 12 February 2020

As for those asking about Animal Crossing I didn't include it for the reasons posted in the reply above this!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

peachbuggy said:
As for those asking about Animal Crossing I didn't include it for the reasons posted in the reply above this!

oh duh...i thought for nintendo switch :P duhhhhhhhhhhh

mmmm i want Luigi mansion but doesnt looks like it is tracking that way this generation

Around the Network

Luigi's Mansion probably. LM 3 its sold over 5m. I think its the one IP thats doing good that is yet to reach 10m in sales.
Or maybe Arms. Im just waiting for its sequel: Legs. Thats probably gonna sell over 10m.

Nintendo Moba

Nintendo Smash RPG open world game with staple characters.

Hardcore photo realistic gritty Pokemon RPG open world.

Paper Mario (if they return to TTYD formula)

Metroid Prime

Any of these will be 10 mil plus series if done correctly.

I see ARMS 2 reaching 4+

aikohualda said:
peachbuggy said:

oh duh...i thought for nintendo switch :P duhhhhhhhhhhh

mmmm i want Luigi mansion but doesnt looks like it is tracking that way this generation

I meant on the Switch (or any future Nintendo console) specifically by franchise but I also meant only those franchises that hadn't crossed the 10m on any console before. Sorry if my original explanation caused confusion. I guess it was a little vague.

Dulfite said:
Nintendo Moba

Nintendo Smash RPG open world game with staple characters.

Hardcore photo realistic gritty Pokemon RPG open world.

Paper Mario (if they return to TTYD formula)

Metroid Prime

Any of these will be 10 mil plus series if done correctly.

Hmmm... not sure if serious :P

Iirc the best selling Prime game is under 3m, so 4 would have to actually smash the previous highest seller out of the park. Not sure if it has broad enough mainstream appeal to do so but I guess we could get a "Breath of the wild scenario".