This topic has been made overly convoluted and has meaningless complexity. Let me start with a few things:
1) Dark Souls is my second favorite franchise of all time.
2) Dark Souls 3 is my second favorite game of all time.
3) I have beaten Demon, Souls 1, Souls 2, Souls 3 and Blood... and yes I can beat them all solo.
Adding a difficulty setting:
1) Very easy, just reduce enemy damage
2) No it wouldn't ruin the game, most games have difficulty levels
3) An easy mode wouldn't diminish my "accomplishment" nor would it change my play style
4) People don't want an easy mode because they get off on beating something others can't
Lastly, somebody mentioned taking out violence and used it to argue against an easy mode. The irony being Souls allows for players to change blood settings.
4) is another sentence spammed ad nauseam. I couldn't care less if you used cheat engine to beat DS, so why would I care if you can or cannot beat the game?
There is something funny here:
-we want an easy mode
-just use a cheat
-no no I want to beat the game legit, so no cheat but add an easy mode
-what's the difference?
-if you want it to be harder, just play hard mode
-I don't know what hard means in a game, it could range from a cakewalk to tears of blood
-just find your own challenge
-wait you don't want to use a cheat engine to beat the game and WANT an easy mode, but you also want me to adjust the difficulty? So lemme guess, you want every game to be made for you and basically tell the rest of the World "screw up"?
Also, "reduce ennemy damage" in DS1 wouldn't change much. And violence is a bit more than "blood".