By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Difficulty vs Accessibility: A responsibility for the developers, not for the players.

Chazore said:

Fun is subjective at the end of the day, just going to nip that entirely in the bud.

That's why you don't FORCE an easy mode in some games. Simple and easy. Thank you for agreeing to this particular point.

Around the Network
Alcyon said:
Chazore said:

Fun is subjective at the end of the day, just going to nip that entirely in the bud.

That's why you don't FORCE an easy mode in some games. Simple and easy. Thank you for agreeing to this particular point.

lmfao so now having the option = forcing? You have to try harder.

Alcyon said:

Except there is no being FORCED into playing on easy mode, when you have the choice to SELECT between 3-4 different game modes in MOST games. 

Thank you for completely misunderstanding the point, and replacing it with something else, in order to make it sound like I'm agreeing with you. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Nu-13 said:
Alcyon said:

I don't think there is any point, because all this thread has been, is 2-3 people arguing for less choice, while shooting down any pro arguments for including choice.

Ultimately these folk want less choice and they want things done their way, while deflecting it with stealing previous arguments and trying to toss it back at the former, without making up an argument to save their own skin. This is why this topic has already bored me to death. It's nothing new, it's gone nowhere, and these same people are going to argue for less choice till the cows come home. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Chazore said:
Nu-13 said:

I don't think there is any point, because all this thread has been, is 2-3 people arguing for less choice, while shooting down any pro arguments for including choice.

Ultimately these folk want less choice and they want things done their way, while deflecting it with stealing previous arguments and trying to toss it back at the former, without making up an argument to save their own skin. This is why this topic has already bored me to death. It's nothing new, it's gone nowhere, and these same people are going to argue for less choice till the cows come home. 

Yeah, their intentions are pretty obvious.

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Nu-13 said:

It is basically "don't ask for options or changes in the game I like because that will ruin my fun since if there is an easier option I'll be forced to play it". Makes 0 sense.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Chazore said:
Alcyon said:

Except there is no being FORCED into playing on easy mode, when you have the choice to SELECT between 3-4 different game modes in MOST games. 

Thank you for completely misunderstanding the point, and replacing it with something else, in order to make it sound like I'm agreeing with you. 

I said "IN SOME GAMES" not "FORCING ME". Learn to read, please.

And, for the millionth time, when I start a game, I don't have a clue if hard is "more HP but still easy" or "your tears will be made of blood". So, yes, it affects me.

And we have two spammers who are spamming the same debunked lines over and over. I understand why some communities are toxic toward people like you, so "git gud" would probably be a decent answer after so much spam.

DonFerrari said:
Chazore said:

It is basically "don't ask for options or changes in the game I like because that will ruin my fun since if there is an easier option I'll be forced to play it". Makes 0 sense.

Learn to read. Ok, for you too "git gud" is a decent answer.

DonFerrari said:

Basically yeah. Like throwing the toy out of the pram if their means of gaming are not met or held onto.

Alcyon said:

I said "IN SOME GAMES" not "FORCING ME". Learn to read, please.

And, for the millionth time, when I start a game, I don't have a clue if hard is "more HP but still easy" or "your tears will be made of blood". So, yes, it affects me.

And we have two spammers who are spamming the same debunked lines over and over. I understand why some communities are toxic toward people like you, so "git gud" would probably be a decent answer after so much spam.

Except you aren't being forced into easy mode, even in "some" games. Yes I can read, thank you very much. 

Well then you need to look up specifically on what a dev is changing up with said difficulty. Most games just ramp up an enemy's HP/DMG, and in some cases they lower your dmg/you take more damage easily. I wouldn't even go anywhere far to dare suggest Souls AI is the core pinnacle of intelligent AI, so yes, it'll easily go with "they have more HP/do more DMG", instead of "they are just godly smart", because we quite frankly haven't seen AI like that for donkey's years. 

And we have 3 spammers spamming the same "no choice" arguments over and over again, so I see no difference there. 

And I understand why the Souls community is seen as elitist, and would you look at that, trying to validate the "git gud scrub" mentality, like an insulting jab, how expected of you, bravo. You're much older than me, yet resort to a typical petty jab?, I expected more from someone as old as you, but I guess age doesn't change the mentality of the weak minded. 

Last edited by Chazore - on 28 February 2020

Git gud.

You are the type of guys who are coming to the forum "this is too hard" and if we give you advices, you don't listen and spam "this is too hard". So, again:

User was banned for this post, among others - cycycychris

Last edited by cycycychris - on 28 February 2020