By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Persona 5 Scramble Demo - Load times and graphical comparisons [Switch/PS4]

What the difference between Scramble and Royal?

Around the Network

Aside from the shadows looking cleaner, I'm not seeing much of a difference other than the framerate.

Cerebralbore101 said:

Royale is more or less a "definitive edition" of Persona 5.  Scramble is a Warriorsish spin off. 

I find it strange they remade the assets for Scramble rather than recycle them. Some things are different not just in lighting but just ae different entirely.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

JWeinCom said:

Aside from the shadows looking cleaner, I'm not seeing much of a difference other than the framerate.

Cerebralbore101 said:

Royale is more or less a "definitive edition" of Persona 5.  Scramble is a Warriorsish spin off. 

Scramble isn't a spinoff. It's a full-on Sequel and calling it a warriors game is a disservice. It's not really. Playing the demo,the warriors comparisons stop after groups of enemies at a time. It's not waves of them tho like a warriors game. Plus like Persona 5 this has stealth elements. Some light turn based elements. They pretty much just made a sequel to Persona 5 that is an ARPG.

Last edited by Leynos - on 07 February 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
JWeinCom said:

Scramble isn't a spinoff. It's a full-on Sequel and calling it a warriors game is a disservice. It's not really. Playing the demo,the warriors comparisons stop after groups of enemies at a time. It's not waves of them tho like a warriors game. Plus like Persona 5 this has stealth elements. Some light turn based elements. They pretty much just made a sequel to Persona 4 that is an ARPG.

No comparison of two games is going to be dead on, unless it's a blatand ripoff, but if you're trying to describe it to someone quickly Warriors is the best analogy.  Even if it has a new/continuing story, when the core of the gameplay isn't even really in the same genre, spin-off is apt.  

Around the Network

Very excited for this to come to the west.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

JWeinCom said:

Aside from cleaner and more detailed shadows on the PS4, Switch is missing some shadows and the texture filtering is worse than on PS4. Load times are also faster on PS4. Certain textures might also be a little lower on Switch but maybe they just look worse due to the lower resolution and texture filtering. Seems to be some kind of bloom effect on PS4 and it looks like there is extra environmental animation, for example, it looks like some flags are blowing on PS4 but static on Switch.

However, even with all that said (and maybe more) it still looks good on Switch and in one scene it has a strangely bright table that is just normal on PS4, don't know why.

Last edited by Landale_Star - on 07 February 2020

Not sure if this graphics comparision is all that necessary. The game certainly isn't a looker, theres huge amounts of aliasing everywhere (base PS4).

I loved P5, but the demo for this doesn't do it for me. I'm not a fan of musou or even action jrpgs.

Landale_Star said:
JWeinCom said:

Aside from cleaner and more detailed shadows on the PS4, Switch is missing some shadows and the texture filtering is worse than on PS4. Load times are also faster on PS4. Certain textures might also be a little lower on Switch but maybe they just look worse due to the lower resolution and texture filtering. Seems to be some kind of bloom effect on PS4 and it looks like there is extra environmental animation, for example, it looks like some flags are blowing on PS4 but static on Switch.

However, even with all that said (and maybe more) it still looks good on Switch and in one scene it has a strangely bright table that is just normal on PS4, don't know why.

Yeah... I'm not saying you're wrong but on second examination I could only notice like one missing shadow.  And obviously the load times but I was talking more about the looks. Honestly looks the same to me unless I pause it and squint.  Maybe the difference would be bigger running on the pro.

Persona 5 whilst a great game looked like a PS3 remaster grahically. This doesn't look all that different. Also the ARPG style doesn't really suit Persona imo.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar