By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: W5, 2020 (Jan 27 - Feb 02)

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Ring Fit Adventure takes the top spot. Nothing notable released this week and yet Switch sales go up. Nothing can stop the Switch. It seemingly sells for no reason.

Animal Crossing hype. Pre-orders go live Saturday for the game and the Switch bundle so as long as there is stock Switch might go up again next week.

Around the Network
brute said:
Super Mario Party overall sales seem too low? Or I just havent paid attention during the previous weeks sales.

It had a large boost thanks to the Joy-Con bundle which I believe is no longer available.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Animal crossing switch console already sold out on amazon.

PS4 deffo won't beat PS3 LTD in Japan :( Crazy how every 8th gen console has failed to pass its predecessor...

brute said:
Super Mario Party overall sales seem too low? Or I just havent paid attention during the previous weeks sales.

Typo.

133,145 should be 1,330,145.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network

Switch once again comprising over 90% of sales for the week. 

It really is single-handedly carrying the dedicated gaming market in Japan.

curl-6 said:

Switch once again comprising over 90% of sales for the week. 

It really is single-handedly carrying the dedicated gaming market in Japan.

And the fun part is that some Japanese 3rd party devs are still not aware of that 😂

RolStoppable said:
abronn627 said:

And the fun part is that some Japanese 3rd party devs are still not aware of that 😂

Microsoft being one of the most successful third party publishers in the country is what amuses me the most.

Icing on the cake !

RolStoppable said:
abronn627 said:

Microsoft being one of the most successful third party publishers in the country is what amuses me the most.

Since the release of minecraft, I think only Namco and SE have more software sales.

Nu-13 said:
RolStoppable said:

Since the release of minecraft, I think only Namco and SE have more software sales.

And yet it still feels like Namco decides what games the Switch gets and whether it gets them on time with a couple of coin tosses.