By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Platinum Games opens site for Platinum 4

victor83fernandes said:

Then again why buy it for switch if the switch is barely any more powerful than a wiiU.

I don't know .... Or, perhaps it has to do with

1) Playing it on a HYBRID console, you know you don't need to be home in front of your TV.

2) Playing it on a console you already own, you know you don't need to buy a Wii U.

3) Not playing the game with a shitty controller, you know that thing larger than a Switch.

4) Not playing on a dead system, you know that console left behind by Nintendo.

I could continue for hours, but the "barely more powerful" is one of the worst argument about a console. If you only care about "power", go buy a supercomputer.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Is it the fourth installment in a Platinum franchise? I didn't know Platinum even had an IP with 3 installments already (not counting Bayonetta because Bayonetta 3's not out yet).

A Nier Automata "sequel" would be the fourth game in that timeline, and Square Enix is unlikely to let Yoko Taro work again without Platinum.

Seems farfetched but that's the only one I can think of.

CaptainExplosion said:
Is it the fourth installment in a Platinum franchise? I didn't know Platinum even had an IP with 3 installments already (not counting Bayonetta because Bayonetta 3's not out yet).

No, havent you guys opened the site or read through the thread?

Platinum 4 refers to the first 4 platinum games that they will Sefl publish.The Wonderful 101 is written under one of the stars.

Someone should really update the OP.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

OP Updated

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!