By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Back Button Attachment sold out nations wide?

Gamestop/Amazon/Best Buy online all have it sold out. Some don't even list it being restocked anytime.

I went to my local stores and they are not sure when they will get another shipment. Some don't even know it exists as they never got any.

Did sony fuck this up? Did they really ship a really small supply and vastly underestimate the demand? Has anyone seen one in stores?  Anyone here works in a store that has any idea when they will ship more? I'd much prefer to play VanQuish on PS4 with this.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Nations wide?

What about globally in the US?

ironmanDX said:
Nations wide?

What about globally in the US?

People made of metal can make a typo as well. My fingers are 14 inches long and 4 inches wide. It's difficult to type on these tiny keyboards sir.

Last edited by Leynos - on 03 February 2020

I was considering buying one, guess I'll have to go check in store. :/

I wouldn't say Sony messed up but I dont think Sony expected this to be high demanding. But you can bet Sony will be upping the manufacturing. They've had a few at every store that I know of but not a lot.

My friend and I got one. He got his at a different spot that sold out shortly after, and I got the last one at my store. I've personally enjoyed the new buttons, easy to use, scary to attach cause you think you might break it at first. Highly recommend it for competitive FPS games or if you just want extra buttons to use.

Around the Network

I kinda scoffed at paddles originally but having used them on a split pad pro with Daemon X Machina and not long ago I played Doom 2016, BulletStorm I realized I would like to have them. eBay prices are stupid of course. $50 and up. Scumbag scalpers. Too impatient to wait to see if the DualShock 5 will have them built-in.

I love mine. Got one on launch-day, and went back and bought 2 more today!!

I do wish these were customized as web-shooter designs though.

They are great, I love them. Gaming enhanced!!

SNY trying to create (artificial) demand through minimal shipments perhaps? For an accessory that could potentially be built into their new next gen hardware launching this year?

Not trying to say this is definitely what they're doing, but it wouldn't be an industry first if it was.

EricHiggin said:

SNY trying to create (artificial) demand through minimal shipments perhaps? For an accessory that could potentially be built into their new next gen hardware launching this year?

Not trying to say this is definitely what they're doing, but it wouldn't be an industry first if it was.

For consoles sure. Why a 30 dollar accessory? It seems like a stretch.

Leynos said:
EricHiggin said:

For consoles sure. Why a 30 dollar accessory? It seems like a stretch.

It wouldn't just be making people want the accessory itself more. If that accessory get's great reviews, but has limited availability, and SNY announces soon enough that the PS5 controller comes like that stock, or there's a stock Pro version of the controller you can buy from them, it would create more hype and demand for PS5.