By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is your saltiest moderation?

Jaicee said:

Well I've only been banned once, so there aren't a lot of options to pick from. It was for creating a thread entitled "Why Texas Sucks" back in 2017, which accurately described why my home state sucks. Apparently, many other Texans dissented from this and the thread title was changed, which I griped about (it was intended as a light-hearted thread, buck up buttercup), which in turn got me banned. One of the forum administrators advised me to "move to Austin".

I did nothing wrong!

Was the mod from Texas?

Around the Network
OTBWY said:

Was the mod from Texas?

Dunno! Outlawauron's profile just says he's American, doesn't specify a state.

Anyway, I was just playing around then with that thread, much as I am here right now.

Can we look up our ban history?

One time, early in the PS4 and Xbox One lifecycle, perhaps even before they launched, I called them Xbone and Rehashtation 4. I believe I was temporarily banned or at least modded for that. I'd like to see other times but I don't know how.

Dulfite said:
Can we look up our ban history?

One time, early in the PS4 and Xbox One lifecycle, perhaps even before they launched, I called them Xbone and Rehashtation 4. I believe I was temporarily banned or at least modded for that. I'd like to see other times but I don't know how.

Visit your own profile page and look at the top right corner for the button Mod History next to Send Message.

The Mod History button is only visible to moderators/admins and the user in question themself, so the only mod history a regular user can look up is their own.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241586&page=1
Instead of waiting for an actual infraction to occur, such as me engaging in arguments over the game's quality rather than the point of the thread, it was locked based on the assumption that's what my plan was simply because I engaged in Pokemon discussions a while prior. When criticized and asked for more definitive proof and explanation, he had the audacity to act like I'm the unreasonable one. That annoyed me to the point where I decided not to make threads on this site anymore.

Around the Network
Lonely_Dolphin said:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241586&page=1
Instead of waiting for an actual infraction to occur, such as me engaging in arguments over the game's quality rather than the point of the thread, it was locked based on the assumption that's what my plan was simply because I engaged in Pokemon discussions a while prior. When criticized and asked for more definitive proof and explanation, he had the audacity to act like I'm the unreasonable one. That annoyed me to the point where I decided not to make threads on this site anymore.

Thanks, this made my day.

You made a troll thread at a time when the community was already fed up with you, so the necessary ingredients for a flame war were present because for many people your thread would have been the straw that breaks the camel's back. Hiku did you a favor with a lock because without an early lock the only logical outcome would have been a mandatory ban for you.

While I do think that Hiku was too nice, he still accomplished something of value in an unintentional way. If that is really what made you refrain from making threads on this site, then good job @Hiku 

Just a shame that now after me saying all this, you'll go back to making threads because you want to spite me.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

I have one warning on this forum and it was a thread talking about the lack of iconic Nintendo controllers which was really silly. I asked the age of the OP or something like that and I got a warning for it :P

Though I did receive an infraction on another forum where it was free game to shit on the Epic Game Launcher in whatever capacity, but god forbid if you questioned or didnt hail Steam as the savior of the world you would get a day ban or two.

Still bothers me a bit hehe

RolStoppable said:

Thanks, this made my day.

You made a troll thread at a time when the community was already fed up with you, so the necessary ingredients for a flame war were present because for many people your thread would have been the straw that breaks the camel's back. Hiku did you a favor with a lock because without an early lock the only logical outcome would have been a mandatory ban for you.

While I do think that Hiku was too nice, he still accomplished something of value in an unintentional way. If that is really what made you refrain from making threads on this site, then good job @Hiku 

Just a shame that now after me saying all this, you'll go back to making threads because you want to spite me.

You're very out of touch with reality, not just because of that first paragraph, but mainly that you believe I'd care enough to spite you. Such ego!

Lonely_Dolphin said:

You're very out of touch with reality, not just because of that first paragraph, but mainly that you believe I'd care enough to spite you. Such ego!

It's a relief to see you say that.

TomaTito said: 

@S.Peelman palindrome dates that work simultaneously on DD-MM-YYYY and MM-DD-YYYY formats

Owww. Lol.

Well, can't blame me, the Americans just do it wrong.