By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FORBES [Opinion] - Xbox Series X Vs PlayStation 5: Don't Count Microsoft Out This Generation

Tagged games:

What do you think

Yes 2 6.06%

I fully agree 9 27.27%

100% Microsoft will win this generation 1 3.03%

I hope Xbox will win this generation 2 6.06%

Corona Virus will win in the end 2 6.06%

No, I don't think Microso... 17 51.52%

Total:33
sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:

Again, yes. Halo infinite will probably be a great game, what people are saying is that it could be greater where it to fully utilize the xsx power. 

Not disagreeing with that claim. However in the grand scheme it doesn’t matter to the masses. It’s common knowledge that a year 1 exclusive, cross gen or otherwise, will never get as much out of a console then a 6th year exclusive. 

So really, this is business as usual, gen after gen. I don’t think anybody expects PS5 exclusives to take full advantage of the hardware at launch compared to 5 years later, that just wouldn’t be realistic

You are probably right. But one way to never active the best possible result is to never even try. What we do know is that Sony will at least try at the very beginning. MS wont even bother until 2022, maybe Holliday 2021.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
sales2099 said:

Not disagreeing with that claim. However in the grand scheme it doesn’t matter to the masses. It’s common knowledge that a year 1 exclusive, cross gen or otherwise, will never get as much out of a console then a 6th year exclusive. 

So really, this is business as usual, gen after gen. I don’t think anybody expects PS5 exclusives to take full advantage of the hardware at launch compared to 5 years later, that just wouldn’t be realistic

You are probably right. But one way to never active the best possible result is to never even try. What we do know is that Sony will at least try at the very beginning. MS wont even bother until 2022, maybe Holliday 2021.

Glad we can agree on that. That said I still think MS devs are getting experience regardless. Not like they will be 2 years behind or anything. Both companies exclusives won’t take full advantage, though I agree Sony’s will get a bit closer. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

LudicrousSpeed said:
HollyGamer said:

It's hard to argue with you, but i will just some expert industries speak for you

In that same tweet chain Schreier also says it's a great option for consumers. And Barlog says it's great as an option for consumers. So they actually agree with me. Schreier is wondering how the industry evolves when everyone is paying a subscription. He's not saying subscriptions are inherently bad or anything. Barlog is saying he hopes subscription only isn't the future. They aren't saying anything with any real substance either. I hope we all don't walk around with dildos in our butts in the future. There, I said it. But I'm not going to provide any logical reasoning as to why we'd arrive at that future, just like you aren't providing any reasoning as to why we'd get to an all-subscription future. 

Digital is a convenience, just like streaming. They aren't going to replace physical media. Though, digital is actually better for the publishers and developers because they get a lot more of the money than they do from retail sales. If you're worried about gaming just look at music and movies/television. None of the stuff you're predicting for games came true for those, they won't happen in gaming either.

Yes it's good for consumer for short terms  but bad for company and will be bad for consumer in the end and bad for the industries  . If you read the whole tweet you will understand. No need a rocket science. I bet you just don't want to accept most developer hate this . As gamer i love free games but there is nothing is free in real life. 

CGI-Quality said:

People are a little unsure of what 'taking full advantage' means. Exclusive PS5 games (games built with it, and only it, in mind) are taking full advantage of the specs. That's not the same as pushing said specs to their climax, it just means all working parts are there to create an experience unique to that machine (unlike a port or game created with multiple devices in mind). That's why you'll sometimes hear some devs say that, even though they create mutiplatform games, each is taking advantage of specific hardware. Where exclusives differ is they don't have to consider other devices and are given a complete canvas with which to be built upon.

I try to provide examples in situations like these, and though I specialize in Still Life, the principle remains...

Render details toned down (including resolution) for lower-specked machines to render in a reasonable manner

No restrictions (for an enthusiast+ grade PC)

What am I getting at? Well, the lower image was created with 100% freedom. No other lower-specked PCs to worry about. The top image had things toned down considerably to produce a reasonably good looking image in the same amount of time. This is a similar idea with game performance. Even though devs consider graphics, they also have to be mindful of latency/performance. Too many details can destroy a game that couldn't be reasonably rendered on an older (or lower-specked) machine. That's why truly exclusive next gen games will walk all over cross gen and current gen games. So much more can be done on the better hardware, and once all restrictions are removed, that will be displayed in all of its glory. 

I just want to see your article or thread about the possible tech and technique in rendering for next gen. 

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 01 February 2020

HollyGamer said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

In that same tweet chain Schreier also says it's a great option for consumers. And Barlog says it's great as an option for consumers. So they actually agree with me. Schreier is wondering how the industry evolves when everyone is paying a subscription. He's not saying subscriptions are inherently bad or anything. Barlog is saying he hopes subscription only isn't the future. They aren't saying anything with any real substance either. I hope we all don't walk around with dildos in our butts in the future. There, I said it. But I'm not going to provide any logical reasoning as to why we'd arrive at that future, just like you aren't providing any reasoning as to why we'd get to an all-subscription future. 

Digital is a convenience, just like streaming. They aren't going to replace physical media. Though, digital is actually better for the publishers and developers because they get a lot more of the money than they do from retail sales. If you're worried about gaming just look at music and movies/television. None of the stuff you're predicting for games came true for those, they won't happen in gaming either.

Yes it's good for consumer for short terms  but bad for company and will be bad for consumer in the end and bad for the industries  . If you read the whole tweet you will understand. No need a rocket science. I bet you just don't want to accept most developer hate this . As gamer i love free games but there is nothing is free in real life. 

I read the whole tweet. Again, you’re making claims but not making them with any substance. It’s easy to say this will be bad for companies and bad for consumers. It’s harder to actually explain why or how. The most obvious hurdle in your theory is that this is all voluntary. Microsoft doesn’t force anyone to put their games on GwG or GamePass. Sony doesn’t force anyone to do the same with PS+ or PS Now. If this was something really bad for developers, then just don’t do it? 

Also where are the free games? You pay a fee to play the games. The devs get paid by Microsoft or Sony. There’s nothing free here. I’m not going to go back and forth anymore when you aren’t actually explaining anything. Quote me with substance if you want a reply 👍

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
HollyGamer said:

I read the whole tweet. Again, you’re making claims but not making them with any substance. It’s easy to say this will be bad for companies and bad for consumers. It’s harder to actually explain why or how. The most obvious hurdle in your theory is that this is all voluntary. Microsoft doesn’t force anyone to put their games on GwG or GamePass. Sony doesn’t force anyone to do the same with PS+ or PS Now. If this was something really bad for developers, then just don’t do it? 

Also where are the free games? You pay a fee to play the games. The devs get paid by Microsoft or Sony. There’s nothing free here. I’m not going to go back and forth anymore when you aren’t actually explaining anything. Quote me with substance if you want a reply 👍

I have explained everything , i am agree that gamepass is a choice not a must for developer or gamer. That's why it's not a unique to Xbox or a selling point. But some people expect gamepass will be revolutionary and change game industries. But i can see Gampass will just be a normal service pay. It means we can agree on that point. 

HollyGamer said:

Baseless claim. And when someone makes a baseless claim, he will usualy just say "not rocket science" to hide the fact that he cannot explain why. Netflix was supposed to kill the movie industy. Oh and TV was also supposed to do it decades ago. Oh and movie rental stores too. And be bad for consumers.

Or not.

Alcyon said:
HollyGamer said:

Baseless claim. And when someone makes a baseless claim, he will usualy just say "not rocket science" to hide the fact that he cannot explain why. Netflix was supposed to kill the movie industy. Oh and TV was also supposed to do it decades ago. Oh and movie rental stores too. And be bad for consumers.

Or not.

Well i did explain in few pages back, also many Journalist and  game developer had their concern. Also you can just do your homework by looking and searching for yourself in Internet. Also i need to remind you Videogames Industries is far far far more complicated and another level then movie Industries. 

HollyGamer said:
Alcyon said:

Or not.

Well i did explain in few pages back, also many Journalist and  game developer had their concern. Also you can just do your homework by looking and searching for yourself in Internet. Also i need to remind you Videogames Industries is far far far more complicated and another level then movie Industries. 

Worried <> bad for everybody. Geez, the same old mistake again, no your apinion isn't a fact.

So this article basically says nothing except that the chance for Xbox doing something is higher than absolute zero. Cool journalism, bro.

The new Xbox could be twice as powerful and half as expensive as the PS5 and it would still struggle. Mainly because the people in charge of making Xbox a strong brand really do not give a fuck.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.