By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Okami - PS2 VS Wii - Graphical Comparison

i don't really see a graphical difference between the two they look the same to me

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Around the Network
Sherlock99 said:
i don't really see a graphical difference between the two they look the same to me

I ask this question in all seriousness: Are you colorblind?  The colors on the Wii are a lot more vivid due to the rice paper filter being much less pronounced.  Some will like the filter more and some will like the colors more..personally I like the colors. 

To Each Man, Responsibility

The PS2 version definitely looks more blurry because of 480i, despite the deinterlacing they applied on it.
It's sometimes hard to see what's going on on the PS2 version. It's less apparent because of the cell shading.
Besides, HDTV owners usually don't like washed out colours, as they're spoiled with thinking more saturated colors equal better image.

I'm not sure, I really like the vibrancy of the Wii version, but the PS2 version had a VERY oriented feel to it, I like both :) I do think the PS3 version works better for the theme of the game though.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

The colors are different .... but I cant say wihich is the one I like better ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

Well Capcom said this would be the superior version, guess I'll go with them. But then again their P.R. is something to be taken with a grain of salt.

Capcom said this game was superior than the PS2 version ? might have something to do with them being that one's that profit from sales of the game.

Considering they probably aren't profitiing from the PS2 version this kind of statement would be expected. There is is a slight improvment on the Wii in terms of visuals but yeah...that's it.

Like the wii version more. Colors are more detailed and vibrant, nothing wrong with the ps2 version, just a diferent style.

I actually liked the wii look better. still enough style with some more vibrant colours. and close up, the ps2 version just looked blurry.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Much more saturation of color in the Wii version creating a more vibrant and seemingly contrasted art style. It should be much more interesting to look at through the length of the game.