By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 18 January 2020

Will switch actually have good legs? Can't picture them making a successor anytime in the next 3 years and they'll not likely be challenged by a traditional handheld again

I am Iron Man

Around the Network

Crazy that Switch is already on pace to have another 20m year, though it's extremely early. They're going to have to do something big to compete with 2019's 2nd half to keep pace.

PortisheadBiscuit said:
Crazy that Switch is already on pace to have another 20m year, though it's extremely early. They're going to have to do something big to compete with 2019's 2nd half to keep pace.

I wouldn't say a price cut and keeping the games coming is anything major. It's pretty basic and all they need.

Last edited by Nu-13 - on 22 January 2020

We are still in the last quarter of the year FYI.

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
Will switch actually have good legs? Can't picture them making a successor anytime in the next 3 years and they'll not likely be challenged by a traditional handheld again

The only way it wont is if Nintendo themselves do something stupid to cause sales to plummet.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Bloody hell, Switch is on a rampage.

Radek said:
Wow the gap between Switch and Xbox One is already 5 millions..

After so long watching Switch catching up to Xbone it still looks strange to me to see Switch already so far ahead.

xMetroid said:
Marth said:
Switch is already ahead of last years January and there are still 2 weeks left.

That's crazy... I had doubts of 2020 not being the peak but tbh the only chance is if the lineup for the year doesnt change but there is no way it's going to happen.

What "lineup", Animal Crossing is literally the only big game confirmed for Switch this year as of now.

curl-6 said:

Radek said:
Wow the gap between Switch and Xbox One is already 5 millions..

After so long watching Switch catching up to Xbone it still looks strange to me to see Switch already so far ahead.

xMetroid said:

That's crazy... I had doubts of 2020 not being the peak but tbh the only chance is if the lineup for the year doesnt change but there is no way it's going to happen.

What "lineup", Animal Crossing is literally the only big game confirmed for Switch this year as of now.

Well, only one from Nintendo yet.

Braverly Default II, No More Heroes III, Rune Factory 5 are some of the bigger games announced to release in 2020 so far, all exclusive to the Switch.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
curl-6 said:

Braverly Default II, No More Heroes III, Rune Factory 5 are some of the bigger games announced to release in 2020 so far, all exclusive to the Switch.

Those mid-tier releases are nice to have, but I was talking about big, system selling titles.

This year will just be filled with switch goodness until the new 4k twins come along. But it does look like switch wants to cross another 20mil this year.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

curl-6 said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Those mid-tier releases are nice to have, but I was talking about big, system selling titles.

Big games alone do squat if there are no mid tiers in between to back them up. Sure, the big guns are still missing, but the mid cards are there already. If Nintendo just brings one or two more big games, it's gold.