By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - YouTube TV is now available on PS4

Just doing a little community service announcement, since Sony can't seem to bother with informing its consumer base on this issue.

If you where one of the nearly 1 Million PS4 owners in the US using PlayStation Vue, then I'm sure you are aware by now that Vue will be going offline on 1/30/2020. Since the announcement of its closure in October, Sony has not made any comments, or responded to any questions regarding Live TV on PS4. 

Regardless, the YouTube TV App has arrived today on the US PlayStation Store. 

This is great news for anyone that relies on their PlayStation 4 for Live TV. You can rest assured you will have at least one option to continue accessing Live TV when 1/30/2020 rolls around.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

Huh? I've been using YouTube on my PS4 for a year now. I am waiting for Hulu Live TV so I can put my Xbox One in the closet lol

KBG29 said:

Just doing a little community service announcement, since Sony can't seem to bother with informing its consumer base on this issue.

If you where one of the nearly 1 Million PS4 owners in the US using PlayStation Vue, then I'm sure you are aware by now that Vue will be going offline on 1/30/2020. Since the announcement of its closure in October, Sony has not made any comments, or responded to any questions regarding Live TV on PS4. 

This is great news for anyone that relies on their PlayStation 4 for Live TV. You can rest assured you will have at least one option to continue accessing Live TV when 1/30/2020 rolls around.

Maybe Sony feels it's nothing big to announce cause I clearly had no idea Youtube TV was a thing lol.

PortisheadBiscuit said:
Huh? I've been using YouTube on my PS4 for a year now. I am waiting for Hulu Live TV so I can put my Xbox One in the closet lol

The current Youtube app on the PS4 is just regular Youtube, while Youtube TV is their own streaming service for like $50/month. 

I had to google it up just now cause I had no clue about it until 2 minutes ago, and now it's something I know that I couldn't care less about lol

Everyone is trying to dip their hands in the streaming service moneypot.

This makes me happy. I was confident it would happen this year but was not certain it would be before my sony vue service ends on the 30th. I have a roku I could of used but it just more convenient using my ps4 for live tv.

V-r0cK said:
KBG29 said:

Maybe Sony feels it's nothing big to announce cause I clearly had no idea Youtube TV was a thing lol.

PortisheadBiscuit said:

The current Youtube app on the PS4 is just regular Youtube, while Youtube TV is their own streaming service for like $50/month. 

I had to google it up just now cause I had no clue about it until 2 minutes ago, and now it's something I know that I couldn't care less about lol

Everyone is trying to dip their hands in the streaming service moneypot.

Ahhhh okay, got it.

And yeah these streaming wars are getting out of hand. Greed I tell ya

Around the Network

PS4 is irrelevant for media, doesn't even have VLC app, doesn't read almost anything, most my movies are in x265 and most my music is in FLAC/ALAC, ps4 is useless, even a 20dollars TV media box runs things way better than ps4. PS4 doesn't even have a 4K bluray player

My Xbox X runs anything you could throw at it. Its a shame no one seems to value the xbox for these awesome features.

victor83fernandes said:

PS4 is irrelevant for media, doesn't even have VLC app, doesn't read almost anything, most my movies are in x265 and most my music is in FLAC/ALAC, ps4 is useless, even a 20dollars TV media box runs things way better than ps4. PS4 doesn't even have a 4K bluray player

My Xbox X runs anything you could throw at it. Its a shame no one seems to value the xbox for these awesome features.

Perhaps cause the main reason to value a console is games and Playstation does it better than all the others. Other features are a bonus and that's great of course, but if the main feature is not good, all the greatest bonuses won't turn things around for that system.

PortisheadBiscuit said:

YouTube and YouTubeTV are two different apps.  YouTubeTV functions the same and replaces cable and satellite.

By live TV are you talking about TV channels, like ABC, CBS, CNN etc? I did not know there was a section of Youtube doing that.

I have Youtube on my TV but the "normal" Youtube. Though some TV channels, mostly news channels are available but only cause those channels broadcast their feed live on Youtube.

LivingMetal said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

YouTube and YouTubeTV are two different apps.  YouTubeTV functions the same and replaces cable and satellite.

Yeah Vrock already explained in an earlier reply, my bad lol