By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Alienware, promoting their Switch clone, tweets, "Switch is cool but... the limited number of games on it isn't"

I can't help but think this thing is the worst of both consoles and PCs. Like a console it can't be upgraded, or repaired. Like a console it's only so powerful. Like a PC it has no physical media. Like a PC buying a game for it involves wading through a confusing sea of stores, DRM policies, and whether or not games support controller play. Like an Alienware PC it is going to be insanely expensive. Give me a beefy PC, or give me a Switch. This thing is neither, and exists in some no-man's-land between the two.

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 20 January 2020

Around the Network
StuOhQ said:
So... are they honestly suggesting their portable hybrid PC is going to cost less than the Switch? With the Alienware brand no less?

Popcorn ready for when they drop the price.

I think the quote "The Nintendo Switch is cool, but the price and limited number of games on it isn’t." is referring to the price of games being cheaper on PC than Switch, but yeah it's a confusing way to word it.

Barkley said:
StuOhQ said:
So... are they honestly suggesting their portable hybrid PC is going to cost less than the Switch? With the Alienware brand no less?

Popcorn ready for when they drop the price.

I think the quote "The Nintendo Switch is cool, but the price and limited number of games on it isn’t." is referring to the price of games being cheaper on PC than Switch, but yeah it's a confusing way to word it.

Prices on Indies are mostly the same as Steam. Actual Nintendo IPs do cost money, but those games would cost money no matter what platform they were on. There are a few outrageous prices on the eShop, but I think those are a minority, like 10-20% of the eShop.

Cerebralbore101 said:
Barkley said:

Prices on Indies are mostly the same as Steam. Actual Nintendo IPs do cost money, but those games would cost money no matter what platform they were on. There are a few outrageous prices on the eShop, but I think those are a minority, like 10-20% of the eShop.

They must be talking about prices of old games or during sales, because otherwise it doesn't make sense. PC games are generally no cheaper than consoles until they get a few months old. Sales are just better on PC with multiple stores available. Steam, Fanatical, GMG, GOG, Epic, Humble... etc. When it comes to sales eShop is the worst of the consoles.

In a humble bundle last year I got Crash, Spyro and CoD WWII for $12, you just don't get value like that on consoles. Hell Spyro was only a couple of months old on PC at that point.

Deals much better on PC, New is pretty much same as Switch.

i dont mind competition but just dont kill nintendo :P