By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 11 January 2020

Alcyon said:
Nu-13 said:

I didn't mention sd cards at any point.

Ahh the good old "shit, I was wrong, let's point to something minor, so they don't notice that I was wrong". But what's funny is "a 16Gb cartridge costs the same as a 25Gb bluray" without any source "tiz iz tru becoz y sayd soh". I can buy a 25Gb bluray for about 1$, good luck with your flash memory at that price.

I don't have any doubt about your intentions but I'll say anyway that we had reports of 8gb switch cartridges costing the same as a 25gb bluray at launch in 2017. It's been 3 years and those things get cheaper.

Around the Network
Nu-13 said:
Alcyon said:

Ahh the good old "shit, I was wrong, let's point to something minor, so they don't notice that I was wrong". But what's funny is "a 16Gb cartridge costs the same as a 25Gb bluray" without any source "tiz iz tru becoz y sayd soh". I can buy a 25Gb bluray for about 1$, good luck with your flash memory at that price.

I don't have any doubt about your intentions but I'll say anyway that we had reports of 8gb switch cartridges costing the same as a 25gb bluray at launch in 2017. It's been 3 years and those things get cheaper.

No.... It was an 8gb cartridge giving the same profit margin as a PS4/xbo disc. So 50gb...

Barkley said:
Nu-13 said:

No.... It was an 8gb cartridge giving the same profit margin as a PS4/xbo disc. So 50gb...

Bluray discs are 25gb and dual layered versions are 50gb. It's not that complicated. The same report said a 32gb cart was 60% more expensive than a 50gb bluray. The 16gb was probably in between but prices and must have gone down or are about to.

Last edited by Nu-13 - on 19 January 2020

Again, AGAIN, A-G-A-I-N, a Nintendo cartridge isn't a SD Card. You didn't mention SD card, but you are bringing the "price drop" when you are looking at .... SSD or SD Cards. The price isn't solely about the memory, you need to build to card itself (and a Nintendo cartridge isn't a standard format), a box (same story), etc.

Alcyon said:
Again, AGAIN, A-G-A-I-N, a Nintendo cartridge isn't a SD Card. You didn't mention SD card, but you are bringing the "price drop" when you are looking at .... SSD or SD Cards. The price isn't solely about the memory, you need to build to card itself (and a Nintendo cartridge isn't a standard format), a box (same story), etc.

You are the only one mentioning SD cards in any way, shape or form.

Around the Network
Nu-13 said:
Alcyon said:

You are the only one mentioning SD cards in any way, shape or form.

I'll stop to feed the troll. Go figure why a nintendo cartridge isn't only a form of flash memory.

⚠️ WARNED: Flaming ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 20 January 2020

Nu-13 said:
Barkley said:

Bluray discs are 25gb and dual layered versions are 50gb. It's not that complicated.

Yes it's not.... PS4/XB1 Blu-Ray disc = Dual Layer.

"Your game needs to be less than 8GB if you want to make the same margin as PS4/XB1 Blu-Ray disc."

8gb = Dual Layer Blu-ray in 2017, not Single Layer as you wrongly said.

Barkley said:
Nu-13 said:

Bluray discs are 25gb and dual layered versions are 50gb. It's not that complicated.

"Your game needs to be less than 8GB if you want to make the same margin as PS4/XB1 Blu-Ray disc."

Prove it.

Nu-13 said:
Barkley said:

Prove it.

How ironic that you're asking me to prove something when you yourself haven't posted a single shred of proof in this thread.

"16gb cartridge costs he same as a 25gb bluray disc." Zero evidence.

"we had reports of 8gb switch cartridges costing the same as a 25gb bluray at launch in 2017." Zero Evidence.

I've already posted a source, you've posted literally nothing and are asking me for proof?

The words are right there, in 2017 8GB = same margin as PS4/XB1 Blu-Ray Disc. In his previous tweet he directly specified he was talking about 50gb discs.

Try posting some evidence yourself instead of just making claims with nothing to back them up.

Barkley said:
Nu-13 said:

Prove it.

How ironic that you're asking me to prove something when you yourself haven't posted a single shred of proof in this thread.

"16gb cartridge costs he same as a 25gb bluray disc." Zero evidence.

"we had reports of 8gb switch cartridges costing the same as a 25gb bluray at launch in 2017." Zero Evidence.

I've already posted a source, you've posted literally nothing and are asking me for proof?

The words are right there, in 2017 8GB = same margin as PS4/XB1 Blu-Ray Disc. In his previous tweet he directly specified he was talking about 50gb discs.

Try posting some evidence yourself instead of just making claims with nothing to back them up.

You are literally proving MY point. It doesn't get any clearer than that. He said an 8gb cartidge costed the same as a ps4/x1 bluray disc and that a 32gb cart costed 60% more than a 50gb bluray. It is a fact that bluray discs have 25gb capacity while dual layered versions have 50gb. That's why we only say bluray disc for the standard versions and have to specify when talking about the dual layered ones. On the other hand, you keep saying that 50gb is the standard size for ps4/x1 discs while showing no proof or evidence for it.

So, you claim I have no evidence but right after shows PROOF that I'm right on the second quoted sentence. And because of that it's safe to assume that BY NOW, the 16gb carts have similar cost compared to the 8gb at launch.