By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Saints Row IV: Re-Elected is coming to Switch!

Tagged games:

The only good non-Wii console games from the 7th gen are Geometry Wars and the Orange Box.

Just port the original Geometry Wars with 4-player splitscreen and add Left 4 Dead and Portal 2 to the Orange Box with splitscreen multiplayer. Why are they wasting time on Bioshock and Saint's Row?

(and port the car stealing game for the kids).

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Ugh, more fossilized last gen shovelware.
I hope this doesn't turn into a year of Switch drowning in regurgitated old rope while lacking worthwhile new releases. :(

I would take the ports over countless forgettable indie games.

Some of these ports are classics I'd argue are worth playing. Assuming they do a good port.

People seemed quite happy with Alien game recently.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Pyro as Bill said:
The only good non-Wii console games from the 7th gen are Geometry Wars and the Orange Box.

Just port the original Geometry Wars with 4-player splitscreen and add Left 4 Dead and Portal 2 to the Orange Box with splitscreen multiplayer. Why are they wasting time on Bioshock and Saint's Row?

Boy, that's a dumb opinion. Also, the companies wasting the time are the ones willing to do ports.

Valve seems to have lost interest in consoles. X1 users got lucky that BC brought Valve games to X1. They even got the 4K treatment.

It's clear Nintendo should just buy Valve already.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Pyro as Bill said:

Boy, that's a dumb opinion. Also, the companies wasting the time are the ones willing getting paid to do ports.

Valve seems to have lost interest in consoles. X1 users got lucky that BC brought Valve games to X1. They even got the 4K treatment.

"4K treatment". Who cares? They should be using the extra power to add splitscreen multiplayer instead.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

curl-6 said:

I hope this doesn't turn into a year of Switch drowning in regurgitated old rope while lacking worthwhile new releases. :(

Hey, as long as they are good and there's enough new stuff, I'm fine.

Plus, now Persona 5 is going to become last gen, so...

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
curl-6 said:

Some of these ports are classics I'd argue are worth playing. Assuming they do a good port.

I'm certainly not a fan of the countless forgettable indie games either.

But I've owned an Xbox 360 since 2009 so I've already played everything I'm interested in from last gen.

It's just tiring that we know almost nothing about what new games are coming to Switch this year and all that's been revealed recently are games I played or passed on almost a decade (or over a decade) ago.

I wouldn't mind so much if there were also a bunch of new games to look forward to, but the as-yet-confirmed release schedule is looking as barren as the Sahara.

Pyro as Bill said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Boy, that's a dumb opinion. Also, the companies wasting the time are the ones willing getting paid to do ports.

"4K treatment". Who cares? They should be using the extra power to add splitscreen multiplayer instead.

Well its emulation. So they generally don't add features like that.

But I suppose they could emulate muliple 360 consoles at once and make them split screen on the Series X. Each screen would be crisp on a 4K TV.

What a great suggestion you inadvertently made.

Recently Completed

curl-6 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I'm certainly not a fan of the countless forgettable indie games either.

But I've owned an Xbox 360 since 2009 so I've already played everything I'm interested in from last gen.

It's just tiring that we know almost nothing about what new games are coming to Switch this year and all that's been revealed recently are games I played or passed on almost a decade (or over a decade) ago.

I wouldn't mind so much if there were also a bunch of new games to look forward to, but the as-yet-confirmed release schedule is looking as barren as the Sahara.

Ya know its possible people NOT YOU will play these for the first time on Switch.

Maybe you should get a X1 and Game Pass. You'll be so balls deep in games that you'll need two dicks to fuck them all.

Switch is great, but clearly you need console polygamy. I have more fucking games than time.

Recently Completed

Darwinianevolution said:
curl-6 said:

Hey, as long as they are good and there's enough new stuff, I'm fine.

Plus, now Persona 5 is going to become last gen, so...

Technically Persona 5 always has been. It's also on PS3.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

sorry wrong thread

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!