Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3 reasons that made Nintendo Switch a succes

Tagged games:

Will Switch sell over 100m?

Yes 54 78.26%

I don't think so 3 4.35%

I like cookies 12 17.39%

Total:69
Snoorlax said:

- Where does it say "we will stop focusing on casuals?" Nowhere, the answer is that they tried to focus and please both audiences at the same time like i've been saying the whole time.

- What core games in 2015? You mean Devil's Third or Mario Party 10? I'm talking about 3rd party core games and the shift that happened after the first year, yeah that's what i was saying genius. Seems like it's getting too much for you now.

- No, you showed me Sony and Ms's billion dollar losses without any context and i countered that so now you've got nothing new to add, repeat most of what i already said and you fall back on Nintendo's business model.

- Yeah, just like i thought, no real answer just keep argueing for the sake of argueing. And yeah i've proved you multiple times now that Wii U was named and sold based on Wii's success but not with a more personal experience in mind like you claim, but with the casual audience took you long enough to understand it. 

- Again this part is of your own thinking saying they're aiming at cores doesn't mean I said solely at cores it means that's the main audience they want to bring in after they assumed the blue ocean would migrate over by default.

- You don't understand what "up to" means? It means from launch up to the end of 2014 they still had those games on board the shift came before those games stopped arriving the shift happened at the end of 2013 because the blue ocean didn't follow through.

- No the context was the it was even explained why those figures were being shown to you because those losses show the type of costs that approach entails meaning the 10bn you touted that's in the bank means nothing with such costs, fact that you think business model was something to fall back on when it was always part of the point and equation is highlighting you either didn't read anything or don't really understand how business operates as business model is a key factor in a company's finances you can't even open up a company bank account with out one being presented to the bank so they know where the money is coming from and going.

- Except the is an answer and the is objective proof in the form of well you know GC and GBA linking up with games utilizing it, notice how you have now counter to this and side step with a red herring like your claim of proof which was debunks ages ago.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:

- Again this part is of your own thinking saying they're aiming at cores doesn't mean I said solely at cores

Wyrdness said:

Nintendo full on stopped catering to the new gaming crowd.

Wyrdness said:

People ended up not caring because they weren't given reason to care the casuals weren't being catered to,

Yeah, i think you're either trolling or just very confused and i certaintly think the latter with how long and how serious you take your replys. Like i said i can continue to disprove your claims anytime but the amount of times you've contradicted yourself is not even funny anymore. Don't refrain mentioning the PS3 or how Reggie runs his company after this because at least those are a good laugh.

You've tried really hard changing and twisting your wording and coming up with new arguments but in the end you still got no proof of Nintendo just focusing on the core crowd and failing for this reason.

Alcyon said:
sethnintendo said:

Sega running out of money didn't help the situation either. 

Sure, but still: the PS2 sold more units during the first year than the Dreamcast during its entire life time.

Sega had screwed over their fans with the Saturn saying that it was not their future and Saturn bombed, Sega of America's rebel attitude towards Sega of Japan also didn't help and Sega had lost too much money over the years.

It sure is one of the few fresh ideas in consoles. I don't expect anything interesting from xbone series x and ps5. I just find Switch's library super bland. Mind you i buy the nintendo hardware for their exclusive games. If you didn't have the Wii U, i can see it has good software. Otherwise, bland new ip's and rest are ports from U.

There is Mario Odyssey and maybe Metroid in future that could be interesting. Right now for those that have it, enjoy. Just doesn't appeal to me despite lovely, interesting hardware.