By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Direct announced for January 9th 2020

Darwinianevolution said:
Barkley said:

Expansion pass is hundreds of times better than a third version. Thank goodness that stupidly archaic practice has seemingly finally stopped.

Mystery Dungeon remake is cool... except it looks terrible. The "looks like a 3ds game" thing is usually an exaggeration... but wow.

But really other than Diamond/Pearl remake this direct was the best I could expect it to be.

That's... debatable, actually. Someone can just wait for the third version and get the complete game for full price. If you want this, you need to pay full price plus 30$. This is not done to fix the multiple versions custom, otherwise there would not be Sword and Shield. This is done because is much cheaper and profitable.

You're totally right, it should not be assumed everyone buys the initial versions. However they atctually didn't go full greed on this. They could have added this content to the base game and sold it as Sword 2/Shield 2, $60 a pop rather than $30, but they didn't surprisingly.

Around the Network
Lonely_Dolphin said:
Darwinianevolution said:

That's... debatable, actually. Someone can just wait for the third version and get the complete game for full price. If you want this, you need to pay full price plus 30$. This is not done to fix the multiple versions custom, otherwise there would not be Sword and Shield. This is done because is much cheaper and profitable.

You're totally right, it should not be assumed everyone buys the initial versions. However they atctually didn't go full greed on this. They could have added this content to the base game and sold it as Sword 2/Shield 2, $60 a pop rather than $30, but they didn't surprisingly.

They didn't. Yet.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I'm assuming this meaty expansion means no Diamond/Pearl remakes until next year so that makes me wonder what the big holiday titles will be this year. BotW 2 releasing in November seems more likely now.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
I'm assuming this meaty expansion means no Diamond/Pearl remakes until next year so that makes me wonder what the big holiday titles will be this year. BotW 2 releasing in November seems more likely now.

Why would you expect remakes only 1 year after sw/sh? 2021 has always seemed like an ideal date.

Darwinianevolution said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

They didn't. Yet.

I'd think they'd have just done that to begin with if they were ever going to, but eh we'll see.

Nu-13 said:
zorg1000 said:

Why would you expect remakes only 1 year after sw/sh? 2021 has always seemed like an ideal date.

OR/AS came 1 year after X/Y so not unprecedented.

Around the Network
Lonely_Dolphin said:
Darwinianevolution said:

They didn't. Yet.

I'd think they'd have just done that to begin with if they were ever going to, but eh we'll see.

I know, but they've done so many thinks in such a short amount of time I don't know what to think it's below them anymore.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

They didn't. Yet.

I hope they do, it would be a very good deal for the consumer.

If you didnt buy SS, buying the definitive edition with all content as a 60$ game. If you have SS already, you ignore it and just need 30$ more.

Nu-13 said:
zorg1000 said:

Look at the release dates of some previous remakes after a new gen.

Ruby/Sapphire-Nov 2002

FireRed/LeafGreen-Jan 2004

14 months

X/Y-Oct 2013

OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire-Nov 2014

13 months

2 of the 3 remakes released barely more than a year later.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Darwinianevolution said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

I know, but they've done so many thinks in such a short amount of time I don't know what to think it's below them anymore.

We know they still have some limits... for some reason. If they were gonna go full greed we'd see lootboxes and microtransactions. I do think they may as well implement these practices with how far they've gone already, at least that way Nintendo's good games can be made better. Trying and failing to keep up the false pretense that quality and consumer satisfaction are #1 doesn't benefit us the consumers and is only leaving money on the table for Nintendo.

jonathanalis said:
Darwinianevolution said:

They didn't. Yet.

I hope they do, it would be a very good deal for the consumer.

If you didnt buy SS, buying the definitive edition with all content as a 60$ game. If you have SS already, you ignore it and just need 30$ more.

Oh I didn't think of that, releasing a $60 definitive edition after the dlc has dropped. I'm hoping they do that with Smash, especially since when all the DLC is out, it's total price will be the same as the base game.

zorg1000 said:
Nu-13 said:

Look at the release dates of some previous remakes after a new gen.

Ruby/Sapphire-Nov 2002

FireRed/LeafGreen-Jan 2004

14 months

X/Y-Oct 2013

OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire-Nov 2014

13 months

2 of the 3 remakes released barely more than a year later.

But using context from right now, 1 year is too small of a gap.