By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Direct announced for January 9th 2020

zorg1000 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
Okay so they announced DLC that should have already been in the game, and want to charge us $30 for it? -_-

It's an improvement from the old method. Buy the game for full price then a year or two later buy the game again at full price and start from scratch in order to play the extra stuff.

It still sucks but it's better than what we had with previous generations.

I'll cut both of your hands. Oh, you don't like that? Don't worry, I'll just cut one. I hope you are happy with the improvement ^^

Around the Network
Vodacixi said:
zorg1000 said:

It's an improvement from the old method. Buy the game for full price then a year or two later buy the game again at full price and start from scratch in order to play the extra stuff.

I'll cut both of your hands. Oh, you don't like that? Don't worry, I'll just cut one. I hope you are happy with the improvement ^^

Yes I would much rather have one hand than none

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Expansion pass is hundreds of times better than a third version. Thank goodness that stupidly archaic practice has seemingly finally stopped.

Mystery Dungeon remake is cool... except it looks terrible. The "looks like a 3ds game" thing is usually an exaggeration... but wow.

But really other than Diamond/Pearl remake this direct was the best I could expect it to be.

Vodacixi said:
Incredible. They were able to shit on their customers even more. Not only they delivered a broken game that fails in pretty much every area except the core battle system and the catching mechanic... but they will sell a partial solution to some of these problems for 30 dolars. Wow...

The sad (and funny) thing is... no matter how much content they sell, the game will still be flawed.

Create a problem and sell the solution, dems Bethesda level tactics. It's laughable that they still couldn't fit all Pokemon in here, maybe one day they'll figure out that the Switch is 100x more powerful than the 3DS which means it's capable of moar, not less.

Barkley said:

Expansion pass is hundreds of times better than a third version. Thank goodness that stupidly archaic practice has seemingly finally stopped.

Mystery Dungeon remake is cool... except it looks terrible. The "looks like a 3ds game" thing is usually an exaggeration... but wow.

But really other than Diamond/Pearl remake this direct was the best I could expect it to be.

Is it a remake or a remaster? I thought it just added a coat of HD paint.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Barkley said:

Is it a remake or a remaster? I thought it just added a coat of HD paint.

The original mystery dungeon is a 2d gba/ds game. It's definitely been created from the ground up. I enjoyed playing it on the GBA so it's a good game and will be enjoyable on the Switch if the graphics don't bother you.

zorg1000 said:
Vodacixi said:

Yes I would much rather have one hand than none

That's just precious...

RingoGaSuki said:
They know how to hook me hard.
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team is one of my favourite games ever - I've already preordered (well I'm opening my Switch right now to do so). It looks fantastic, it's not as nice-looking as the sprite art on the GBA/DS, but the style is really well done. I love the music remix too. So happy (and hopeful that this means that a Explorers remake is on the way in a few years should this sell well)

Yeah, I could not be more hyped for this remake. I planned on picking up the GBA versions, but this looks so damned good. And that artstyle is killer!

HYPE!HYPE!HYPE!HYPE!HYPE!HYPE!HYPE!HYPE!HYPE!HYPE!HYPE!HYPE!HYPE!HYPE!HYPE!HYPE!HYPE!HYPE!HYPE!HYPE!HYPE!HYPE!

zorg1000 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
Okay so they announced DLC that should have already been in the game, and want to charge us $30 for it? -_-

I never once bought the old 3rd versions, and never felt I was missing anything from them. I mean, what did  Crystal, Platinum, Ultra, really add to the games? A new legendary, and a couple new pokes. Right?

And even if I was so inclined to get the 3rd version, I could just sell my original version for 80% of the full price, because that's how much Nintendo and Poke'mon games hold their value. Poke'mon Black for example still goes for $33 CIB! Diamond goes for $24. SoulsSilver goes for $48! That's more than the game friggin launched at! Source: pricecharting.com

Barkley said:

That's... debatable, actually. Someone can just wait for the third version and get the complete game for full price. If you want this, you need to pay full price plus 30$. This is not done to fix the multiple versions custom, otherwise there would not be Sword and Shield. This is done because is much cheaper and profitable.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Cerebralbore101 said:
zorg1000 said:

I never once bought the old 3rd versions, and never felt I was missing anything from them. I mean, what did  Crystal, Platinum, Ultra, really add to the games? A new legendary, and a couple new pokes. Right?

And even if I was so inclined to get the 3rd version, I could just sell my original version for 80% of the full price, because that's how much Nintendo and Poke'mon games hold their value. Poke'mon Black for example still goes for $33 CIB! Diamond goes for $24. SoulsSilver goes for $48! That's more than the game friggin launched at! Source: pricecharting.com

3rd versions include new gameplay features, remixed plots, more pokemon, new characters, new areas, new modes, QOL improvements

https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_Yellow_Version

https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_Crystal_Version

https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_Emerald_Version

https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_Platinum_Version

https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_Black_and_White_Versions_2

https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_Ultra_Sun_and_Ultra_Moon

This really isnt all that different.