By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 sells through 106 million, Over 1.15 BILLION Games Sold!

Via PushSquare: https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/01/ps4_sales_smash_past_106_million_units_milestone

Pretty impressive numbers! And to think - they still have The Last of Us Part II, Ghost of Tsushima and FFVII Remake to go!

Around the Network

PSVR going strong too with over 5 million units sold.

Dreams might be being overlooked as well. If that game delivers- it could bring unlimited game creations to the PS4 and PS5.

Yep over 106m to consumers, and over 1,15B games sold.

Also 38,8m+ PSplus subs.
And more than 103m+ active monthly PS users (guess PS4 arnt just collecting dust, in most homes).

Do we have a date for that? December 31 or after?

Around the Network

First things first. Congrats VGC for an excellent tracking of PS4 sales.

Second. Like i've been saying for months PS4 was going to sell this year around 14'5M and it sold 14'4M (91'6M last year to 106'0M this year), so i was pretty spot on on that, again. If Sony doesn't annouce a price cut for PS4 during the year, PS4 is going to add another 10M this year (at least), reaching 116M lifetime. It seems is going to end around 120M when is all said and done.

1'15B games sold in total makes that PS4 have sold 274M games in 2019 (876M games sold were announced last year) which i found absolutely amazing and unprecedented. PS4 will sell another 250-300M in 2020, and it will put the total ahead of 1'4B games sold with a ratio of around 12 games or more per console, which it will be the best ratio ever for a console.

Pretty impressive numbers overall. Playstation remains the best place for console gaming and PS5 probably will outperform PS4 too. Good stuff.

This means, more than likely, 108M PS4's and 6M-7M PSVR's shipped.

Lowkey actually Sony are using VGChart as a source . LOL

trunkswd said:
HollyGamer said:
Lowkey actually Sony are using VGChart as a source . LOL

I mean if we are good enough for Guinness World Records, why not Sony? You know the company who can track their own sales.

I don't mind that actually , LOL