I'll give it a try although I'm not the best at predictions:

Switch: 20m
PS4 : 10m
XBO: 3.5m

PS5: 4.5m
XSX: 3.5m

Signature goes here!

Bofferbrauer2 said:

What are you expecting how much the consoles will sell this year?

Switch ~19m  (think its gonna be slightly down in 2019)
PS4 ~10m
XB1 ~3,5m

edit:

TruckOSaurus said:
I'll give it a try although I'm not the best at predictions:

Soon as I posted mine, I saw yours just above.
Hopefully your predictions are right on the money :) (then mine will be too)

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 06 January 2020

Switch 19M+/-2M
PS4 9M+/-2M
One 3M+/- 1M
PS5 4M+/-1M
XSX 4M+/-1M

PS4 - 10.5 million
XBO - 3.3 million

Switch: Too soon to say, we need to see what software releases this year other than Animal Crossing.
PS5/XSX: Predicting what these will do without knowing their price and having a proper reveal is a shot in dark.

Around the Network

Switch 19 million
PS4 11 million
XBO 3 million

Guessing PS5 and XSX sales right now is not too useful. Basically they will sell out if not someone really fucks it up.

Assuming they release around mid november 2020 and assuming they arent completely overpriced and assuming they dont have any expensive gimmick nobody wants and assuming they will get all the big 3rd multiplat launch titles and assuming ... and so on ...
But I guess PS5 will sell a bit better than XSX.

For current devices I'm going to give general predictions of +/- 10%. Switch depends on if they have any major hits outside of Animal Crossing and if they are aggressive with bundles/promotions during the holidays. PS4/XBO depends on if they get official price cuts this year.

NSW-20m
PS4-10m
XBO-3.5m

For PS5/XSX it depends on stock but I think they will supply more than they did for PS4/XBO for 2 reasons.

1. MS is going avoid the "teir 2" shenanigans and Sony isnt staggering the Japan launch so they will need a few 100k for these areas.

2. They want good PR about how they surpassed the PS4/XBO launch sales.

PS5-4.5m
XSX-3.5m

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

yo33331 said:
Radek said:

Everyone expecting PS4 to be below 10 millions LOL you are so wrong!

I agree with you..

Why everyone gives PS4 around 8M, what the ...

first of all PS4 is way better selling console than PS3, second november and december will see drops of PS4 purchases because of the PS5, yes, but not by that much that were in the PS3 2013's because the difference in the price will be bigger, and 3rd we have not yet seen price cut and super slim version in this period of time for PS4, like we saw in 2012 for the PS3. You are giving the XB1 low numbers too. I know it isn't selling well and new gen is coming but still, the last 2-3 years xbox on dropped around 1 to 2M every year not much, and now the numbers are small, so It will not go 3M down to just 2M total sales, that's ridiculous. Also the same as PS4 is true for the XB1 as well. Price cut! So my predictions are:

PS4 - 12M at worst (without price cut, no super slim, nothing) and 15M at best (with price cut 50-100$, super slim version)

XB1 - 3.5M at worst (without price cut - still a good decline from 4.8 to 3.5 I think is reasonable) and 5M at best (with price cut on both S and X)

Switch - 18M at worst, 25M at best.

PS5 and XBX should be selling better than PS4 and XB1 at launch but they probably will sell for 500 or 600$ that's why I am giving them around the same numbers so around 4M for PS5 and 3M for XBX

No way PS4 and XBO sell the same or even better in 2020 than in 2019. Not happening. And i'm pretty sure Sony won't give PS4 a price cut this year. They don't want consumers to buy the wrong console in 2020. Around 10M for PS4 is the most accurate forecast you should made. By then PS4 will be already at 116-117M units sold worldwide...., that's a lot. As for XBO...., XB sells the most during holidays. In 2020 XBO will be affected mostly by its sucessor. It will be really surprising if the console even reach 3M this year in total. It's the console that is going to notice more the last year of the gen.

No price cuts for both would avoid a decline from 2019 either.

For your last point. I don't think PS5 is going to launch at 500-600$ either. The most probable price is going to be 400$ again. And i will be surprised if Microsoft allows Sony again get the cheaper console at launch, so..., i won't be surprised that even if XBSX is more powerful, they price the console the same as PS5.

yo33331 said:
Radek said:

Everyone expecting PS4 to be below 10 millions LOL you are so wrong!

I agree with you..

Why everyone gives PS4 around 8M, what the ...

first of all PS4 is way better selling console than PS3, second november and december will see drops of PS4 purchases because of the PS5, yes, but not by that much that were in the PS3 2013's because the difference in the price will be bigger, and 3rd we have not yet seen price cut and super slim version in this period of time for PS4, like we saw in 2012 for the PS3. You are giving the XB1 low numbers too. I know it isn't selling well and new gen is coming but still, the last 2-3 years xbox on dropped around 1 to 2M every year not much, and now the numbers are small, so It will not go 3M down to just 2M total sales, that's ridiculous. Also the same as PS4 is true for the XB1 as well. Price cut! So my predictions are:

PS4 - 12M at worst (without price cut, no super slim, nothing) and 15M at best (with price cut 50-100$, super slim version)

XB1 - 3.5M at worst (without price cut - still a good decline from 4.8 to 3.5 I think is reasonable) and 5M at best (with price cut on both S and X)

Switch - 18M at worst, 25M at best.

PS5 and XBX should be selling better than PS4 and XB1 at launch but they probably will sell for 500 or 600$ that's why I am giving them around the same numbers so around 4M for PS5 and 3M for XBX

PS4 doing ~10m is based on trends.

2017-20.2m

2018-18.0m (almost 11% decline)

2019-14.2m (just over 21% decline)

2020-~10m (almost 30% decline)

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Switch 22m
PS4 10m
XB1 2.5m
PS5 4m
XBSeries 3m