By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Iranian General Killed by US Attack

SpokenTruth said:
CrazyGamer2017 said:

I don't have to tell you, it's just in the news right now, Iran is attacking US bases in Iraq. Looks like they did not go the cyber way as you predicted. But hey I'm the one who does not know what's going on, right?

Gee, Iran attacking the US, the US attacking Iran, seems we just missed eternal peace that was obviously there according to you before that Iranian general was killed...

You....you...do understand that was in retaliation, right?  As in an attack that would not have happened had we not killed their general.

And you can't read very well either.  I said, "It also appears you're not aware of one of Iran's most deadly capabilities....cyber attacks."  Where in that statement is specifically stated that Iran will only retaliate with cyber attacks?

So why did we kill their General?  You seem to be taking the stance that he was not involved with multiple terrorist militias? You act as if he was struck without provocation. 

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:
deskpro2k3 said:
This is Trump's fault. The good news is that in recent reports says no Americans were injured or killed, hopefully that was Iran's intentions. Lets just call this tit for tat and start deescalating this conflict.

Fat chance.

As much as I would love for that to happen, that stupid, ego maniacal, sensitive, utterly hopeless, psychopath is going to retaliate in an even bigger manner. Once that happens, it's full-on war.

Good call.

America... seriously guys, can't you be smarter ?

Last edited by Keiji - on 09 January 2020

barneystinson69 said:

Apparently a student who goes to the same HS I went to back in the day was on that plane... yikes. RIP to those who affected, and the Iranian gov can burn in hell (not like it didn't deserve it already) if it did something to that plane as retaliation (and it definitely looks like a real possibility so far).

And of course Canadians are in the cross-fire (again) of America's diplomatic strategy backfiring. 

I thought it was coincidence, then I heard they would not release the black boxes to Boeing and I wasn't so sure. Since then I've heard they have invited Ukraine and Canada to help investigate which brings me back to coincidence and mechanical failure.

deskpro2k3 said:
This is Trump's fault. The good news is that in recent reports says no Americans were injured or killed, hopefully that was Iran's intentions. Lets just call this tit for tat and start deescalating this conflict.

Diplomacy has literally never been Trump's strong suit. Bragging about his skills as a negotiator is something he's good at, but not backing up his claims with action.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
The_Yoda said:
barneystinson69 said:

Apparently a student who goes to the same HS I went to back in the day was on that plane... yikes. RIP to those who affected, and the Iranian gov can burn in hell (not like it didn't deserve it already) if it did something to that plane as retaliation (and it definitely looks like a real possibility so far).

And of course Canadians are in the cross-fire (again) of America's diplomatic strategy backfiring. 

I thought it was coincidence, then I heard they would not release the black boxes to Boeing and I wasn't so sure. Since then I've heard they have invited Ukraine and Canada to help investigate which brings me back to coincidence and mechanical failure.

Iran shot it down by mistake.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

SpokenTruth said:

Let me break down a few things here.

1). Soleimani was a bad guy.  A terrorist.  He was directly responsible for the deaths of many innocent civilians from many nations.

2). I do not mourn his death. I mourn for the innocent civilians who will likely die from escalations.

3). Diplomacy is always a better answer than war unless directly attacked in your homeland.

4). The authority to enact war is Constitutionally vested within Congress.

5). The planned assassination of a foreign military general and their expected presidential successor is an act of war.

6). WE are terrorists to them.

If you assume anything else after this, it's on you. 

1) Also American soldiers

2) But he’s already been either directly or indirectly responsible for the deaths of thousands. There would have been continued bloodshed if he was not killed. I’m not saying the assassination was 100% the right thing, bc it was a very complex situation, but leaving him alive to continue increasing his kill count sure as hell wasn't either. 

3) Based on who Soleimani was, I don’t see any world where diplomacy could have been achieved with him. Some people just want to watch the word burn.

4) Yes

5) Were not Soleimani’s killing of and injuring hundreds of American soldiers and firing at our tankers and other American-occupied structures also acts of war? Soleimani struck first. And second. And third. Etc. 

6. Watch the video I posted. I don’t believe that is true for the average Iranian civilian. After all, Soleimani has murdered thousands of his own Iranian people. Do you really think they hate us for killing him? Here’s the link for the video:  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1C888mSyD7s

Also, here’s a discussion on Yahoo finance that is very informative and brings a ton of context to this whole situation. Yahoo finance is my main source for news. They lean much more strongly to the anti-trump side, but I haven’t often seen them be aggressively biased, and non bias is all I want from a news source. 
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HhHH5x2q7qQ&t=323s

Last edited by pitzy272 - on 09 January 2020

Pyro as Bill said:
The_Yoda said:

Iran shot it down by mistake.

It is possible but seems pretty unlikely, anything to back that up?

SpokenTruth said:
The_Yoda said:

It is possible but seems pretty unlikely, anything to back that up?

The current story is that Iran had turned on their anti-aircraft batteries once tensions got high but either didn't factor in commercial aviation or misidentified it as an enemy bomber.  Radar and some recovery efforts have even identified the type of anti-aircraft battery system that was used.

Video also shows it was hit by a missile.  I won't link to it but it's viewable online.

Aw damn, thanks.  Been at work and hadn't heard this yet.  It just didn't make sense for them to knowingly down that plane.

BIG DADDY TRUMP GONNA SAVE THE WORLD BOIs