By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 28 December 2019 - Christmas Week

Congrats to Switch and Nintendo for their well deserved success. I am sure there is much more to come!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Are you guys sure that the XB1 is outselling the PS4 in the US atm?
Judgeing by the amazon threads, you wouldnt think so.

I pointed the same, because amazon still has the PS4 with a temporary price cut of $50 ($249.99), the system it’s been top 30 (on the best sellers) for the last couple of weeks. 

Possibly adjustments will be made. 

Switch passes 20 million in calendar 2019; 20.2 million to be exact.

Also more than double its nearest rival in total, and higher in any of the three regions than said rivals are in their strongest region.

RolStoppable said:
Good to see that Switch didn't pass 50m yet.

Why is that good to see in any way? I just don't get your negativity

Edit: Just realised the poster is RolStoppable so what can you expect

Last edited by Eagle367 - on 01 January 2020

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

curl-6 said:

Also more than double its nearest rival in total, and higher in any of the three regions than said rivals are in their strongest region.

So switch has now sold more this year than PS4 did in it's best year? Hopefully switch sells even more I'm 2020 and ends up somewhere around PS4 numbers at the very very least

Around the Network
Eagle367 said:
curl-6 said:

So switch has now sold more this year than PS4 did in it's best year? Hopefully switch sells even more I'm 2020 and ends up somewhere around PS4 numbers at the very very least

I'm not sure what PS4's peak calendar year is tbh. And we'll need to wait til April to find out Switch's Financial Year total, though I suspect it will also be over 20 million as the first three months of this year should (hopefully) be better than the first three months of 2019.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 02 January 2020

curl-6 said:
Eagle367 said:

I'm not sure what PS4's peak calendar year is tbh. And we'll need to wait til April to find out Switch's Financial Year total, though I suspect it will also be over 20 million as the first three months of this year should (hopefully) be better than the first three months of 2019.

PS4 peak year was 2017 with 20.2 million sold, which comes directly from Sony PR.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Xbox out sells PS4 in usa?
Why the large NS drop off but such a smaller drop off for XB and PS4?

loy310 said:
Why the large NS drop off but such a smaller drop off for XB and PS4?

It didnt

PS4-down ~33%

XBO-down ~41%

NSW-down ~37%

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
curl-6 said:

PS4 peak year was 2017 with 20.2 million sold, which comes directly from Sony PR.

That is financial year my friend. That goes from April 1st to march 31th. We'll know that one and I'm hoping it'll be bigger since 2020 first 3 months should be bigger than 2019 first three months.