By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:
jason1637 said:

Xbox Game Studios are studios owned by Xbox or 2nd party contracts. Microsoft can just have th Xbox Game Studios and Bethesda splash screen and that’s what I expect them to do. Xbox Games Studio are the publishers for all future Bethesda games, it’s like how Ryse has the Microsoft studios splash screen.

They aren't though, that has been confirmed, Xbox Game Studios isn't publishing for Bethesda.

“The key point is we’re still Bethesda,” Hines writes. “We’re still working on the same games we were yesterday, made by the same studios we’ve worked with for years, and those games will be published by us.”

“It allows us to make even better games going forward,” he writes. “Microsoft is an incredible partner and offers access to resources that will make us a better publisher and developer."

Bethesda Game Studios is a separate division to Xbox Game Studios (and Xbox Game Publishing is part of Xbox Game Studios), they have their own publishing house which will continue to exist, their structure is basically like Embracer Group + THQ Nordic + Deep Silver, Embracer Group is the owner but THQ Nordic and Deep Silver publish their own respective games.

This is basically how it will work.

So the only thing that will be displayed on Bethesda games is the Xbox logo, not Xbox Game Studios or "Published by Xbox"

I mean that info graphic does show Bethesda studios are first party Xbox studios and are still under the Xbox division. If they’re gonna publish their own games I still think we will see some type of Xbox footprint in the splash screen because they’re  still under Xbox.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Fucking Lol.

It hasn't even been confirmed to be exclusive yet and there's folk having meltdowns over on Era and this is a new IP, it has been obvious for months now it would be exclusive. The internet will meltdown when ES6 is confirmed, I feel like Microsoft should just say it straight up and get it out of the way, Elder Scrolls 6 and Starfield are exclusive to Xbox, so we don't have to deal with the complaining come future E3s.

But then as someone said, Microsoft likely loves this, folk are going to tune into their E3 only to see if Starfield is exclusive or not, Lmao.

I personally love the Meltdowns especially after all the years of abuse that Xbox fans have taken with the “Xbox has no games and no real exclusives talk”.

Its funny how some people feel entitled to someone else’s 7.5 billion dollar purchase.

Ryuu96 said:

Fucking Lol.

It hasn't even been confirmed to be exclusive yet and there's folk having meltdowns over on Era and this is a new IP, it has been obvious for months now it would be exclusive. The internet will meltdown when ES6 is confirmed, I feel like Microsoft should just say it straight up and get it out of the way, Elder Scrolls 6 and Starfield are exclusive to Xbox, so we don't have to deal with the complaining come future E3s.

But then as someone said, Microsoft likely loves this, folk are going to tune into their E3 only to see if Starfield is exclusive or not, Lmao.

There are already some very hot takes on the comments in the vgchartz article about this. 

At a certain point this whole "temper your expectations" crap isn't gonna fly anymore. MS can't have all these studios working on games, but then never have anything awesome to show us at E3. Obviously, every E3 isn't going to come with some shock and awe announcement, but I mean....when was the last time MS had one of those? And don't say the Bethesda purchase, cus that wasn't announced at E3.

What's the fun of a games showcase if I have to always go into it with the mindset of....meh...it'll probably be mediocre again...?

MS needs to actually deliver the goods. Show me some cool next gen games. Gameplay trailers/demos of cool next gen games. That is literally all I want. I don't care about them announcing 5 more projects I can play in 3-4 years. Show me what I can play in the next year or 2. Show me what quality of game I can expect from first party after all this new investment has gone into it. I'm not tempering shit. Show me something.

Angelus said:

At a certain point this whole "temper your expectations" crap isn't gonna fly anymore. MS can't have all these studios working on games, but then never have anything awesome to show us at E3. Obviously, every E3 isn't going to come with some shock and awe announcement, but I mean....when was the last time MS had one of those? And don't say the Bethesda purchase, cus that wasn't announced at E3.

What's the fun of a games showcase if I have to always go into it with the mindset of....meh...it'll probably be mediocre again...?

MS needs to actually deliver the goods. Show me some cool next gen games. Gameplay trailers/demos of cool next gen games. That is literally all I want. I don't care about them announcing 5 more projects I can play in 3-4 years. Show me what I can play in the next year or 2. Show me what quality of game I can expect from first party after all this new investment has gone into it. I'm not tempering shit. Show me something.

Agreed, it's been "temper your expectations" with Xbox since 2010. We've had a whole decade of, don't get your hopes too high, and some people seem to be fine with that apparently. 

Around the Network

It will be another big game pass advertisement, not expecting anything else.

Ryuu96 said:
InkIt said:

It will be another big game pass advertisement, not expecting anything else.

I mean, yeah? Lol. These events are marketing events, Lol.

Missed the whole point of what I wrote. 

I mean they they will focus on games that are hitting game pass, on other years there were plenty 3rd party games that didn't. 

Ryuu96 said:

Speaking of Hellblade II, Miles from WC Podcast (again) said that from what he has heard, the scope of Hellblade II will be massive compared to Hellblade I in terms of production, environment, combat, etc.

He said that "if we're lucky" we will get it in Fall 2022 in a perfect world, he reiterated not to expect it anytime soon and he made a joke that it's not soon TM, it's not even Blizzard soon.

https://youtu.be/p0MfSLExK_Y?t=3520

Damn, I really hope he is correct about this because I find it kinda shitty when insiders overhype something and put these massive expectations on developers, I was honestly only expecting Hellblade II to be Hellblade I but a bit more open and with better combat.

Hellblade II definitely won't be at this E3 then I'm assuming, it could even be the game that Ed is talking about, hopefully that leaves Avowed still on the cards, I honestly care more about seeing Avowed in action than Hellblade.

Not surprised that Hellblade 2 will be bigger in scope than the first game, with Melina showing that she was doing combat training with Sword and Shield and Rahni Tucker joining the team it shows that Combat will be deeper than first and the trailer and location suggests an open world. 

Hellblade 2 very likely will be a full AAA release.

jason1637 said:

Not everything needs the “Original” tag. I think the Xbox Game Studios tag that shows up before a game launches is just fine.

Agree with you on this one. Not sure why some additional branding is needed for in-house game development. Whenever XGS game comes out, everyone will know that it's a game from Xbox Studio anyway. No need to add some additional branding to it. And just as a side note, I think Microsoft should have changed their studios name to just Xbox Studios instead of Xbox Game Studios. The days of MS throwing all entertainment media under Xbox brand are long gone. So, don't need to explicitly say Games. It's clear that Xbox is a gaming brand anyway.

Ryuu96 said:

Shpeshal Ed said those dreaded words "temper your expectations" for Xbox E3. It's happening again, I'm pretty sure every year we go back and forth between overhype and "temper your expectations" for every E3 from the insiders

That's why I'm not gonna do a bingo card until MS announces their plans for E3. I'm expecting a lot of disappointment in the coming weeks among Xbox fans, because I truly not expect a full-blown showcase at E3 at this point, like it was in the past. I think E3 will be a small showcase with a big one coming later this year, around September, October, who knows. I doubt E3 will be the biggest Xbox event this year.

Changing Xbox Games Studios to Xbox Studios doesn't work, when it comes down to it people call it by the first letter of each word.

So it goes XGS, which sounds fine.. now XS reads Xbox series, doesn't work at all.