By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Looks like Ninja Theory about to get a massive influx of staff with the 25 less open positions they were recruiting for last time. They finished building the new studio yet?

Around the Network

MCC gets more new content but Halo 5 is the newest Halo :/

Ryuu96 said:

Too early for E3 hype.

He better clarify more at this weeks podcast.

Ryuu96 said:

But the biggest piece of evidence I have that Abandoned is not a Kojima joint is that Kojima is in talks with Microsoft about publishing his next game, according to a source familiar with the matter. And yes, that statue on Phil Spencer’s shelf was referencing a potential deal with the legendary developer. I cannot confirm if Xbox closed the deal yet, but my understanding is that Kojima is the focus of a Microsoft plan to leverage Japanese talent.

Well I guess we know what Jez was talking about the last few days.

zero129 said:
shikamaru317 said:

That’s likely because they are building Infinite multiplayer for the modern Halo MP fans, the people who liked 5’s multiplayer with sprint and clamber and warzone and such. They are keeping MCC around and updated for the classic fans who refuse to play modern Halo multiplayer.

Personal i feel like they need to find a way to bring both together. Splitting your fan base is never a good thing.

I agree. I haven’t consistently played Halo 5 since 2018 because they basically dropped the game and focused on bringing updates to the MCC an older Halo game. 343i left the Halo 5 community out to die.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

It's impossible to bring the Halo fanbase together, Lol. Halo Infinite having Sprint basically kills any chance of that already, Halo 5 isn't supported anymore cause Halo Infinite will take its fanbase, MCC will remain for the more old school fans who don't like the modern Halo and Tbh probably at this point won't ever like the modern Halo, that's fine, there's a market for everyone.

The thing is 5 hasn’t been consistently supported since 2018 that’s 2 years before Infinite was expected to originally come out. I remember Gears 4 have support until Gears 5 came out. 343i simply chose to support MCC collection and abandoned Halo 5. No excuse to not support the current mainline game years before the new one it’s planned to launch.

Ryuu96 said:
jason1637 said:

The thing is 5 hasn’t been consistently supported since 2018 that’s 2 years before Infinite was expected to originally come out. I remember Gears 4 have support until Gears 5 came out. 343i simply chose to support MCC collection and abandoned Halo 5. No excuse to not support the current mainline game years before the new one it’s planned to launch.

Eh, The Coalition has a lot less on their plate than 343 does.

And low-key, this is the same studio that seemingly can't even port Halo Wars 2 to Steam Publishing side was fully focused on fixing MCC and then content updates for that, main team was fully focused on moving over to Infinite and a updated engine, they probably simply don't have the resources to focus on MCC, Halo 5, Halo Infinite.

And given Halo 5's launch, I don't want to take any chances, I don't want Halo Infinite to launch with missing content/lack of content at launch like Halo 5 did so if it has to die then so be it.

I want Infinite to be great as much as the next guy but I prefer Halo 5 Multiplayer than anything on MCC besides maybe Reach but even sometimes that’s too slow for more liking. 
For fans that like the faster multiplayer there’s been nothing new to play for years. Yeah it’s great they’re putting a lot of effort into a new game but we live in a era where if you release a game with MP you’re expected to support it until the next one comes out.

Ive literally not played anything Halo in like 2 years and that’s because 343i abandoned a large portion of the Halo fanbase.

Also MS should acquire Kohima Productions. The dude obviously loves to make risky creative games and gamepass is perfect for him so he doesn’t have worry about low player see due to a $60/$70 entry fee.

Ryuu96 said:

Yeah, heard the same.

-

Tbh I think the deal is done, otherwise Phil wouldn't tease it on his shelf.

Kind of funny, Sony 'gets' Remedy and Xbox 'gets' Kojima, we've done a swap...Remedy used to focus on Xbox, now working on a Playstation exclusive, Kojima used to focus on Playstation, now working on a Xbox exclusive, Lol, both love using real life actors too with a cinematic focus.

Just hope Kojima doesn't ask for some ridiculous budget, dude needs to chill on the real life actors, nobody cares. Death Stranding would have sold around the same with or without Norman Reedus, Mads, Del Toro, etc.

But Microsoft right now feels like they're in a "don't give a shit" mode with their cash, from splashing it on Game Pass deals to all the acquisitions to the rumours of huge budgeted titles, even from studios who have never done an AAA like InXile, Lol. Microsoft is just tossing cash around.

I think it'll be more interesting to see if Kojima is respected that much in Japan that if he praises about how good working with Microsoft is, it can convince other Japanese developers to come onboard because Xbox has kind of treated Japan crap in recent history. Two prong attack of Mikami and Kojima, Mikami is cooler dou. Don't particularly care for Kojima or his games but everyone loses their shit over him, especially in the media, so it'll be a bit of a marketing win too...

That's not funny. I wanna swap back

Remedy is still working on the single player campaign for Crossfire X which is supposed to launch this year on Xbox.