By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Shaunodon said:

Well the last thing I'll say is my concerns really aren't about console wars, and mostly about the future of Halo.

I do have many more thoughts, but I don't wanna keep bringing the mood of this thread down. Overall I'm at least pretty excited about Halo Infinite, and the future of Xbox in general. We'll just have to see how things play out.

Overall if we had to really nail down the graphical areas of improvement it’s character models and imo the grass (looked blurry sometimes). The vistas and atmosphere are fine with me. Feel like putting more effort in enemy textures shouldn’t be TOO demanding a task. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Yeah, Digital Foundry made a point about how Coalition would've been the perfect devs to have a showcase title for next-gen.

Also I voted Avowed, but looking at that tweet, Everwild just looks so beautiful. Easily had my favourite trailer. I want to know more about the gameplay and it's killing me. The biggest cock-tease of the event.

(Fable looks sweet too, but it's being developed by Playground who are British and super-talented, so I've already assumed it's a homerun.)

As much as I’m looking forward to Halo I voted Avowed. I’m amazed this game isn’t blowing up the gaming sites. A exclusive, action RPG with proper time and funding only MS can provide.

A Skyrim and LOTR vibe....I couldn’t contain my excitement during the stream.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Completely hooked on Gears 5 versus now. They did turn this mess around. Now some further adjustments and it's worthy of full "of War" title. Chainsaw from RB to B and stuff like that.

Loving it.

Just putting this back on my Buddy.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
Raven said:

BACK?! IT WAS NEVER ON YOUR BUDDY!

It was in spirit, I had the original Xbox Empire on my buddy after all. Doesn't that count for anything?

^^^ Shikamaru 

I think the story will work itself out. The major complaint since Halo 4 was the the lore is too heavy for the average fan to grasp (ugh). We will go into this game and be drip fed what happened and if we know the lore we will know everything on a deeper level. It’s not ideal for a lore junkie like myself, but overall they are listening to feedback to dial back on Created/promeathean and more of an organic faction like the Banished.

And I’ll say Brutes have their own races, just like we have different jackal races. We have the furry brutes and we have the clean shaved ones. Not sure if it’s natural or they purposely shave but I’d like to think there’s a difference within the race.

KiigelHeart said:
Completely hooked on Gears 5 versus now. They did turn this mess around. Now some further adjustments and it's worthy of full "of War" title. Chainsaw from RB to B and stuff like that.

Loving it.

I'm more interested in your thoughts about AC Unity after all of us praised it so much.

Btw. I saw you got the achievement for renovating the Café Théâtre. Congrats, that one glitched on me >.>

Raven said:

Does this mean you forgive Phil for lying? 

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

I want them to get rid of Clamber, especially with Grapple Hook being in but I can deal with it. I'm a bit baffled by Sprint a little in Campaign, like, it looks so slow now that there's no point even having it, seems like 343 made a compromise for the no-Sprint crowd and it should mean tighter maps in Multiplayer but in Campaign it might make it feel a little slow.

But clamber is necessary even with grappling hook. Say you want to get Chief on top of a building, your grappling hook can't get you on top of that building without clamber, because you can't hook the top of the building as you don't have the angle for it. However, if you aim your hook near the top of the side wall of the building, clamber then allows you to grab the top of the wall and vault your way on top of the building.

Also, there is no way grappling hook is making it into multiplayer imo, that would be super hard to balance, can you imagine the complains about people grappling away to safety just before you kill them with a BR and such? Clamber is definitely needed for the MP.

They confirmed grapple is in MP, but strictly as a equipment pickup with cool down