By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shikamaru317 said:

As you can see above, we are quickly approaching the end of the cross-gen period, especially on Xbox (PS4 is getting more releases than XB1 due to it's higher specs and larger install base). 2023 right now is about 60/40 on games that are cross-gen and current gen on Xbox, while 2024 is almost all current gen games right now (Yakuza 8 is currently the only known 2024 game that will be cross-gen).

You can probably add the next Elder Scrolls in the TBA list :) Or is it to far for you? 

Around the Network
Imaginedvl said:
shikamaru317 said:

As you can see above, we are quickly approaching the end of the cross-gen period, especially on Xbox (PS4 is getting more releases than XB1 due to it's higher specs and larger install base). 2023 right now is about 60/40 on games that are cross-gen and current gen on Xbox, while 2024 is almost all current gen games right now (Yakuza 8 is currently the only known 2024 game that will be cross-gen).

You can probably add the next Elder Scrolls in the TBA list :) Or is it to far for you? 

As I mentioned in the parenthesis, the TBA list is only games that included platforms in the announcement. Elder Scrolls 6 was announced in 2018 before we even knew the name Xbox Series, so it technically hasn't been announced for Xbox Series yet, ironically. But yeah, it will obviously be on PC/Xbox Series only, unless it takes so long to develop that it moves into the cross-gen period for next-generation, with a release in say 2028 on both Xbox Series and Xbox Series 2 or whatever Xbox ends up naming it. Let us hope that doesn't happen, I'm really hoping for a 2025 release on TES 6, 2026 at the latest.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 06 October 2022

shikamaru317 said:
Imaginedvl said:

As I mentioned in the parenthesis, the TBA list is only games that included platforms in the announcement. Elder Scrolls 6 was announced in 2018 before we even knew the name Xbox Series, so it technically hasn't been announced for Xbox Series yet, ironically. But yeah, it will obviously be on PC/Xbox Series only, unless it takes so long to develop that it moves into the cross-gen period for next-generation, with a release in say 2028 on both Xbox Series and Xbox Series 2 or whatever Xbox ends up naming it. Let us hope that doesn't happen, I'm really hoping for a 2025 release on TES 6, 2026 at the latest.

Oh It thought they said at some point after that it will be next gens only. I did not think about the "next" gen after that tho :) Who knows...

shikamaru317 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Good lord, Overwatch 2 is having ANOTHER DDoS attack! Along with a myriad of other issues to just get into the game.

Everything Blizzard touches continues to be poison! They stray further and further away from the game company I grew up loving.

I just learned that the stupid phone number requirement to play which I previously complained about doesn't allow prepaid phones, which has tons of people pissed off, as most poorer folks in the US as well as huge swaths of certain other countries are on prepaid phones, leaving them totally unable to play currently. On the plus side, Blizzard did announce they are dropping the phone number requirement for existing Battle.net accounts starting on Friday, though new players will still be required to give and verify a non prepaid phone number to play it seems. 

Xbox has their work cut out for them whipping Activision-Blizzard into shape after the acquisition closes, they are a total mess right now.

It seems Overwatch's 2 progression system and microtransactions at launch is worse than Halo Infinite's was it's amazing. When Overwatch launched in 2016, it was a near flawless launch!  

gtotheunit91 said:
shikamaru317 said:

I just learned that the stupid phone number requirement to play which I previously complained about doesn't allow prepaid phones, which has tons of people pissed off, as most poorer folks in the US as well as huge swaths of certain other countries are on prepaid phones, leaving them totally unable to play currently. On the plus side, Blizzard did announce they are dropping the phone number requirement for existing Battle.net accounts starting on Friday, though new players will still be required to give and verify a non prepaid phone number to play it seems. 

Xbox has their work cut out for them whipping Activision-Blizzard into shape after the acquisition closes, they are a total mess right now.

It seems Overwatch's 2 progression system and microtransactions at launch is worse than Halo Infinite's was it's amazing. When Overwatch launched in 2016, it was a near flawless launch!  

Yeah, it's crazy, Blizzard went from winning GOTY in 2016 on Overwatch 1, to a total disaster on launch with Overwatch 2. Metacritic score is currently a whole 10 points lower than the first game, while the user scores are truly awful, on Metacritic they range between 1.2/10 and 2.4/10 depending on platform, while I saw it only has 1.5 stars on the Xbox Store last night. 

Xbox sure is acquiring a mess of a publisher with Activision-Blizzard, going to take years to rebuild them into something that doesn't suck. 

Around the Network

Blizzard said that SMS Connect would be removed for existing Battle.net accounts today, and they already released the update for today, but just tried to play Overwatch 2 and it is still asking for my phone number. Hurry the f* up Blizzard!

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 07 October 2022

Yeah we're not seeing Indiana Jones for at least another couple of years lol. Wolfenstein 3 has to be pretty close to being finished. Otherwise, that leaves a bit of gap of the release of Youngblood and Cyberpilot to when Indiana Jones started development. 

Idk how I missed this, but High on Life is getting some GREAT coverage!

gtotheunit91 said:

Yeah we're not seeing Indiana Jones for at least another couple of years lol. Wolfenstein 3 has to be pretty close to being finished. Otherwise, that leaves a bit of gap of the release of Youngblood and Cyberpilot to when Indiana Jones started development. 

Yeah, Wolfenstein 2 released in October 2017 and only a small part of MachineGames worked on Wolfenstein Youngblood and Wolenstein Cyberpilot (since they were co-development with Arkane Lyon) which both released July 2019. If Indiana Jones didn't begin development until April 2020, then there is a 9 month gap there between Wolfenstein Youngblood/Cyberpilot and when Indiana Jones development began. Surely a small team at Machine started on Wolfenstein 3 shortly after Wolfenstein 2 released, while 2 other small teams at Machine were continuing to work with Arkane Lyon on Youngblood and Cyberpilot (both of which would have already been in development before Wolfenstein 2 released most likely). So a team at Machine should have been working on Wolfenstein 3 from November 2017 until at least April 2020 when Indiana Jones development began. Worst case scenario, Wolfenstein 3 development didn't begin until after Wolfenstein Youngblood released July 2019, but even then it should still have 3 years of development already. 

The question is, was Wolfenstein 3 development postponed in favor of Indiana Jones, or is Wolfenstein 3 still in development since 2017? Let us hope and pray it is the latter, 2023 could really use yet another exclusive for Xbox, especially given the very real possibility that games like Avowed, Fable, and Hellblade 2 might not be ready yet in 2023, 2023 will be a bit lackluster if it's just Redfall, Starfield, Forza Motorsport, and Contraband. After the total drought year that was 2022, Xbox really needs to come out strong in 2023 with a killer line-up.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 07 October 2022

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.