By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - Game Pass Surpasses 18m Subscribers

shikamaru317 said:
InkIt said:

Woudn't that leave the controller with a weird feeling tho? I've seen that tech used on used controllers to ''clean'' them and feels off.

Dunno, but it's bound to feel better than the current texture. 

Sucks that it bothers you that much, but wouldn't it make more sense to just keep using your Xbox One controller for the time being? I mean sure, you lose the share button, and it's got a bit more latency, but it's hardly the end of the world. I'm sure we'll see different versions of the new controllers on the market in due time, they probably won't all have that texture you can't cope with. Maybe just sell this one, get a little extra cash in your pocket, and wait for a controller that suits you. 

Around the Network
Angelus said:
shikamaru317 said:

Dunno, but it's bound to feel better than the current texture. 

Sucks that it bothers you that much, but wouldn't it make more sense to just keep using your Xbox One controller for the time being? I mean sure, you lose the share button, and it's got a bit more latency, but it's hardly the end of the world. I'm sure we'll see different versions of the new controllers on the market in due time, they probably won't all have that texture you can't cope with. Maybe just sell this one, get a little extra cash in your pocket, and wait for a controller that suits you. 

I would do that, but I'm planning on giving my Xbox One to my sister for Christmas, so I can't really keep the controller. Also, it has other issues like a charging port that won't work anymore and sticky triggers, so I'd rather not give her the XSX one and keep using the XB1 one. 

For the time being I'll probably just stick with using the XSX controller as is instead of trying to sand it. I will definitely be on the lookout for later XSX model controllers that hopefully don't have the textured grip. Hoping some of the limited edition controllers won't have it, like the inevitable Halo controller. 

Played some FH4 on XSX. What a massive improvement that is. The menus are downright sluggish on my base XB1, but they are smooth as butter on XSX. The load times are massively improved, fast travel is like 3 seconds now, was 10+ on my base XB1. Graphical improvements are quite noticeable as well. Playing FH4 on XSX has me hyped for FH5, please be 2021 and set in Japan or Argentina

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 25 November 2020

shikamaru317 said:
Angelus said:

I would do that, but I'm planning on giving my Xbox One to my sister for Christmas, so I can't really keep the controller. Also, it has other issues like a charging port that won't work anymore and sticky triggers, so I'd rather not give her the XSX one and keep using the XB1 one. 

For the time being I'll probably just stick with using the XSX controller as is instead of trying to sand it. I will definitely be on the lookout for later XSX model controllers that hopefully don't have the textured grip. Hoping some of the limited edition controllers won't have it, like the inevitable Halo controller. 

Too bad you don't like the textured grip. They are not great, but I consider it an step up anyways. 

Not sure if I prefer the new controller honestly.
The textured grip is definitely an improvement IMO and the dpad feels more responsive as well.
However I'm not sure if I like the smaller size of the controller and the triggers (and I have tiny hands for a man) .
In general I hate a matte look on anything. Just looks dirty and cheap and it's no different here.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Played some FH4 on XSX. What a massive improvement that is. The menus are downright sluggish on my base XB1, but they are smooth as butter on XSX. The load times are massively improved, fast travel is like 3 seconds now, was 10+ on my base XB1. Graphical improvements are quite noticeable as well. Playing FH4 on XSX has me hyped for FH5, please be 2021 and set in Japan or Argentina

That's one game that I need to play again. And yes Japan, or somewhere in South America would be great. Sucks to hear about the texture issue on your controller, I wonder how many people that affects. Hoping they make one that doesn't have that for you because the d pad and share button are great additions. 

Undisputed Gamer BAY BAY 

All of these comparisons show that the Xbox Series X isn’t outperforming the PS5 in most scenarios, and it’s often Sony’s console taking the lead. Some of these differences could be down to bugs, but I’ve been speaking to developers (who wish to remain anonymous) about the Xbox Series X development environment and it’s clear things are a little complicated.

Microsoft only allowed developers to submit games for Xbox Series X certification in June, after delivering an update to its Game Developers Kit (GDK). That followed the company’s rather tight schedule for dev kit allocations, all while I’ve been consistently hearing that many developers had access to PS5 dev kits far in advance of Xbox versions.

It always takes time for developers to get used to the new software and tools involved in creating games for next-gen consoles. One developer tells me Microsoft’s switch to the GDK has been troublesome for basic things like user profile switching or gamepad linking.

Microsoft has spent years improving its tooling situation since the Xbox One, which was a messy launch period for developers. Still, I consistently hear that Sony’s tools are superior, even in the basics of providing more clear documentation for developers to follow.

These performance gaps, weird bugs, and differences between the Xbox Series X and PS5 versions of games look like issues related to the games rather than a platform problem for the Xbox. If Microsoft delivered dev kits and tools far later than Sony, then it could take creators more time to optimize further for Xbox. It may also explain why we didn’t see a lot of Xbox Series X gameplay in the months ahead of launch, but Sony was happy to regularly deliver PS5 gameplay.

Expect to see a lot of game patches either way. Codemasters is fixing up Dirt 5, and I understand Ubisoft is working on an Assassin’s Creed Valhalla patch for the Xbox Series X to improve gameplay. Microsoft is also working with developers to resolve issues and has acknowledged the comparison videos in a statement to The Verge.

https://www.theverge.com/21718936/xbox-series-x-ps5-performance-game-comparison

Yeah I haven’t been giving a shit about the comparisons... we all know what is going to happen once the tools catch up. Then the narrative will shift. You already see it in the CoD thread, once XSX games start winning these things then it will just be that DF is so biased. I wonder what MS said in the statement, I’ll check it out.

The sooner they get up to speed the better, starting Q2 there are some AAA coming out.

I don't really care about the comparisons, it's temporary, I just hope they'll fix the tools before Halo Infinite, development needs to be as smooth as possible for that.