By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
ironmanDX said:
Machiavellian said:

The thing is, there is nothing new about Sony new service.  Its still PS Now, all that it does as far as doing anything different is include PS Plus.  Sony could have spent more money for PS Now at any time during its inception even when MS came out with GP so I am not sure where this rumor is going around that suddenly Sony new PS Now Plus is going to do more.  Sony cannot outspend MS so that would never be a worry instead its just more money for Devs if Sony got a bit serious.  Either way, without day one releases, its still up in the air how good just adding Plus to PS Now will be.

Ok whatever you guys pass around in modchat, give me a hit.

just asking what did you see that is new with Sony service.  I am a Plus sub but I have not seen any real reason to get PS Now.  Still do not see a reason to get the mid tier after I saw the announcement since there was no interest for me getting now.  The high tier definitely not interested as I do not want older PS games or streaming of PS3.  I am sure there are people who want it but PS Now already did this.

Around the Network

Game Pass the first 4 month in 2021 was excellent. March being the standout month with the insane Bethesda drop and the 2nd half being amazing too. March was really the month that Game Pass delivered way beyond expectations and in comparison, will likely win out any other March drops going forward. So far in 2022, Jan, March, and the first half of April have been great. February for me was the only weak month, but that's mainly due to the console half, otherwise Warhammer 3 was an excellent day 1 release for PC.

Game Pass has been pretty solid imo. Life is Strange is a nice addition and I just downloaded Crusader Kings, Weird West and Tunic.

It's just that I always end up spending my gaming time playing Tropico :P

Machiavellian said:
ironmanDX said:

Ok whatever you guys pass around in modchat, give me a hit.

just asking what did you see that is new with Sony service.  I am a Plus sub but I have not seen any real reason to get PS Now.  Still do not see a reason to get the mid tier after I saw the announcement since there was no interest for me getting now.  The high tier definitely not interested as I do not want older PS games or streaming of PS3.  I am sure there are people who want it but PS Now already did this.

It's decent I suppose as far as value goes especially if you intend on using the BC. 

With seemingly no first party day one releases though I'd put it's value below Gamepass dollar for dollar. 

I'd probably just pop in for a month here and there but most Sony titles don't really interest me as much as xbox. I'd can't really make a proper evaluation until more information about it comes out. 

ironmanDX said:
Machiavellian said:

It's decent I suppose as far as value goes especially if you intend on using the BC. 

With seemingly no first party day one releases though I'd put it's value below Gamepass dollar for dollar. 

I'd probably just pop in for a month here and there but most Sony titles don't really interest me as much as xbox. I'd can't really make a proper evaluation until more information about it comes out. 

I got salty that Sony took the Nintendo approach of BC though lol. I'm going to stick with the first party releases that interest me the most outright. I barely got my PS5 a couple of weeks ago and just platinumed Spider-Man Remastered and working on Miles Morales now. After that, maybe Ratchet and Clank. GoW Ragnarok for sure!

Also, I was even more shocked that Sony and Nintendo had the same approach to cloud saves! I was unaware you needed PS Plus for save backups lol. I'm so used to Xbox and PC.

Around the Network

Idk why, but I barely saw the VASCO video now that it's on Bethesda's youtube channel. VASCAO reminds me a lot of SAM from Outer Worlds. Although SAM was definitely a military grade android whereas VASCO at most is defensive. SAM was super op though and always was one of my companions lol

I can't wait to see how VASCO is utilized in the game! 

Last Spartan Standing can be seen in Infinite's offline mode and appears to be a cross between Gun Game and FFA on BTB maps. About as close to Battle Royale as we'll get for now with a 24 player FFA lol

Halo Infinite Leaks & News on Twitter: "Description of the new game mode "Last Spartan Standing". #HaloInfinite https://t.co/5SSq3v10Wy" / Twitter

trunkswd said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Last Spartan Standing can be seen in Infinite's offline mode and appears to be a cross between Gun Game and FFA on BTB maps. About as close to Battle Royale as we'll get for now with a 24 player FFA lol

Halo Infinite Leaks & News on Twitter: "Description of the new game mode "Last Spartan Standing". #HaloInfinite https://t.co/5SSq3v10Wy" / Twitter

That does sound interesting and different enough from the current modes available. I wonder if there will be a team version of this with teams of say 2 or 4 players. It could be fun to play with friends.

I just saw Mint Blitz's video on this topic and apparently, it's leaked that there's a shotty/snipers Last Spartan Standing for arena! 

You can check it out at the 2:32 mark on the video

ironmanDX said:
Machiavellian said:

My thing with the new service is how long until their first party games make it to the service.  One year would be great, 2 years and its basically PS Now with no big change.  Will Sony actually put in more money for day one 3rd party release, we will see.  They could have done that a long time ago.  Right now, it appears that Sony is trying to improve subs for Now by adding Plus, this may work but it will depend on the games offered.

Machiavellian said:
ironmanDX said:

My thing with the new service is how long until their first party games make it to the service.  One year would be great, 2 years and its basically PS Now with no big change.  Will Sony actually put in more money for day one 3rd party release, we will see.  They could have done that a long time ago.  Right now, it appears that Sony is trying to improve subs for Now by adding Plus, this may work but it will depend on the games offered.

Returnal will be just over a year old by the time the service releases, but I have a feeling it'll be closer to 2 years for most first party games. Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart will be exactly a year old by that time, but that hasn't been announced as coming to the service. Unless Sony surprises us with a bomb like that out of nowhere.

Even then, waiting just a year may cause a lot of potential purchasers of Sony games to think "why buy it for $70 now when I can just wait a year?"