By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
NobleTeam360 said:

I've actually said this a few times myself. Halo Infinite as a live service game is not good. Hope 343 gets a wrangle on content output, it's been slow going so far. 

It really would not have mattered.  If Halo MP was not separate we still would see the same complaints.  Their output would not be any faster and new content would not be any faster because they are not that huge of a team.  The other companies had years to get to where they are at, it probably will be the same for 343.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Machiavellian said:

That is the problem with the new COD fan base.  After a month they want something new, some new trinket.  343 is not the size of COD so they were never going to pump out content on such a regular tight schedule that take 9 studios or 1K developers to produce.  In the end does it really matter.  If you enjoy playing the game then play it for the enjoyment instead of crying that they are not producing content fast enough for you.  If that is the case, probably best to go to COD, Destiny, Fortnite etc.

I think the CoD fans who decided to try Halo Infinite since it was F2P mainly left within the first month or two, which isn't surprising, the game was never designed for them. The problem is that they are losing core Halo fans now thanks to their post-launch which prioritizes microtransaction cosmetics over actual content of significance, each season has like 100+ different paid cosmetics (some of them with very high pricing), and yet season 1 had only a few new modes, no new maps, no new weapons, and no new vehicles. Meanwhile, they have announced that season 2 will only have 2 new maps (no info yet about how many new modes, vehicles, or weapons we might expect to see). 

Halo fans are used to much faster map releases than this, season 2 will end 9 months after launch with only 2 new maps added since launch. By 9 months after launch, Halo 2 had 9 new maps, Halo 3 had 7 new maps, Halo Reach had 6 new maps, Halo 4 had 9 new maps, and Halo 5 had 9 new built from the ground up maps (plus several forge built DLC maps). Halo fans simply aren't used to map releases this slow, and when they also see 343 releasing like 100+ new paid cosmetics each season, they start to become annoyed with the the fact that 343 is understaffed and focusing on paid cosmetics over content of substance. 

Yeah, that happened with a group of my friends that decided to try Infinite after I convinced them to give it a shot. These guys are late teens with a couple in early 20s and had never played a Halo game before and only played Modern Warfare and Warzone with some Apex Legends thrown in there. They looooooooved Infinite at launch! They were shocked at how refreshing the gameplay was. They loved the idea of controlling the map, knowing where weapons spawned, and they got really good. Then......after a month, they asked me when more maps and modes were releasing, which of course I didn't have an answer. After the 2nd month, all of them were gone and had gone back to CoD and Apex. None of them are interested in campaigns and only play multiplayer. So the slow pace 343 is putting out content has lost a lot of players that they could've kept from other multiplayer franchises.

They were shocked that only 2 maps were coming 6 months after launch and they weren't interested lol. At least a few of them said they'll check Infinite out again later this year when there's just a lot more content, but talk about goodwill lost so quickly lol.

Idk why but i feel like a new Warhammer game is always releasing.

jason1637 said:

Idk why but i feel like a new Warhammer game is always releasing.

Lol the Warhammer caretakers, Games Workshop, is constantly licensing out the IP, to which, there's several sub categories of Warhammer like Warhammer Fantasy, Age of Signar, and Warhammer 40,000.

So there's different developers making games from different genres from different sub categories of Warhammer lol. It definitely starts to add up.

I thought MachineGames only used ID Tech for their games?

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

I thought MachineGames only used ID Tech for their games?

He says it's just personal work.

But Tango has moved to Unreal Engine despite previously having their own internal engine, I don't think it's out of the question that we'll see more studios move towards Unreal Engine.

I do wonder how the reportedly lack of manpower will affect studios with their own internal engines too, I'm seeing a lot of talk lately from those in the industry that there's a lot of jobs but not enough workforce and a lack of talent, having your own internal engine does make things more difficult when it comes to hiring and then getting workers up to speed with your engine, we've seen CDPR make that decision to ditch their engine in favour of Unreal Engine.

I think where it makes sense we're going to see more studios switch to Unreal Engine.

That's a damn shame too because id Tech for decades has been one of the absolute best gaming engines out there! In the late 90s into the 2000s, all you ever heard was id Tech and Unreal Engine. Mainly due to the rivalry between Quake and Unreal Tournament. Of course, nowadays there's no way to know how developer friendly id Tech it is compared to Unreal Engine, but when it comes to quality of games that use id Tech, it's insane! 

I wonder if it has to do with the engine being not as friendly when it comes to different genres of games? Because so far with id Tech 7, the latest iteration of the engine, the only game that has utilized it is Doom Eternal and it's primarily always been a FPS engine.

Even Phil Spencer in that roundtable with Bethesda was excited about the prospects of utilizing id Tech in other XGS games. 

Great news!

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

Sad to hear about the poor workplace conditions at Undead. Atleast the article mentions that the studios culture has been changing as of late which is promising.

kenjab said:

Great news!

Wonder if they’re gonna drop the game share feature then to implement this. 

Fingers crossed for that May show.