By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Nice, welcome to the empire.

First xbox or upgrading?

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:

Nice, welcome to the empire.

First xbox or upgrading?

Thanks. :)

It's the first Xbox console I've ever had since my younger brother got the original one. My brother and I enjoyed it a lot!

ironmanDX said:

Ah crap... I'm heading into the quarry now. Those friken rats with the dynamite.. One has always gotten away in the few attempts I've had going in.

That sniper on the tower you can avoid easily.

The "poison" tower tho... Yeah. If you can get past quick enough, cool.

There is a particular item that really make the Quarry not that hard.  You just snatch them from where they are and all is good.  I enjoyed Tunic enough but there were definitely a lot of fustrating things in the game.  While finding the guide is fun, having to decipher the clues I just do not have a lot of time for.

Ghostwire Tokyo scores are all over the place. A lot of positive scores and some really high marks, but there is almost as many mixed reviews too. For me, this is the perfect Game Pass title because I don't think I would pay full price, but I will definitely check it out on Game Pass when it releases.

shikamaru317 said:

Review embargo dropped on Ghostwire Tokyo. Currently sitting at 75 on metacritic. Not bad, but not great either, current average is 2 points higher than Evil Within 1, but 5 points lower than Evil Within 2.

What are the more critical reviews of the game pointing out?

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

What are the more critical reviews of the game pointing out?

Main complaints I have seen:

• Outdated open world design that feels like an Ubisoft game from 7 or 8 years ago, complete with a radio tower like mechanic and lots of repetitive open world activities
  • Overly simplistic combat that becomes repetitive long before you finish the game
  • Not enough enemy variety
  • Lackluster story

But some of the higher reviews praise some of the above, particularly the story and combat.

Oof, that first complaint just lost me ngl lol. That Ubisoft open world design I've continued to grow more and more hate towards as time goes on. I was interested in AC Valhalla till I heard it was still no different than previous Ubisoft open world games, which I completely stopped playing several years ago.

That second criticism was something I was really afraid of. It's such a unique combat style but if there's a limited amount of hand motion animations, it'll get old and repetitive very quickly. Especially if the enemies tend to be on the spongier side of things. Which from the gameplay I've seen, they can be like that. 

Evil Within and EW2 are such gems. I'm sure this game will be looked at the same way as time passes.

New Witcher saga announced, and they are moving from REDengine to Unreal Engine 5.

https://en.cdprojektred.com/news/a-new-saga-begins/

smroadkill15 said:

New Witcher saga announced, and they are moving from REDengine to Unreal Engine 5.

That's odd. What happened to their in-house engine? The Witcher 3 looked fantastic! And still does before their next-gen patch for it.

I hope they're not blaming how Cyberpunk turned out as the reasoning to dump their own engine. I'm convinced the game would've been substantially better if it weren't for CD deciding to still make Cyberpunk available on PS4/Xbone. 

gtotheunit91 said:
smroadkill15 said:

That's odd. What happened to their in-house engine? The Witcher 3 looked fantastic! And still does before their next-gen patch for it.

I hope they're not blaming how Cyberpunk turned out as the reasoning to dump their own engine. I'm convinced the game would've been substantially better if it weren't for CD deciding to still make Cyberpunk available on PS4/Xbone. 

Maybe they feel Epic is furhter ahead tech wise on Series X and PS5 compared to their own engine.  If the Matrix demo is something to go by, it could just mean that its cheaper and faster to go with Unreal 5 then trying to get their engine up to speed.  They may go back to their own engine depending on time and resources.  Also if they lost key people on engine development that could also be the case.  A lot of stuff went down during that Cyberpunk release and the fallout.