By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Tunic is great... You guys should jump on.

Anyone have issues with the site a moment ago?

Around the Network

Hogwarts Legacy looks fantastic. This might be the first time my fiancé plays a traditional AAA game extensively. She usually sticks with simulation/mobile games.

ironmanDX said:

Tunic is great... You guys should jump on.

Anyone have issues with the site a moment ago?

I am not sure if I like it yet.  A lot of mechanics that just frustrate me but I will continue to move on to see if better equipment gives me a better joy of playing it.  Maybe I am just getting weary of the Souls Mechanics.  I really do not need another game copying its systems.

Ryuu96 said:

Despite Its Beautiful Ori Games, Moon Studio Is Called An 'Oppressive' Place To Work | VentureBeat

What a fucking disappointment.

Makes a lot of sense now, a few months back I recall Jez said in one of his Podcasts that Microsoft doesn't want to work with Moon anymore and that it wasn't just a case of Moon not wanting to work with Microsoft, at the time I thought he was maybe just spinning things in Microsoft's favour and disregarded it, clearly I was wrong, sorry Jez

Knew this was coming because about a week ago I saw this Venturebeat journalist send a tweet out asking former Moon Studios employees to get in touch with him and Jez retweeted it, Thomas seems to be the main problem and Tbh he has had really odd behaviour at times on ResetEra too...

I always wondered why Microsoft didn't acquire Moon Studios......it all makes sense now

Ryuu96 said:

Despite Its Beautiful Ori Games, Moon Studio Is Called An 'Oppressive' Place To Work | VentureBeat

Makes a lot of sense now, a few months back I recall Jez said in one of his Podcasts that Microsoft doesn't want to work with Moon anymore and that it wasn't just a case of Moon not wanting to work with Microsoft, at the time I thought he was maybe just spinning things in Microsoft's favour and disregarded it, clearly I was wrong, sorry Jez

Knew this was coming because about a week ago I saw this Venturebeat journalist send a tweet out asking former Moon Studios employees to get in touch with him and Jez retweeted it, Thomas seems to be the main problem and Tbh he has had really odd behaviour at times on ResetEra too...

You can always hope for the Devs to come to MS and work at the initiative ..... 

Last edited by Machiavellian - on 18 March 2022

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
Ryuu96 said:

You can always hope for the Devs to come to MS and work at the Imitative..... 

That would be a lot of costs to relocate a bunch of Austrians to California

Ryuu96 said:

Idk, it seems like 99% of the issues are Thomas, the owner, it would be a lot better for him to just step down, Moon Studios is an extremely talented studio and made two beautiful touching games, it's a shame Thomas is so toxic and will overtime destroy that studio.

Microsoft owns the Ori IP though...Honestly I wouldn't usually suggest this because it's a bit underhanded but at this stage, fuck it, Microsoft should poach some of those Moon Studios employees or encourage them to set up a new studio, without Thomas, then get Ori 3 in development with them, at this stage, who would care about abandoning "Moon Studios" if it becomes a husk.

Usually this would be frowned upon but the owner is such a dick that I would allow it in this scenario, before I would have absolutely been against doing Ori 3 with anyone else.

Or Microsoft buy Moon Studios and kick Thomas's ass to the curb? xD

Wouldn't happen anytime soon though. It's still a small studio and they're working on an action rpg for Private Division.

Sometimes the best work comes from places where the top management is a total ass. Take Apple for example, Steve Jobs was definitely not the most fun person to work for but he was able to push his vision successfully and take Apple from almost in the dumps to the biggest company in the world.

Looking up Moon Studios wikipedia page, the first line of the studios history opened with "during Mahler's tenure at Blizzard Entertainment" and then the toxic work culture at Moon all made sense.

Tunic is getting a lot of praise, and rightfully so, but Shredders is actually getting some praise of its own. Some issues for sure but is viewed as a love letter for snowboarding. Which made me realize......when are we getting another Amped?!?