By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - The Biggest Launch in Xbox History

shikamaru317 said:
ice said:

Oh man I hope Stick drift isn’t an issue with the new series controllers. The Xbox one controllers had issues to, I had two have stick drift. Xbox has the best controllers imo but I hate the stick drift issues 😔

My first XB1 controller had stick drift, 2nd one has been good so far stick wise, but the USB charging port on the 2nd one fried so now I have to move my Xbox Play and Charge Kit battery into my old stick drift controller whenever I need to charge the battery, it’s a pain in the butt.

Really hoping for higher build quality on the Xbox Series controller that comes with my XSX.

I have 3 controllers that have a messed up charging port as if I’m violently yanking on the cord while plugged in. I’m so gentle with my controllers and somehow the port gets bent and doesn’t charge anymore. I don’t think imma play plugged in anymore just charge it not playing lol. 

My first controller with the OG Xbox one is beyond messed up, the analogs look fine but has a severe down drift (more likely to do with some internal issues) because it also presses buttons by itself. 

Around the Network
ice said:
shikamaru317 said:

My first XB1 controller had stick drift, 2nd one has been good so far stick wise, but the USB charging port on the 2nd one fried so now I have to move my Xbox Play and Charge Kit battery into my old stick drift controller whenever I need to charge the battery, it’s a pain in the butt.

Really hoping for higher build quality on the Xbox Series controller that comes with my XSX.

I have 3 controllers that have a messed up charging port as if I’m violently yanking on the cord while plugged in. I’m so gentle with my controllers and somehow the port gets bent and doesn’t charge anymore. I don’t think imma play plugged in anymore just charge it not playing lol. 

My first controller with the OG Xbox one is beyond messed up, the analogs look fine but has a severe down drift (more likely to do with some internal issues) because it also presses buttons by itself. 

Charging issue should be fixed on Xbox Series controllers thanks to USB-C hopefully. Here's hoping there are no stick drift issues with it.

On mine the left stick drifts upwards, can be super annoying in some games where if you move during an animation it cancels you out of that animation. 

I switched over to these a few months ago and so glad I did.  No more wires and I always have one ready to go.  I keep mine plugged in on a surge protector powerstrip that has USB connections so I don't tie up my USB ports on my console.  

Last edited by DroidKnight - on 16 October 2020

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:

I switched over to these a few months ago and so glad I did.  No more wires and I always have one ready to go.  I keep mine plugged in on a surge protector powerstrip that has USB connections so I don't tie up my USB ports on my console.  

I bought the same one several months ago as well and it work great. Batteries hold like a 12-15 charge. Plus you don't need to worry about cables. 

I made the mistake about a year ago buying some shitty 1200mAH rechargeable batteries and shit cables. Batteries couldn't hold a charge long and the cables would always disconnect. I'm glad the new xbox controllers have usb-c port so the cords won't disconnect as easily, but battery charge stations are the way to go. 

I use that exact same set as well. Can only recommend it.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Lines-up with the time travel rumors. They would need a mix of gameplay styles, ranging from RPG to FPS in different time periods. 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/seung-lee-35399617/

Unannounced AAA FPS Next-Gen Prototype Game

-

So it's a FPS confirmed, I don't think "RPG" mention hints at the time travel though, RPG is more in relation to the genre, not the combat style I think.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 16 October 2020

Ryuu96 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Lines-up with the time travel rumors. They would need a mix of gameplay styles, ranging from RPG to FPS in different time periods. 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/seung-lee-35399617/

Unannounced AAA FPS Next-Gen Prototype Game

-

So it's a FPS confirmed, I don't think "RPG" mention hints at the time travel though, RPG is more in relation to the genre, not the combat style I think.

My line of thinking was that they want first person melee RPG experience (think Skyrim, Outer Worlds, Fallout, or Dead Island melee weapons) mostly for pre-gun time periods, and FPS-RPG (think Borderlands or Destiny) experience for post-gun time periods, but I could be wrong of course, the game may be FPS-RPG hybrid only. 

If it's mainly FPS then I hope it's either Cyberpunk or Steampunk.

Ryuu96 said:
If it's mainly FPS then I hope it's either Cyberpunk or Steampunk.

Agreed. I don't want some Destiny clone or something, would much rather see a Cyberpunk 2077/Deus Ex like Cyberpunk RPG, or steampunk, or maybe dieselpunk (though dieselpunk might encroach too much on Fallout and Wolfenstein). Maybe space western, but more Firefly (serious) space western than Borderlands (comedy) space western, with a greater focus on believable weapons and actual space combat. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 16 October 2020

I voted for Halo 3 cause...

Halo 3 > Oblivion > Morrowind > Fable II > Gears 2 > Banjo-Kazooie > Fallout 3 > Lost Odyssey > New Vegas