By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

You Can Only Pick One: WoW or FFXIV on Xbox?

WoW 5 35.71%

FFXIV 9 64.29%

Total:14
VersusEvil said:

October for Plague Tale Requiem? I was hoping for it to be sooner. Just finished watching the extended gameplay and it looks amazing. My only complaint is the more louder gameplay was getting very little reaction from other NPCs.

After watching the game play, I think this game will take the franchise into new highs. It will score 88+ and become very popular. It will be AAA franchise from now on. I think it is time for acquisition talk before they become very expensive. 

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
EspadaGrim said:

Their next two games are not MMOs though, Crimson Desert and DokeV.

Ooh - Crimson Desert I thought was gonna be another MMO but its a open world action adventure game.

DokeV is..creature collector?

Crimson Desert was originally supposed to be a MMO like Black Desert but they then decided to make it a single player game.

DokeV is basically a open world Pokemon like game, it has Online elements but I wouldn’t call it a traditional MMO.

I have very high hopes for Crimson Desert. From what I've heard, Black Desert Online is one of the best MMO's on the market today. Take the fantastic character creator and setting from Black Desert Online and combine it with proper singleplayer action RPG combat and storytelling, I think they will create something truly special. It already looked pretty darn good in the gameplay reveal a year and a half ago, I suspect it will look even better when they show it again because I get the feeling they have dropped PS4/XB1 and went current-gen/PC only, which would allow them to push the graphics even further.

shikamaru317 said:

I have very high hopes for Crimson Desert. From what I've heard, Black Desert Online is one of the best MMO's on the market today. Take the fantastic character creator and setting from Black Desert Online and combine it with proper singleplayer action RPG combat and storytelling, I think they will create something truly special. It already looked pretty darn good in the gameplay reveal a year and a half ago, I suspect it will look even better when they show it again because I get the feeling they have dropped PS4/XB1 and went current-gen/PC only, which would allow them to push the graphics even further.

I have high hopes as well, many surprising AAA titles are coming from unknown devs in Asia, take a look at Wu Kong, Project EVE, Last Soul Aside, Project Magnum, Lies of P etc.

It’s a good market for MS to start investing in.

This seems almost completely pointless. You would need both 5G speeds and no mobile data cap/no speed throttling to stream xCloud games properly while away from the house, and very few countries have 5G mobile internet with no datacap or speed throttling. I could see some people buying it for remote play purposes at home, being able to play your Xbox games while laying in bed or while your wife or kids are using the tv your Xbox is hooked up to, but remote play at home is too small of a potential market for viability. Vita had remote play capability with PS3 and only managed to sell 15m with native Vita games, a remote play and streaming only Xbox handheld would be lucky to sell a few million I think. 

I think an Xbox handheld will only work if it at least has the specs to natively play all XB1 and 360/OG Xbox BC games, in addition to being able to stream Xbox Series games from xCloud or from your own Xbox Series over your home network. Hopefully Xbox nixes this all streaming handheld in the prototype phase and instead waits until they can get base XB1 tier specs into an affordable AMD powered handheld so that it can play all XB1 games and all 360/OG Xbox BC games natively.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 26 June 2022

Around the Network

Just one more week until my Game Pass subscription runs out.
Can't believe it's been 3-ish years since I converted Gold to GP Ultimate for €1.

Barozi said:

Can't believe it's been 3-ish years since I converted Gold to GP Ultimate for €1.

I've not nearly another 3 years until mine expires. I've been using Microsoft Rewards to keep it up and have been earning enough to get the occasion Xbox gift card to go towards games not on the services. Last week I purchased Tiny Tina's Wonderlands as it was 20% off and I ended up getting a $25 Xbox gift card to go towards it as well.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Barozi said:

Always keep an eye during the holidays/Black Friday week for GP Ultimate deals. Usually, can get a 3 month sub for $25 instead of $45 and then stack them.