By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Xbox outsold sony in spain the last two weeks but thats due to low PS5 stock. This is a great opportunity for MS to allocate more stock in Spain to try to get some momentum there.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pal-charts-week-1-2021-nintendo-switch-games-starting-the-year-with-a-bang-and-more.358927/post-56120323

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
EspadaGrim said:

He just tweeted again, possible acquisition incoming or possibly exclusive deals?

Yup, it's an acquisition.

I wonder who is on the market right now, EA just stole Codemasters away from Take-Two and they will likely look elsewhere to spend that 1 Billion Dollars that they allocated for Codemasters.

Its an arms race now for content imo, I feel that many companies are starting to see that the future is in streaming and it has been proven to actually work wether some people like to admit it or not and it’s a good thing for us that MS has a head start over everyone including Google and Amazon.

shikamaru317 said:

If it's not a MS acquisition it's probably Embracer honestly, Embracer been buying up everything.

The majority of Embracers acquisitions have been small studios though, imo only Saber Interactive, 4A Games and Flying Wild Hog have been newsworthy acquisitions so far.

Ryuu96 said:

I have a feeling we'll see another publisher be gobbled up this year, I don't know who though.

Doubt Microsoft will acquire a 2nd publisher anytime soon, likely a few smaller developers again.

Square Enix Europe (Eidos Montreal/Crystal Dynamics) is my #1 pick for being acquired since Avengers bombed hard and the Guardians of the Galaxy game is MIA.

I'm happy Xbox is investing in new IPs and reboots, those are the games that will attract new users to the ecosystem: Starfield, Avowed, Indiana Jones, Fable, Perfect Dark, Arkane Austin's new IP...

Around the Network

Possible some star wars characters in Gears 5?  We had some leaked executions with one of them being like kait using the force to execute someone.

Did I miss something? Nobody talking about Machine games making Indian Jones and possible Xbox exclusivity? Gaming Twitter went insane yesterday, Xbox fans getting excited. Worst case it’s Game Pass day 1.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Part of me wishes that the next COD and Battlefield get delayed so that Halo Infinite will be the only big FPS game this Holiday. Also Starfield is 100% 2022 and I see Stalker being delayed too.

Lol CoD won't get delayed. Activision will rather release a broken game than delay it, Same goes for Battlefield and EA

I want a AAA Frozen game by 343i