By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I'm playing D2 Res and the game is so amazing with a controller... It is day and night. For a long time D2 players, the stupid key mapping (F1..F10 to select a skill a then click to cast) is so dumb that I was really looking forward for the controller scheme. And it is delivering :)

Tested it on PC first but then tried on Xbox Series S and X and the game is really pretty.

Only thing regarding the S, the performance mode is really the way to go over the quality, then 60 FPS versus 30 FPS makes a big difference, in 30 FPS, the game is super blurry when moving.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Man, thread sure was dead this weekend, lol.

I did have stuff to post but nobody else was posting and I have PTSD from 3 posts in a row 

This website isn't remotely lively enough anymore for anyone to care about post spamming. 

Ryuu96 said:

It has been announced that the review embargo for Psychonauts 2 will drop later this month. The embargo will drop on August 23rd, a couple of days before the game releases. The embargo will be removed at 6:00 a.m. PST, or 9 a.m. EST. You can stay tuned to OpenCritic in order to see what critics think of the game. 

https://opencritic.com/news/2529/psychonauts-2-review-embargo-details-revealed

I have probably missed it, but is Opencritic/Metacritic league still a thing here?

Ryuu96 said:

So, Gold is going away after all? Or what does it suppose to mean?

Ryuu96 said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

I have probably missed it, but is Opencritic/Metacritic league still a thing here?

Ryuu96 said:

So, Gold is going away after all? Or what does it suppose to mean?

Yup, Shika has a Metacritic thread.

As for those Tweets, I'm not sure, those two Twitter users typically find files hidden away in Microsoft servers or something, such as image files, but I don't believe they know what it means and so we just have to guess based on the image.

We've had multiple insiders in the past say that Xbox wants to dump Gold but they can't until Game Pass hits a certain number, maybe it has reached that number but I'm not sure, why would they advertise it with Gang Beasts? I'm leaning towards something specific with Gang Beasts than Xbox Live going away but I don't have a clue what it could be.

I see Metacritic thread hasn't been updated for quite some time. Will bump it with some new predictions.

Gold going was in my last year's E3 bingo. A bit surprised it still isn't a thing. This picture looks more like something that has to do with the conversion though.

It's understandable though why they don't want to get rid of Gold. There are a lot of people who doesn't feel like GamePass is their thing, but continue to pay for Gold because they are forced to for multiplayer. I doubt that even reaching a certain number of GamePass subscribers will be enough to justify getting rid of Gold. Number of Gold subscribers dropping to a certain level is way more likely to justify dropping it.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

At first I thought it was Fall Guys instead of Gang Beasts and got excited, lol. It's has been a year since it released on PC and Playstation and it was only supposed to be timed console exclusive to Playstation. 

Yes, it was supposed to be timed and if I'm not mistaken the game was already announced to be coming to both Xbox and Switch this summer. Then, the devs got bought out by Epic and presumably Epic wants them to focus on more content (Seasons) on existing platforms rather than bringing the game to new platforms. So, even though their exclusivity contract with Sony has expired I think, they still can't bring the game to new platforms as it is not a priority for their parent company.

Edit: forgot that I already posted my ranking lol

trunkswd said:

I've been playthrough The Ascent and as I get used to the controls I am enjoying it more. Not an amazing game, but I'd give it a 7/10 so far. I've come across a bug where a mission won't progress and I need to restart the game to get it to work a few times now. Rather annoying, luckily load times aren't terrible with an SSD. I can't imagine playing this on an Xbox One with load times several minutes long.

Same here on the controls.  I had 3 crashes so far that completely shut down the game back to the Xbox dashboard.  It frustrated me enough that I'm going to wait for fixes to come in before I try again.

Went ahead and switched to Minecraft Dungeons with all DLC, first time checking it out.  

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Completely! Forgot about this, Lol. Just noticed it as I was browsing through my 'Test Thread' From the rankings I asked for last month from users in here, I've added them up, 1 - 22 points based on position and here is the complete rankings.

RankingGameTotal
#1Halo Infinite265
#2Starfield256
#3Forza Horizon 5248
#4Fable235
#5Avowed212
#6The Elder Scrolls VI207
#7The Outer Worlds 2183
#8Perfect Dark171
#9Hellblade II163
#10Psychonauts 2153
#11State of Decay 3141
#12Indiana Jones136
#12Forza Motorsport136
#13Redfall117
#14Everwild112
#15Grounded92
#16Ghostwire Tokyo91
#17Age of Empires IV90
#18Contraband83
#19Deathloop80
#20Project Mara76
#21As Dusk Falls42

WoodenPints | Barozi | Angelus | NobleTeam360 | Kenjab | Shikamaru317 | Jason1637 | DroidKnight | Imaginedvl | VersusEvil | Spade | Crissindahouse | KiigelHeart

-How high ranked State of Decay 3 is. Having played some of SoD 2 myself, I just don't see what the hype is. SoD 2 felt dated and low budget, the series needs to be AAA, and I'm not seeing positive hiring signs from Undead Labs that suggest they plan to go AAA. On top of that, we've seen no signs that suggest it might release sooner than 2024, later than many others that ranked lower than it.

I've played SoT2 for 129 hours and it's one of my favorite exclusives last gen. It not being AAA is part of the charm for me so I probably don't even want them to go there. Considering how popular it is it doesn't need to.