Now that my thread is mostly updated, lets play a post-E3 game.
In order from #1 - #22, rank your most anticipated to least anticipated (#1 being most, #22 being least).
To help, these are all the currently announced XGS/BGS titles.
If I get enough full lists, I'll see about doing some sort of overall ranking for Empire's most anticipated to least anticipated, likely a points based system.
*Not including Flight Simulator as it has already fully released.
Taking into account not only my hype level, but also expected release windows:
- Flight Simulator Xbox Port (ranking this high because it releases later this month)
- Halo Infinite
- Forza Horizon 5
- Elder Scrolls 6
- Ghostwire Tokyo
- The Outer Worlds 2
- Indiana Jones
- Forza Motorsport reboot
- Perfect Dark
- Age of Empires 4 (even though I love the series, I am ranking this somewhat lower because I have some reservations about 4, and because I don't know when I will either be able to upgrade my PC enough to play it, or when it will be put on xCloud or Xbox so that I can play it, could be years before either of those things happen)
- Hellblade 2
- Redfall (need more info on how the co-op works, we know you can play solo, but is it totally solo or can AI control the other 3 characters?)
- Psychonauts 2
- Deathloop (if this hadn't been a Sony 1 year hat it would be ranked somewhat higher, because I love Arkane games)
- Contraband (need more info, is the co-op forced, or can you play solo with AI controlling other players or solo difficulty scaling?)
- Everwild (the delay to 2024 moved this down quite alot for me)
- State of Decay 3 (my hype for this will go up some if it ends up being properly AAA, but I'm not seeing positive signs of a AAA release so far, their growth has been pretty stagnant for the last year since it was announced, only small increases)
- As Dusk Falls
- Project Mara (I don't typically play horror games myself, so I will probably end up watching a let's play of this instead of playing it myself, unless it looks too good to pass up)
Here are the placings (on the above list, not taking into account one another) I would have for some Xbox 1st/2nd party games that are either confirmed to be in development but aren't announced yet, or are rumored to be in development:
10. Wolfenstein 3 (ranking is based on the assumption that it will release before Indiana Jones, would drop lower if it is releasing after Indiana Jones)
14. Zenimax Online San Diego new project (based on the rumors that this is a Star Wars Mandalorian game, I am ranking this pretty high because I love Star Wars, would be much higher if this game was coming soon, but they only started hiring for this game in April 2020, as far as we know full development still hasn't begun as of July 2021, still in pre-production, so I don't expect a release until 2025 or 2026)
15. Project Dragon from IOI (would be higher if it was coming soon since it's an RPG, but because IOI only opened the new studio that is developing Project Dragon earlier this year, I'm ranking it somewhat lower)
19. Kojima project (ranking this pretty low because it seems to be many years away, and because it seems to be Cloud only, which I'm not a fan of. If it's the Mecha Action RPG that has been rumored, I may play it in spite of forced Cloud, but if it's something else I might not play it at all)
20. Obsidian Adler project (not enough info at this time, but if the leaker who claimed this project is a new Conker is telling the truth, my hype level for this will shoot way up)
21. Obsidian Sawyer new IP (need more info)
22. Coalition new IP (not enough info to rank higher at this time)
24. Evil Within 3Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 05 July 2021