By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I do find the idea of Microsoft aquiring WB stupid. I'd much rather have 5-6 targeted studios with The caliper of Playground, Insomniac, Obsidian or Ninja theory as I think the total of these studios will cost 50% of the rumored $2 billion.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

This is so cute... but why are the analog sticks in the inferior positioning? 

Ryuu96 said:
Pretty great to see Obsidian, Playground and The Initiative battling it out.

Wonder how different it would be with 343...

Halo holds a lot of nostalgia, and it’s still one of ms’s biggest franchises. Even tho 343 dropped the ball twice I bet quite a few people would’ve voted for it because we wanna see where it goes from Here. Just more interesting without em

I LOVE GIGGS said:
I do find the idea of Microsoft aquiring WB stupid. I'd much rather have 5-6 targeted studios with The caliper of Playground, Insomniac, Obsidian or Ninja theory as I think the total of these studios will cost 50% of the rumored $2 billion.

I have discussed this on this thread and i will mention it again, Sony paid 229 million for Insomniac games who only had Sunset Overdrive as a owned IP, EA purchased Respawn for nearly 500 million (around 455 million). NetherRealm who comes with the MK IP would likely be valued closer to Respawn than Insomniac and I would say the same goes for Rocksteady who have proven to be one of the worlds best devs .Those Two alone would be at a near 1 billion value and the other 4 AAA studios would likely have their price be inflated because WB wants to sell all at once.

MS got lucky with Playground, Obsidian and Ninja Theory, there are not that many private studios out there of that caliber that would want to get bought out. IOI likely has zero interest, Platinum Games has no interest, Techlands PR person already denied an acquisition rumor (I'm praying that this is false and that MS get them), MS doesn't seem to be interest in 4A Games, and Ready at Dawn just got bought out by Facebook (RIP).

Shaunodon said:

Alright, after putting it off for a few weeks I finally unboxed my Xbox One X and replaced my launch Xbone. I have to come clean about something-- I had so much trouble disconnecting the power brick from behind my setup and having to noodle the cord out, that I honestly couldn't be bothered replacing the HDMI cable. Will that cause me any speed/latency issues with the One X? I haven't noticed any extra input lag so far. I'm just currently installing Doom.

Well, the cables are the same, so no... 

iceland said:
Ryuu96 said:

This is so cute... but why are the analog sticks in the inferior positioning? 

Size. Asymmetric arrangements need more space and this one doesn't have it. OTOH, it probably has actual gyro controls, so we finally have a XBO controller with a gyroscope. 

Around the Network
EspadaGrim said:
I LOVE GIGGS said:

I have discussed this on this thread and i will mention it again, Sony paid 229 million for Insomniac games who only had Sunset Overdrive as a owned IP, EA purchased Respawn for nearly 500 million (around 455 million). NetherRealm who comes with the MK IP would likely be valued closer to Respawn than Insomniac and I would say the same goes for Rocksteady who have proven to be one of the worlds best devs .Those Two alone would be at a near 1 billion value and the other 4 AAA studios would likely have their price be inflated because WB wants to sell all at once.

MS got lucky with Playground, Obsidian and Ninja Theory, there are not that many private studios out there of that caliber that would want to get bought out. IOI likely has zero interest, Platinum Games has no interest, Techlands PR person already denied an acquisition rumor (I'm praying that this is false and that MS get them), MS doesn't seem to be interest in 4A Games, and Ready at Dawn just got bought out by Facebook (RIP).

I'm still saying MS should definitely pry Team Ninja off Koei. 

That inevitably means Western DOAX4 on the XSeX and that the name of the console would be fitting for once XD 

No way MS buys TN's "we don't want to anger Sarkeesian" bullshit. They always kind of shat all over censors. 

Thank god for insiders, letting us know how time works lol

That is very europe oriented tho

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

And so, the "temper expectations" phase of the next MS event begins.

I'm not sure how MS could possibly put together an acquisition for the WB studios that quickly. Are AT&T really THAT motivated to sell? Surely, it would take longer than this to finalize a deal, unless MS just said "fuck it," and threw an obscene amount of money on the table.