By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Teens lured gay men on Grindr, tied them up, and urinated on them - UK

Teens lured gay men on Grindr then tied them up and urinated on them

Mohammed Sohail Khan, Qaasim Ahmad, and Muhammad Umar lured gay men on dates and launched horrific homophobic attacks have been jailed for more than 37 years.

All aged 18, created fake Grindr profiles before meeting their dates in Birmingham. They attacked and robbed their victims, tied them up and assaulted them as they yelled homophobic comments. One victims was spat at and urinated on during a traumatic two hour ordeal. The gang pulled down his trousers and took a video of his genitals while making derogatory comments, Birmingham Live reports.

Another had a pair of socks stuffed into his mouth and was forced to walk through dog excrement, while a third was threatened with having his head superimposed on to a video of a paedophile, Birmingham Crown court heard. The first attack took place on January 5 2019 with three further reports being made to authorities on March 18, 24 and 29. After a major police hunt was launched, forensic scientists were finally able to trace Umar when he spat on one of his dates, leaving DNA evidence on his clothing.

CCTV from shops and cash machines where the teenagers had used their victims’ stolen bank cards were also discovered. Police believe the gang may have robbed more victims who are too scared to speak out and have urged them to come forward.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/12/teens-lured-gay-men-grindr-tied-urinated-11771543/?ito=article.amp.share.top.twitter

Interestingly, this is the same English city in which wide-spread protests took place opposing harmless stories featuring same-gender stories told at British schools. 

Last edited by LurkerJ - on 26 December 2019

Around the Network
Hiku said:
37 years sounds like a good sentence.
Hopefully it deters other would-be assailants from similar homophobic attacks.

Imagine throwing away your life to attack someone who isn't hurting anyone, just because they love someone of the same gender.
Pathetic.

Literally what I was thinking. Like how was any of this worth it even without jail time, now with 37 years LMAOOOO.

Sensing strong gay vibes from all three of them.

I'm sure, knowing OP, thread was made with good intentions and healthy discussion in mind.

Likewise, I'm beyond certain this is not any kind of attempt of veiled islamophobia and anti-immigrant nationalism.

Last edited by Moren - on 26 December 2019

Quite sure this happens way more often, but seeinv those face im not suprised

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
Poliwrathlord said:
Sensing strong gay vibes from all three of them.

Maybe this is them experimenting believing this is how to gay sex. 

And here in germany it would have been like "they had a bad childhood" and "they have kind of mental illness and are not fully responsible for what they are doing" and whatnot reasons would have been searched and used to make their punishment as low as possible. They probably would not have even went to prison, because here it is less about punishing, but more about kind of "getting them back onto the right track"...

Moren said:

I'm sure, knowing OP, thread was made with good intentions and healthy discussion in mind.

Likewise, I'm beyond certain this is not any kind of attempt of veiled islamophobia and anti-immigrant nationalism.

Lots of labels and terms, mostly used incorrectly.

After casually reminding you that this was posted in the political section of the forums, I would like to know what kind of discussions is NOT supposed to be sparked? It's only unhealthy when we're smearing each other with meaningless labels. I purposefully posed the article and embedded a previous discussion in the OP once I read this part: 

"The defendants targeted the victims in this case because they believed they would be too ashamed of their sexual orientation to provide evidence to the police and court," Michael Disney, of the CPS, said. 

It is interesting to figure out what kind of environments these "teens" were brought up in, what schools they went to, and even what kind of parenting they had. Because possessing this amount of grey-matter-damaging homophobia that leads you to commit repeated ill-planned crimes in a group of 3 should not be glossed over as just another homophobic attack.

It's one thing to commit these crimes, but it's a whole different matter to commit them foolishly in a group of 3. I also wondered, reading the news, if telling children stories that are inclusive of same-gender parents decrease the public levels of homophobia seen in Birmingham and across the country or not. 

LurkerJ said:
Moren said:

Lots of labels and terms, mostly used incorrectly.

After casually reminding you that this was posted in the political section of the forums, I would like to know what kind of discussions is NOT supposed to be sparked? It's only unhealthy when we're smearing each other with meaningless labels. I purposefully posed the article and embedded a previous discussion in the OP once I read this part: 

"The defendants targeted the victims in this case because they believed they would be too ashamed of their sexual orientation to provide evidence to the police and court," Michael Disney, of the CPS, said. 

It is interesting to figure out what kind of environments these "teens" were brought up in, what schools they went to, and even what kind of parenting they had. Because possessing this amount of grey-matter-damaging homophobia that leads you to commit repeated ill-planned crimes in a group of 3 should not be glossed over as just another homophobic attack.

It's one thing to commit these crimes, but it's a whole different matter to commit them foolishly in a group of 3. I also wondered, reading the news, if telling children stories that are inclusive of same-gender parents decrease the public levels of homophobia seen in Birmingham and across the country or not. 

Those are indeed in-depth topics to talk about...

... that said, you have a long history of incendiary topics without good intentions (thanks for linking your last thread that was locked for the same reason btw!). It's not particularly creative to take a story of a random incident, appear unbiased, and try and push your real agenda.

Only takes a bit of common sense to know what kind of user you are. At least don't be a hypocrite.

Interestingly, this is the same English city in which wide-spread protests took place opposing harmless stories featuring same-gender stories told at British schools. 

Surely it's debatable how harmless the stories are given the West has banned them for 99% of it's existence.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!