By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God Dang VR Is Awesome!

Are you excited for PSVR2?

Yea. I already own PSVR. 24 61.54%

Yea. I don't already own PSVR. 6 15.38%

Only a little. I own the PSVR. 1 2.56%

Only a little. I don't own the PSVR. 0 0%

No. VR isn't my bag, baby. 8 20.51%

Total:39
Conina said:

Superhot VR and Superhot are different games with different levels, both worth playing.

I never bothered to play the regular version, same way I bought Ace Combat 7 and only played the VR levels. Also in RE7 I never tried the parts that weren't in VR (some extras). I've bought other games just to play the VR bit, Tomb raider and star wars battlefront come to mind.

I have finally started a pancake game again, Death stranding. The advantage of being in VR for so long, wow that 4K HDR looks amazing again!

Around the Network

They're going to have to really tone down the amount of cables used with their VR headset and by that I mean I want ZERO cables, only then will I consider jumping into VR.

Despite no cables I demand very low latency obviously, a long enough battery life and a much more consequent FOV. At least 150° for a much better immersion.

Those are my conditions to try VR. So I'm looking at the future PSVR2 and that's where I put my hopes.

^ The options are there on PC already, but I guess you want low cost, no compression detail loss, low weight and easy setup as well :)

Meanwhile, I'm greatly enjoying the latest Beat Saber update. I haven't gotten around to try out the Green day music pack yet since the new 90 degree levels are a lot of fun. It turns the game from a tunnel type approach into feeling like you're in a huge room with walls and blocks coming from all angles. They did a good job in the levels I tried so far, it flows really well.

John2290 said:
CrazyGamer2017 said:

They're going to have to really tone down the amount of cables used with their VR headset and by that I mean I want ZERO cables, only then will I consider jumping into VR.

Despite no cables I demand very low latency obviously, a long enough battery life and a much more consequent FOV. At least 150° for a much better immersion.

Those are my conditions to try VR. So I'm looking at the future PSVR2 and that's where I put my hopes.

Psvr can't go wireless unless you strap a ps4/ps5 to your head. 

Really? Cause technology to make the PSVR communicate wirelessly with the PS5 is impossible and does not exist?

You're allowed to say you don't think it will go wireless but stating that it simply cannot go wireless is illogical in my opinion. Also for the record, I think you are going to be surprised to find out it will be wireless.

EDIT: To be clear I'm talking about the PSVR2. I think it's obvious but it can't hurt to specify this detail.

Last edited by CrazyGamer2017 - on 17 December 2019

Nice! I'm waiting for a great deal to jump into PSVR!

Its really telling that most people have a position impression of VR despite some of its draw backs. Honestly, without the word of mouth, I would come away with the impression that VR is a gimmick, similar to the Wii/PS Eye/Kinect.

Around the Network

Yeah, (PS)VR is amazing. Already in a year it’s given me some of my top gaming experiences since I started playing games at a young age.

CrazyGamer2017 said:

Well, most PSVR games are seated experiences, where a cable is really no problem. Then we have a few PSVR games as standing experiences (Beatsaber for example), where a cable is still no problem in most cases.

Room scale (where you walk around the room in VR) really ain't a thing for the PS4 and its mediocre motion tracking capabilities.

CrazyGamer2017 said:
John2290 said:

Psvr can't go wireless unless you strap a ps4/ps5 to your head. 

Really? Cause technology to make the PSVR communicate wirelessly with the PS5 is impossible and does not exist?

You're allowed to say you don't think it will go wireless but stating that it simply cannot go wireless is illogical in my opinion. Also for the record, I think you are going to be surprised to find out it will be wireless.

I have an Oculus Go and it has absolutely no problem streaming from my PC to the headset. I see no reason why the PSVR couldn't do the same. It does die pretty quickly, though. I had to buy a battery bank.

d21lewis said:
CrazyGamer2017 said:

I have an Oculus Go and it has absolutely no problem streaming from my PC to the headset. I see no reason why the PSVR couldn't do the same. It does die pretty quickly, though. I had to buy a battery bank.

Yeah battery life can be an issue I suppose. I have a very good idea to fix that problem, not sure why those companies don't think of it, seems pretty simple to come up with.

My idea is a belt, made of batteries, you wear it around your waist and it connects with a wire that goes up your spine to the head set. That way you can wear several batteries well balanced around your waist so you don't feel unbalanced and that should provide your head set with enough juice to last a very long time.

And such a cable is alright, since you are not connected to a computer or a console but to your own back, therefore that cable wouldn't really count as being wired if you see what I mean.

CrazyGamer2017 said:
d21lewis said:

Yeah battery life can be an issue I suppose. I have a very good idea to fix that problem, not sure why those companies don't think of it, seems pretty simple to come up with.

My idea is a belt, made of batteries, you wear it around your waist and it connects with a wire that goes up your spine to the head set. That way you can wear several batteries well balanced around your waist so you don't feel unbalanced and that should provide your head set with enough juice to last a very long time.

And such a cable is alright, since you are not connected to a computer or a console but to your own back, therefore that cable wouldn't really count as being wired if you see what I mean.

Maybe wireless power will see the light of day, although a strong directed magnetic field might have side effects. You can always put a propeller on top and a strong fan in the corner :) But removing a wire to wear a belt with a wire, no thanks. I hang the wire over my shoulder down my back so it's never in the way when playing standing. The only annoying thing is that the cable gets twisted after a while, got to unplug it to unwind it. I guess I turn around too much in the same direction while playing.

I don't really have the space for full room scale. I keep walking into things already with the limited play area PSVR offers. Waiting for everyone to go to bed and then move all the furniture out of the way... A wire is fine.