Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War (4), The Last of Us Part II, Ghost of Tsushima, which will be the best PS4 game?

You choose!

God of War (4) 6 20.00%

The Last of Us Part II 16 53.33%

Ghost of Tsushima 8 26.67%

Total:30

God of War is already a proven success, it's so damn good it's hard asking if other games I'm still just waiting for can be even better, it's really hard.

But damn Naughty Dog and Sucker Punch, you guys are really going for it, huh?

IMO TLOU2 will be the best scoring and selling of the three, GoW4 will end up being the best game for a good bunch of people and GoT will be the one people talk the least about... but I think GoT might end up being my favorite of them all.

I'm REALLY looking foward to TLoU2 and GoT, and both have actual chances of dethroning GoW4 from my favorite PS4 game, but what about you?

Around the Network

As much as I love God of War (4) I’d still pick some other before it as “my favorite”. Nier Automata, MHW Iceborne and Bloodborne for example. And many others in the PS4 library would be in the conversation, like Uncharted 4, Horizon, Witcher 3, Spiderman, its hard to say were I'd rank them all. Feels like a luxury to even be able to say that "i'd pick games before" a fantastic game like GOW. Thats how good the PS4 library is. Its hard to pick "just that one game". 

I have doubts if Ghost of Tsushima even belongs in the conversation tbh, Sucker Punch productions do decent games – and that’s what I think GoT will end up being, “decent”, but they haven’t done a single “great” game so far that leaves a mark like GOW or TLOU. But hey, it could go either way. We'll see. And I have great expectations for TLOU2 and Naughty Dog is yet to make a bad game. But again, it could go either way. Sequels are tricky.

But none of this matters because the single best game of the Ps4, Switch, Xbox and PC is Hollow Knight. 

I'd still pick Spider-Man over God of War but I think Ghost of Tsushima will somehow top both.

Uncharted 4 is my favorite PS4 game.

You can't deny it, PS4 is going to go out with a BANG in 2020.

Around the Network

As good as God of War was, like there’s stated I’d take Spider-Man over it, uncharted 4, hell I’d even take god of war 3 remastered on PS4 over it, I preferred its gameplay/camera. I personally don’t think GoT will be as good as LoU2. So I guess my vote would go to LoU2!

TLoU II

I guess it will be the best PS4 exclusive since it's Naughty Dog and they took their time to make it as good as possible. GoT could be one of the best but also "only" a 85 Meta game or something around that. That is still good but wouldn't be a masterpiece like TLoU II will certainly be. I guess GoT will be better than a 85 but it won't reach a Meta of 97+ which TLoU will probably get.

Judgment already is the best PS4 exclusive. I'd say Yakuza 0 but it's no longer an exclusive.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Jpcc86 said:

As much as I love God of War (4) I’d still pick some other before it as “my favorite”. Nier Automata, MHW Iceborne and Bloodborne for example. And many others in the PS4 library would be in the conversation, like Uncharted 4, Horizon, Witcher 3, Spiderman, its hard to say were I'd rank them all. Feels like a luxury to even be able to say that "i'd pick games before" a fantastic game like GOW. Thats how good the PS4 library is. Its hard to pick "just that one game". 

I have doubts if Ghost of Tsushima even belongs in the conversation tbh, Sucker Punch productions do decent games – and that’s what I think GoT will end up being, “decent”, but they haven’t done a single “great” game so far that leaves a mark like GOW or TLOU. But hey, it could go either way. We'll see. And I have great expectations for TLOU2 and Naughty Dog is yet to make a bad game. But again, it could go either way. Sequels are tricky.

But none of this matters because the single best game of the Ps4, Switch, Xbox and PC is Hollow Knight. 

Guerilla went from Killzone good to Horizon good this gen.

Sucker Punch is following, will go from Infamous good to Ghost of Tsushima good.

(Now thinking about it Media Molecule is also very likely taking a massive step from being Little Big Planet good to Dreams good)

Seems like their new IPs are WAY above their older ones.

I have no doubts about Ghost of Tsushima after what they showed us, that will be GOTG material.

I also have no doubts TLoU2 will be people's choice, ND deserves all the praise they get, and TLoU is the undisputed best game from last generation, but even so... Ghost of Tsushima is the game that excites me the most right now. I can't say it'll be better than TLoU2 or Gow4 because yeah, Naughty Dog and Santa Monica are way ahead of Sucker Punch, but that might change next year.

deskpro2k3 said:
You can't deny it, PS4 is going to go out with a BANG in 2020.

Just like the PS3 in 2013.

Lackluster 2012 to massive 2013 before new console.

Now with the PS4 in 2020.

Lackluster 2019 to massive 2020 before new console.