By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Series X Announced (Xbox Scarlett)!

HoloDust said:

Oh dear.
So XSX, series of Xbox consoles with terrible names, "designed" to look like a fridge.

Whoa whoa whoa. It's a mini fridge, OK!

Does it run cool enough to chill your beer though?...

Around the Network
EricHiggin said:
HoloDust said:

Oh dear.
So XSX, series of Xbox consoles with terrible names, "designed" to look like a fridge.

Whoa whoa whoa. It's a mini fridge, OK!

Does it run cool enough to chill your beer though?...

Yead, and this is "leaked" picture of it with next version of Kinect sitting on top. :P

XBOX Series X

"Series"

So that means there is going to be multiple versions. okeydokie. I think it looks like a fridge.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Signalstar said:
What a horrible name for the console. It's probably meant to be iterative so there will be different skus released during its lifespan.

I believe MS is looking at the Xbox brand differently to how Sony and Nintendo treat there models. More like a series than a generation.

Xbox Series X: High end console

Xbox Series S: Slim design console

Xbox Series E: Low end console

If feels more like there wont be another gen for the Xbox, instead it will consist of newer updated models in there right categories.

With naming a console, its always hard to find a name for a console that has meaning and the down side with numbers is that at some point is going to start sounding a little ridicules. I can understand why MS is heading into this direction with its naming titles, it makes a lot of sense however its something we need to get use to of course.

Will wait and see.

thismeintiel said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Which might actually be a good thing.

I mean, if there's something on the console that causes it to get banned in China then... that's almost certainly a good thing for anybody that likes freedom and privacy.

Considering the policies they wanted to enact at the beginning of this gen, I'm not really expecting something positive.

You, not expecting something positive from MS? Shocking.

Anyway, absolutely love the design. Don't like the name. I like the names Microsoft and Nintendo give their consoles.

Around the Network

Bad name, the design is different but not necessarily bad, depends where you want to put it in your setup. A lot of the units people have for set top boxes aren't going to accommodate this.

They gave up and made a tower. I wish consoles had cool and whacky designs like the ps5 devkit. Now imagine of ps5 is kinda the same. And they could have curved it a little and added etchings to make it look like an X. Something at least

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

After seeing people explain the name more I don't think it's nearly as bad as some are making it out to be. As @smroadkill15 pointed out and as did Klobrille:

The name is pretty much just "Xbox" again, with "Series X" just being the description for the version you have because the multiple SKU rumor is most likely true, or it will probably be in the future. 

If people are able to choose between however many different versions of the new iPhone every year I don't see why they can't handle this. Assuming it's explained well and the marketing is on point I don't see why it should be anything more than: "I'd like the new xbox". "Which series?" then you say series X for the high end model or series S or some shit for the presumably lower end model. 

Still unsure of how I feel about it, but I think it makes a lot more sense viewing it that way. 

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 13 December 2019

The name is crap. It sounds like it's part of the Xbox One family of devices... And even shares some design cues from the Xbox One S/X family of devices.

In saying that, I actually like the console design... And I am glad they have not deviated to much from the Xbox One controller design.

Infinite looks bloody amazing. Day 1 purchase for sure.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

LudicrousSpeed said:
thismeintiel said:

Considering the policies they wanted to enact at the beginning of this gen, I'm not really expecting something positive.

You, not expecting something positive from MS? Shocking.

Anyway, absolutely love the design. Don't like the name. I like the names Microsoft and Nintendo give their consoles.

Well, when they have set a precedent for pretty much the whole gen, it's hard to think any differently. 

Of course, as expected, no addressing the actual point. A very odd disclaimer. Oh well, what me worry?