By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo Switch Outsells Xbox One Worldwide

Chris Hu said:
only777 said:

Sure.

Total lack of 1st party games.  The first Xbox had Microsoft pushing for a lot of great exclusives.  You could say this about the 360 too for the first half of it's life.  But the XBO is totally lacking.  Where is Scalebound?  Where is Project Gothem Racing?  For a company selling a games machine how has this happened?

But we know how this happened, its a total failure of management at Microsoft.  From creating a console with features no one wanted, mis-management of 1st party studios to behind the scenes stuff like ID @Xbox (remember that?!).  The console sucks because the people that made it cocked up every single aspect around it.

Here's the big difference between Xbox and Sony.  When Sony fucked up the PS3 launch, they worked hard on the one thing that could actully get them back in the race; Games.

Microsoft have spent their time doing Xcloud, Backward compatibility and pushing for cross play.  All nice things, but a complete waste of time if you don't have the number one thing people actually want the console for; GAMES!

You could say that they are holding back now to bring everything to scarlet.  But that's a shit excuse.  When Sony fucked up, they made damn sure that by the end of the PS3's life it had killer games on it.  How come Microsoft haven't managed this too?  Because Xbox management is inept.

That's why Xbox sucks.

Forza Horizon is Project Gotham racing as a matter of fact its way better then Project Gotham racing.  The X1 overall software lineup is already better then the 360's was and that is with still almost a year to go before the next system launches.  Only people that are hating on the X1 are people like you that actually don't own one or never even tried one.

Forza Horizon is most certainly not PGR.  Bizarre Creations made very unique games, Forza Horizon is not a Bizarre Creations game.

Also assuming that some people who use a website to track sales data of video games (A very niche section of hardcore gamers), have not even used an Xbox One is a very high risk assumption.

Sony want to make money by selling art, Nintendo want to make money by selling fun, Microsoft want to make money.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Marth said:

The last 3 home console Zeldas (TP, SS, BotW) have been delayed, so I am not getting my hopes up.

Was about to post this. I sure that BOTW2 is internally planned for 2020, but given historical precedent I expect there's a good chance it'll slip into 2021.

Wasn’t everyone of those a different engine though? BotW 2 is the same engine as BotW, so it should get out much quicker then previous Zelda’s

RetroGamer94 said:
curl-6 said:

Was about to post this. I sure that BOTW2 is internally planned for 2020, but given historical precedent I expect there's a good chance it'll slip into 2021.

Wasn’t everyone of those a different engine though? BotW 2 is the same engine as BotW, so it should get out much quicker then previous Zelda’s

Same engine and same map too.

Signature goes here!

RetroGamer94 said:
curl-6 said:

TP and SS use the same engine.

TruckOSaurus said:
RetroGamer94 said:

Same engine and same map too.

It doesn't have the same map that's a translation error as the producer said the game will take place in the same incarnation of Hyrule, WW and PH are the same incarnation but completely different maps for reference.

I just watched spawns latest video. Npd announced the top selling games for November, very nice list. Awesome to see jedi @#2. Single player games do sell... even for dumb ass EA. I hope we get the system breakdown too. He said the switch was way up, the two old reliable big dogs were down, of course, but sounds like they still did well. I hope to see the actual numbers.... I wont hold my breath though.

Around the Network
RetroGamer94 said:
curl-6 said:

Skyward Sword using the same engine as Twilight Princess didn't stop it coming out 5 years later.

But anyway, drifting a bit off topic. Turns out Switch didn't need BOTW2 or even Animal Crossing to race passed the Xbone. Its first core Pokemon struck the killing blow.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 16 December 2019

Skyward Sword played entirely different than TP while BOTW sequel is likely to retain the same gamplay design and concept as BOTW. This is similar to OOT->MM situation than TP->SS.

LGBTDBZBBQ said:
Skyward Sword played entirely different than TP while BOTW sequel is likely to retain the same gamplay design and concept as BOTW. This is similar to OOT->MM situation than TP->SS.

SS was smaller and more compact compared to TP though while BOTW2 is a large open world game with many factors to oversee especially with the absolute freedom.

only777 said:
Chris Hu said:

Forza Horizon is Project Gotham racing as a matter of fact its way better then Project Gotham racing.  The X1 overall software lineup is already better then the 360's was and that is with still almost a year to go before the next system launches.  Only people that are hating on the X1 are people like you that actually don't own one or never even tried one.

Forza Horizon is most certainly not PGR.  Bizarre Creations made very unique games, Forza Horizon is not a Bizarre Creations game.

Also assuming that some people who use a website to track sales data of video games (A very niche section of hardcore gamers), have not even used an Xbox One is a very high risk assumption.

Of course Forza Horizon is not PGR its way better.  PGR wasn't even close to being one of the best games on the original Xbox or the 360 especially since it was a very inconsistent franchise only the second and fourth games where actually good the first and third game where too focused on hyper-cars and supercars and weren't nearly as good.  Also even though PGR 2 was good Forza Motorsports and Crazy Taxi 3 are better racing games on the original X Box.  And on the 360 there where a ton of racing games that are better racing games then PGR 4 all the Forza games are better, Burnout Paradise is better, Midnight Club L.A. is better, Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012) is better and there are probably a couple more that are better that I haven't played.  So yeah it looks like you even barely played the original X Box and 360 if you think PGR is one of the best franchises on the console which it is not.  Two and Four where good but there where a lot of racing games that where better plus there where a ton of racing games that where just as good or almost as good and I didn't even mention any of those.

I think we'll see BotW2 next holiday season. Yeah normally it takes several years to make a new Zelda, but they are not only using the same engine, same aesthetic style, but even the same map (although I'm sure the world will be altered heavily in some way to make it feel new), still using the same world is gonna save a ton of time. If they started working on this in 2018 it seems very reasonable that it'll release end of 2020 given these things. These things probably save them 50% of development time.