By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Outer Worlds - Thoughts on the game?

Currently finishing up Far Cry New Dawn; few more trophies to go. I like the game but the RPG elements were very shallow and I'm interested in continuing to explore the shooter/RPG. I'm lookin at The Outer Worlds at being my next game, but it is such uncharted territory for me that I'm goin in thinking I'll be getting Far Cry New Dawn but with stronger RPG elements.

I was kinda thinking about Fallout 4 as well. $8 all month, has a third person option (getting use to first person but will never understand it with games that have customization), buuuut I actually watched a friend play through a majority of it so I'm not sure if it will hold my attention all the way through even with multiple choices routes.

More interested on opinions of The Outer Worlds as a game and not so much The Outer Worlds vs Fallout 4

Around the Network

Amazing game. Sits along side the best games of 2019.
Its a fresh new and much needed take on the Fall Out styled games. Obsidian did an amazing job with this game.

It's a really good game, probably one of the best game to come out in 2019. Everyone should give it a try since it's so cheap to play on gamepass.
It's hard not to call this game Sci-fi Fallout. But, what you really need to know is if you don't enjoy the style of Fallout game then Outer Worlds is probably not for you either.

Wow 2019 was not a good year for video game, Outer Worlds is my personal game of the year. But, that's simply due to the lack of top quality game. You know it's a off year when two remake might make top 5 game of the year (RE2 & Link's Awakening).

In what way is it uncharted territory? You never played a Fallout game before? How about Elder Scrolls?
Considering the similarity is pretty strong you could call it Skyrim with guns in space.

I finished it and found it to be a generic rpg that seemed to stuck in a time warp, but wrapped around this was great characterisation and writing.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

It's in pretty much a 3 way tie for my favorite game this year, alongside Kingdom Hearts 3 and Jedi: Fallen Order. It's pretty much Fallout in space, that's really the only way that you can describe it. It wears it's fallout influences on it's sleeve. The only real issues are that it's not particularly long compared to Fallout 3 or 4, and that the graphics are pretty outdated (a problem it shares with actual Fallout). 

I dont mind it being short. Matter of fact that is a plus.

Barozi said:
In what way is it uncharted territory? You never played a Fallout game before? How about Elder Scrolls?
Considering the similarity is pretty strong you could call it Skyrim with guns in space.

Niether. Mainly only play Japanese games but starting with AC Odyssey I've been branching out into western stuff. I seen alot of Fallout 4 though. So, Fallout in space? Is it Open World?