Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch launches in China on December 10th

Slownenberg said:
How much do you think Switch will sell in China by year's end? a few hundred thousand?

The most detailed article I found today, with some "magical" sources or analysts who give some forecasts :

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/10/nintendo-switch-goes-on-sale-in-china-shares-rise.html

Current PB on Secret of Mana remake : 2h27 (2nd)
Strongest worldwide achievement on TGM : 1st European S13 rank
Fastest TI MASTER in Europe : rank Master V in 5min10
Current PB on Power Ranger (Game Gear) : 10min06 (World Record)

Non-geek activity : ThermalHungary

Around the Network
Amnesia said:
Slownenberg said:
How much do you think Switch will sell in China by year's end? a few hundred thousand?

The most detailed article I found today, with some "magical" sources or analysts who give some forecasts :

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/10/nintendo-switch-goes-on-sale-in-china-shares-rise.html

Strange, the prediction for year end it mentions says it should sell 100,000 by years end, but its already got 100,000 preorder from a single seller. Seems more like 100,000 could be first week sales. Seems like China could significantly help out Switch's "rest of world" sales by adding a few million all told. I wonder if Switch Lite will be the big seller compared to OG Switch, since they are used to just playing on phones.

Slownenberg said:
Amnesia said:

Strange, the prediction for year end it mentions says it should sell 100,000 by years end, but its already got 100,000 preorder from a single seller. Seems more like 100,000 could be first week sales. Seems like China could significantly help out Switch's "rest of world" sales by adding a few million all told. I wonder if Switch Lite will be the big seller compared to OG Switch, since they are used to just playing on phones.

Pardon my ignorance, but are they also launching the Lite in China today at the same time or just the original model? 

1doesnotsimply

FarleyMcFirefly said:
Slownenberg said:

Pardon my ignorance, but are they also launching the Lite in China today at the same time or just the original model? 

Later the Lite....Damn I would rather die instead of doing this administrative tracking job to force the approval with Chinese authorities....It makes me laugh to imagine some chinese state agents who spend days to run SMBU just to be sure that there is no secret NATO messages coded in it.

Current PB on Secret of Mana remake : 2h27 (2nd)
Strongest worldwide achievement on TGM : 1st European S13 rank
Fastest TI MASTER in Europe : rank Master V in 5min10
Current PB on Power Ranger (Game Gear) : 10min06 (World Record)

Non-geek activity : ThermalHungary

Amnesia said:
FarleyMcFirefly said:

Later the Lite....Damn I would rather die instead of doing this administrative tracking job to force the approval with Chinese authorities....It makes me laugh to imagine some chinese state agents who spend days to run SMBU just to be sure that there is no secret NATO messages coded in it.

You mean like the ones Huawei supposedly has in their 5g tech? If comparing stupidities is your game, both sides are fairly stupid and the competition is stiff. Besides that's not really what chinese censors look for.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network
Eagle367 said:
Amnesia said:

You mean like the ones Huawei supposedly has in their 5g tech? If comparing stupidities is your game, both sides are fairly stupid and the competition is stiff. Besides that's not really what chinese censors look for.

Dude no offense but what are you even trying to say here?

theDX said:
Eagle367 said:

Dude no offense but what are you even trying to say here?

I'm trying to say stupid propaganda works both ways. When you point out the stupid propaganda of China, no one bats an eye but when you point out the stupid propaganda of the west, people take offense. For an outsider, both are idiotic.

Case in point, the stupid propaganda to stop Huawei from becoming the 5g powerhouse of the world through stupid means instead of just having better tech.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also