By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III coming to Switch in spring 2020

Article

NIS America will release a Switch port of Falcom’s The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III in spring 2020 in North America and Europe, the publisher announced. A Japanese release will follow sometime after.

The Switch version will run at a locked 720p resolution and 30 frames per second in both docked and undocked modes. Like the PlayStation 4 version, it will launch with special editions of the game. All versions of the game, including the standard release, will include all of the game’s downloadable content items. A demo will also be available at launch.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III first launched for PlayStation 4 on September 28, 2017 in Japan and October 22, 2019 in North America and Europe.

Here a gameplay video of the Switch Version.

Source

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Nice! I knew Falcom would start supporting Switch more. Their games are a great fit for it. Kinda strange they didn't port the other games first though.

Kinda pointless without the first two games, especially with how things left off. If they port over the first two games, you bet I'll buy it for the 4th time.

Without the first two this is a useless port i reckon. The others are probably on the way.

Useless and waste of time and resources without the first 2. It will sell poorly and likely that will be the end of it.

Around the Network

Like others have already said, they should get the first two on the system as well or this is kinda of a wasted port. I have the PS4 version already orderer, so I won't bother with the Switch one, but it's great that more people get the chance to play the game regardless.

Even with the first two, you're still missing half the puzzle.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Called it! Glad I didn't buy the PS4 version ^^

Well for those who wanted P5 on Switch look no further than this, Cold Steel games are basically Persona tier/quality games but without the popularity, i actually bought all 3 games (including the special remastered editions of the first 2 games for PS4) and it just arrived yesterday, i actually already owned the first 2 for PS3 but they are soooo gooood that i wanted to future proof them (since PS5 will have BC with PS4).

Hiku said:
outlawauron said:
Even with the first two, you're still missing half the puzzle.

Why is that?

I'm starting the first one soon. (Played for about 20 mins so far just to test it out.)

Well, there are just more games in the series. You have the 3 Trails in the Sky games and then the 2 Crossbell games. The former 3 have been localized, but the latter 2 only have fan translations.

You can start at Cold Steel and you'll be fine, but the other games while not a direct prequel, it's all set in the same continent. Characters re-appear and grow through all of the games. You can read Lord of the Rings without The Hobbit, but there are things you'll miss without it. I don't feel like it's fair to expect everyone to play through all of the previous games, because that's a daunting task, but I think it's a good idea. Maybe if you like the first two games enough, you should go back and play the others.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.