By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Xbox Scarlet Devkit is late behind the schedule to surprise Sony

Tagged games:

What do you think

To surprise Sony 10 20.00%

It's late because Sony ar... 9 18.00%

It's just showed Microsof... 7 14.00%

They probably just rebuil... 5 10.00%

Who knows 19 38.00%

Total:50
DonFerrari said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I said in a different post the mistakes made by MS early likely played a roll in PS4's momentum this generation. 360 benefitted greatly from PS3's mistakes, right?

And again, PS4's lead isnt just because of the exclusives. They dont sell well enough for that to be the case.

Not sure what you really disagree with.

The mistakes made and corrected in less than 6 months of launch still don't let X1 recover (selling like 40% or less than PS4, actually it lost speed faster), but Sony mistakes in PS3 that took like 3 years to correct they were still able to outsell X360 while being 100 to 200 over the price of it during all this time. Yes makes sense.

Each exclusive selling 10% to 20% of the userbase is quite significative. Even with Nintendo a very few exclusives pass 20% and you recognized that people buy it for the exclusives.

Anyway you didn't show these many advantages that were still occuring after 6 months after launch (and even if you consider 1 day after launch the only real problem was 100 more for kinect, PS3 was 200 more for BD).

It didnt take six months to erase the initial disappointments and mistakes at launch. Frankly, X1 would have sold even worse had they not made some big changes.

Anywho, we dont need to drag this on. Espeically when when we do agree exclusives matter. I'm simply making the point PS4's appeal is beyond the exclusives and only a fraction of userbase really playing them reflects that.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Exclusives do increase console sales, they don't account for an entire userbase. Nor does every exclusive sale account for a console sale.

We should also take into consideration many console bundles have become multiplat games.

I feel like the point is being missed. Especially when I said word of mouth, success early on and buying the console your peers have is also relevant.

I am not disagreeing with your intrinsic point that Multiplats make up the bulk of game purchases for a particular platform.

But any informed consumer will opt for a platform based on a myriad of reasons... And one of those reasons will be exclusives or backwards compatibility or the fastest hardware or the cheapest price or because their friends own that console. Or whatever.

You do need exclusives though, it's been the achilles heel for the Xbox One for years and the lack of such does tarnish a brands reputation which has a flow-on effect.

I think buying the console your peers have is significant when you consider its online gaming dominating most active games lists. Its funny, the people online demand single player experiences while the silent majority is actively playing online.

At any point did I say exclusives are not needed? Again, I really feel MS is going heavy on exclusives because of Gamepass and Windows support. Making more games makes sense when you've greatly increased the financial viability.

A lack of exclusives wasnt the problem. Its more like too few were really notable. MS simply cant rely on 3rd parties like they once did.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Pemalite said:
HollyGamer said:

If PC has come in many configuration, size from small, big, simple, handled size, pocket size, ? Why are you dismissing the aspect dimension of PS4/Xbox One , the expect of thermal philosophy, aspect of power wattage, TDP etc etc that we has been discussed here, you refuse to compare PS4 has small form factor, low wattage, low thermal heat compared to the same performance of desktop PC GPU? Or maybe you cannot find similar costume design that PS4/Xbox One has by the time they release?? :) :) :) hmmmm????

It's because the PC comes in all shapes and sizes that I am disregarding your point that the consoles are different than the PC based on Form Factor/Power Consumption/Thermal Characteristics and more.

HollyGamer said:

You know what, i have a lot of PHD friend and professor  in airplane engineering who cannot fix a toaster or chemical engineer who cannot even do a proper math. It doesn't mean if you are smart in one particular area you are very smart in the rest of the area. Even Einstein only good in one particular area. 

Your knowledges blind you, above a cloud there is always a cloud , above the cloud there is always another layer of atmosphere etc etc. 

I don't care who you know. It's irrelevant.

If you need to delve into Ad Hominem (Your 3rd logical fallacy) in order to try and win an argument, then you have lost said argument. It's that simple.

Then you refuse to admit what PC is. PC is not one single device it has many config and many variation for "general purpose " , console is single configuration it's special made for convenient and gaming only and cut unnecessary part.  

I don't want to win any argument, i don't get any money even if i win any argument LOL, having an argument with you is just i have a lot time practicing my writing and English , and trying to fill my time. Feel free to agree or disagree. 

Wait everybody, maybe I got it!
MS wants to surprise Sony delaying XBTwo so much that Sony could just have skipped PS5, released directly PS6 and saved big money!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

HollyGamer said:
Pemalite said:

It's because the PC comes in all shapes and sizes that I am disregarding your point that the consoles are different than the PC based on Form Factor/Power Consumption/Thermal Characteristics and more.

Then you refuse to admit what PC is. PC is not one single device it has many config and many variation for "general purpose " , console is single configuration it's special made for convenient and gaming only and cut unnecessary part.  

What the actual fuck? Didn't I just prove that the PC comes in all shapes and sizes? And the consoles are just another shape?

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Fei-Hung said:
I think the biggest thing about the gamepass is the price where MS are practically giving it away. They've used this gen to prototype it and build its reputation similar to what Sony did last gen with free online.

The start of next gen I think the silly gamepass price will disappear with either a tiered gamepass or one with a more realistic cost. This will then change things massively to gamepass adoption and retention.

Secondly, the studios that MS has bought, I would say only two are amazing great studios with reviews and sales to back them, Playground and Obsidian. The rest, including NT, are more padding than amazing acquisitions.

Sonys shift in strategy and head start with their big exclusives will make a difference. Instead of sequels at the end of the gen, we will probably see them release gradually early next gen, bridging that slow first 18 months. GOW sequel, Horizon, Spidey, GT, Killzone, Infamous maybe even smaller games like R&C, Knack and remasters thrown in for good measure.

Since Sony already has their pricing for PSNow sorted, it won't come as a big hit to their player base, so it won't affect retention or adoption as much, in fact during the first 18 months we might even see a rise in sales to bridge those 18 months.

XCloud as great as it theoretically is, we are yet to see a game fully take advantage and show it being plausible, but it is nothing Sony can't do or any other dev for that matter.

Ultimately I think Lockhart will play a greater role depending on the price. If they price it right, with decent specs, it will be what will bring in higher xbox sales, and that's if Sony doesn't create a digital only PS5. However, if rumors are true and Lockhart is speced around the ps4pro, and will cost around £300 (assuming Anaconda might be £500), then my question is why not just buy a Xbox1X?!

I think MS are behind (if they are), due to low console sales this gen. If the cost of orders is dependent on quantity you order, then sony won't have an issue securing a good deal as history has proven they can shift consoles. MS on the other hand got lucky one gen but have struggled for every single other gen. If they have to make tough decisions on orders (why they may have brought Lockhart back to increase sales of parts), this may be the reason why they are stalling.

What would be the point of a PS4 Pro level Lockhart when Xbox already has the X1X, which is the technically superior machine? Or does Lockhart simply represent a repackaged X1X?

XSX has a release day hurdle in the form of PS5 backwards compatibility. As we saw with Halo 4 on X1 and X1X, a few tweaks to frame rate and resolution greatly changes and revives the entire experience. A launch lineup of 4k, 60FPS GOW, HZD, Spider Man, TLOU2 and Death Stranding is one hell of a compelling argument XSX will have a hard time answering. This issue is exponential and it takes a lot of commitment and development time to correct.

Pemalite said:
HollyGamer said:

What the actual fuck? Didn't I just prove that the PC comes in all shapes and sizes? And the consoles are just another shape?

Then why are refusing to include dimension , thermal, and TDP on comparing PS4/Xbox One CPU/GPU with the one PC??? WHat the actual fuck ????? 

HollyGamer said:
Pemalite said:

Then why are refusing to include dimension , thermal, and TDP on comparing PS4/Xbox One CPU/GPU with the one PC??? WHat the actual fuck ????? 

I did. If you actually bothered to read my post.

I'll give you a hand and link you directly to the post in question so there is no confusion.
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9083902

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
HollyGamer said:

I did. If you actually bothered to read my post.

I'll give you a hand and link you directly to the post in question so there is no confusion.
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9083902

You just mentioning PC , but you never agree the benefit of smaller form factor of PS4/Xbox One when it came out in 2013, none of PC has the same small factor , small tdp,  small thermal impact and on top of that lower price  while at the same time performing equal to HD 7850 with 8 GDDR5 when it was launch in 2013. 

Last edited by HollyGamer - on 16 December 2019

Technarchy said:
Fei-Hung said:
I think the biggest thing about the gamepass is the price where MS are practically giving it away. They've used this gen to prototype it and build its reputation similar to what Sony did last gen with free online.

The start of next gen I think the silly gamepass price will disappear with either a tiered gamepass or one with a more realistic cost. This will then change things massively to gamepass adoption and retention.

Secondly, the studios that MS has bought, I would say only two are amazing great studios with reviews and sales to back them, Playground and Obsidian. The rest, including NT, are more padding than amazing acquisitions.

Sonys shift in strategy and head start with their big exclusives will make a difference. Instead of sequels at the end of the gen, we will probably see them release gradually early next gen, bridging that slow first 18 months. GOW sequel, Horizon, Spidey, GT, Killzone, Infamous maybe even smaller games like R&C, Knack and remasters thrown in for good measure.

Since Sony already has their pricing for PSNow sorted, it won't come as a big hit to their player base, so it won't affect retention or adoption as much, in fact during the first 18 months we might even see a rise in sales to bridge those 18 months.

XCloud as great as it theoretically is, we are yet to see a game fully take advantage and show it being plausible, but it is nothing Sony can't do or any other dev for that matter.

Ultimately I think Lockhart will play a greater role depending on the price. If they price it right, with decent specs, it will be what will bring in higher xbox sales, and that's if Sony doesn't create a digital only PS5. However, if rumors are true and Lockhart is speced around the ps4pro, and will cost around £300 (assuming Anaconda might be £500), then my question is why not just buy a Xbox1X?!

I think MS are behind (if they are), due to low console sales this gen. If the cost of orders is dependent on quantity you order, then sony won't have an issue securing a good deal as history has proven they can shift consoles. MS on the other hand got lucky one gen but have struggled for every single other gen. If they have to make tough decisions on orders (why they may have brought Lockhart back to increase sales of parts), this may be the reason why they are stalling.

What would be the point of a PS4 Pro level Lockhart when Xbox already has the X1X, which is the technically superior machine? Or does Lockhart simply represent a repackaged X1X?

XSX has a release day hurdle in the form of PS5 backwards compatibility. As we saw with Halo 4 on X1 and X1X, a few tweaks to frame rate and resolution greatly changes and revives the entire experience. A launch lineup of 4k, 60FPS GOW, HZD, Spider Man, TLOU2 and Death Stranding is one hell of a compelling argument XSX will have a hard time answering. This issue is exponential and it takes a lot of commitment and development time to correct.

BC may help but it's just another feature. I mean think about the catalog ps3 had up it's sleeve? It has helped th xbox one we think but not having a great impact. 

I use bc and think it's awesome but but it's only 1 factor in what determines a consoles success. I still think PS5 will outsell SeXboX. I'm just hoping that it will be more competitive. 

We know nothing about Lockhart yet. Not really.