By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The emerging of cloud gaming and gaming service subscription based, VGChart need new chart for subscription service

What do you think

Yes 1 10.00%

No 9 90.00%

Total:10

VGchartz need  " online service subscription chart "  that updated frequently, like Global Hardware and Software chart. Because the future will not just about hardware and software but  service like PS now, Gamepass, Xcloud, Stadia, Amazon, Apple etc. 

Even the great Phil Spencer have spoken that  hardware sales  is not important and subscription is will be the selling point of Xbox and they also will focus on gamepass/Xcloud and Stadia has entered the fray, soon Amazon will follow in the future.

Around the Network

How would you even get the numbers?

All we know for now its theres like 140k? Google Stadia users that downloaded the app.
(not all of which, were people that probably even knew what it was, or get a code to active it ect)

How would you track it?

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 28 November 2019

HollyGamer said:

VGchartz need  " online service subscription chart "  that updated frequently, like Global Hardware and Software chart. Because the future will not just about hardware and software but  service like PS now, Gamepass, Xcloud, Stadia, Amazon, Apple etc. 

Even the great Phil Spencer have spoken that  hardware sales  is not important and subscription is will be the selling point of Xbox and they also will focus on gamepass/Xcloud and Stadia has entered the fray, soon Amazon will follow in the future.

Xcloud is still in beta right? so non.
Same with Amazon and apples, game streaming.
Stadia has less than 140k.

Playstation Now, at like ~2m users, is probably the "biggest" game streaming service there is on the market atm.
PSplus/Xbox Gold/Gamepass.... are differnt things and shouldnt be in the same chart, as one for game streaming I feel.

Without any numbers the whole thing will be pointless from the start. At best we can hope for quarterly results, and that's it.

JRPGfan said:
HollyGamer said:

Xcloud is still in beta right? so non.
Same with Amazon and apples, game streaming.
Stadia has less than 140k.

Playstation Now, at like ~2m users, is probably the "biggest" game streaming service there is on the market atm.
PSplus/Xbox Gold/Gamepass.... are differnt things and shouldnt be in the same chart, as one for game streaming I feel.

I am proposing it for next year if Xcloud released alongside Amazon 

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Phil Spencer also said that VR is important, so he isn't really an expert on gaming matters.

VGC doesn't need charts for subscriptions. The site's foundation are console sales.

Then comparing consoles with subscription services should be ban in here,  because this site are strictly focus on consoles and real hardware

Only if you go around and ask those companies nicely for their internal numbers.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I guess we could have a page similar to what we have for each video game, for each subscription too. Listing the most up to date figures. E.G:

But as figures won't be reported regularly, if at all for some services, there seems little point in having a dedicated chart or graph.

When was the last time we got Xbox Live Gold figures? 2012? 2013?

I don't see the reason for that, VGC can't track the sales for digital games. So the subs would be updated whenever and only when company gives numbers. So it would just be a repository for official numbers.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

How about we, instead of tracking sales of games or subscriber counts, we just track revenue generated per game?