By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake Part 2 is a go & New Screenshots

DonFerrari said:
Let's hope they can finish the game before PS6.

I think the 2nd & 3rd part will be faster faster and more easily made.

At this point in production, they re probably finished with the 1st part (since its launching in march), and are just a few people working on polishing it up, while the rest are on work on the 2nd part. The first part took them almost 4 years, the rest should be easier and go faster.

So yes I suspect the PS5 will see the entire FF7 remake, in its lifetime.
(hopefully they also do PS4 ports, so you can have it there too.... but looking 6years+ into the future, they might have dropped PS4 by then)

Around the Network
SquirrelWhisperer said:
Hiku said:

The Matrix is a full movie because it's designed to have a satisfying beginning, middle and end. It's not 1/3 of a movie.

Wait until this one is out and you've played it before judging if it's a full game or not.

eww, you suck. i never passed judgement on the game, but it's a FACT that this is only a portion of the original. but hey, since you have all of lifes answers i was wondering if i would get vincent, yuffie, and cait sith in this game? can i fight ruby weapon? do i get omnislash? how bout big guard? comet? KoTR? a chocobo? quadra magic? or does that happen in the other 2/3rds of the game? By the way the matrix sucks ass, so write me a novel about it.

You really don't need to be this unpolite. And until you finish playing this part of the remake you can't say you won't be satisfied.

Also let's say FF13 instead of launching with 3 games now came together as a single game (and when FF13 first launched you didn't know it would be a trilogy). Would FF13-1 be incomplete and unsatisfying game because of it?

Dicing a 100+h game into 3  50+h game with more content and having they all being satisfying isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Did you complain Harry Potter had 7 parts book and 8 for movies or that Game of Thrones got over 6 parts?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

JRPGfan said:
DonFerrari said:
Let's hope they can finish the game before PS6.

I think the 2nd & 3rd part will be faster faster and more easily made.

At this point in production, they re probably finished with the 1st part (since its launching in march), and are just a few people working on polishing it up, while the rest are on work on the 2nd part. The first part took them almost 4 years, the rest should be easier and go faster.

So yes I suspect the PS5 will see the entire FF7 remake, in its lifetime.
(hopefully they also do PS4 ports, so you can have it there too.... but looking 6years+ into the future, they might have dropped PS4 by then)

If they have the development power or speed of AC or Yakuza, maybe by 2024 we will have the 3 parts ready.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Model quality is top notch... minus the uncanny valley anime faces. Biggs looks bizzare and jesse just looks creeppy. Japan needs to let that go when working with photo realistic models. Kojima and Capcom are like the only Japanese developers that get that.

Xxain said:
Model quality is top notch... minus the uncanny valley anime faces. Biggs looks bizzare and jesse just looks creeppy. Japan needs to let that go when working with photo realistic models. Kojima and Capcom are like the only Japanese developers that get that.

Every picture OP posted I was like "wow this looks sooooo good".
Because in my mind, im thinking back to how they used to look in ff7, and its a upgrade on a massive level.

"uncanny valley anime faces"

I think they pulled off the slightly anime look, really well.
Theres nothing wrong with shooting for a slight mix, the results here are more than fine imo.

Around the Network

I am both super excited and disappointed at the same time. Everything I see looks awesome. And yet I feel so little story is going to be contained on a single installment. Oh ambivalence....

SquirrelWhisperer said:
Hiku said:

The Matrix is a full movie because it's designed to have a satisfying beginning, middle and end. It's not 1/3 of a movie.

Wait until this one is out and you've played it before judging if it's a full game or not.

eww, you suck. i never passed judgement on the game, but it's a FACT that this is only a portion of the original. but hey, since you have all of lifes answers i was wondering if i would get vincent, yuffie, and cait sith in this game? can i fight ruby weapon? do i get omnislash? how bout big guard? comet? KoTR? a chocobo? quadra magic? or does that happen in the other 2/3rds of the game? By the way the matrix sucks ass, so write me a novel about it.

But hey i would just like to inform you that these 3 parts will add more content in its overarching story than the original had,so it is not a FACT that this first game will only be a portion of the original but the original is used as a source to remake this in an even bigger way.

By this logic it is a certain possibility that 3 full games can be made by todays standards,no need to be so sensitive about it.

They haven't even released the first part, what are doing making the second one already?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

shikamaru317 said:
Glad they got an early headstart on part 2, hopefully they've had a team working on it for quite awhile already. Don't want to have to wait like 3 or 4 years for part 2, 2 years would be ideal.

Should be between 1 and 2 years for the sequels considering they have base game and assets made.

DonFerrari said:
shikamaru317 said:
Glad they got an early headstart on part 2, hopefully they've had a team working on it for quite awhile already. Don't want to have to wait like 3 or 4 years for part 2, 2 years would be ideal.

Should be between 1 and 2 years for the sequels considering they have base game and assets made.

Probably.

And by the way I love the faces of the characters. It's remake of Final Fantasy VII. Not Death Stranding.