Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake Part 2 is a go & New Screenshots

Looks fantastic and im loving that theres a "skill system". Cant wait to play it.
Still very much curious about how they are changing the story cause some of these characters I thought would, you know, only appear in part 1.

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:

Lovely, Too bad i will play this on PS5 instead  PS4

Same.

I cannot recall a previous instance of looking forward to a remake of a game I didn't particularly like, but here we are. I have a strong feeling this will be right up my alley. 

Chinese food for breakfast

am i the only one who has a hard time getting hyping for 1/3rd of a game? i'll buy it and play it but its pretty low priority considering its one of my favorites.

SquirrelWhisperer said:
am i the only one who has a hard time getting hyping for 1/3rd of a game? i'll buy it and play it but its pretty low priority considering its one of my favorites.

No, you're not alone on that. I'm waiting for the whole game to finish up, then I'll wait for it to hit PC, so until then I've no hype for it. 

"Assess"? That's the game ruined. Should be Sense.

I'm really looking forward to this, got my time off work booked and so far, they haven't delayed it! I really appreciate the effort that has gone into this, I can tell my Pro is going to go into jet engine mode.

Around the Network

The game looks incredible every time I see it. I just hope it will be as good as it looks, which isn't always the case with modern FF games. But they have a blueprint for this one that is already tried and true, and it looks like a lot of passion went into this one, so that's a good sign.

John2290 said:
I'll just wait til part 3 is out. Tbh, the whole part thing is foolishness and with the amount of money FF14 makes SE they should be able to tie this all up in a bow in one huge game but the stingy fools keep fucling up somehow, perhaps they throw to much money at things and end up with a star citizen situation but you think they'd have learned by now, ffs.

With the amount of money Rockastar make on GTA V's micro-transactions, they could just give us Red Dead Redemption 2 for free.
But that's not going to bring any investors into the company if they just bleed out money.

And even if they went that route with FF7 and told the investors that they would for sure lose money on the project, we'd probably have to wait some years longer than 2020 for it to be ready.

By the way, the reason the game is split into multiple parts is not because of the extra content they've added.
It's more like the other way around. Because they had to break it up into parts, each part has to feel like a complete game, and end at a point that makes sense.
The Aeris moment may be too far in for that to be feasible. Especially since after making the massive Midgar, they'd have to create the open world/world map the moment you step outside. And Midgar as we knew it wouldn't make sense either. But if they add enough to it to make a full game out of it, then they can work on the open world aspect for the next game.

It's a game they couldn't do on one single game's development budget/cycle, so they had to make it multiple parts from the get go. Even if they hadn't said this in an interview (and they did), it's pretty obvious why a game full of pre-rendered backgrounds would take much more work to do not just in today's graphical standards, but with the very high fidelity that Square Enix usually push for with their mainline FF games.

SquirrelWhisperer:

They designed it to be a full game. Not 1/3 of the original FF7.

The Matrix is a full movie because it's designed to have a satisfying beginning, middle and end. It's not 1/3 of a movie.
Wait until this one is out and you've played it before judging if it's a full game or not.

Last edited by Hiku - on 25 November 2019

Radek said:
I was secretly hoping they would include all of 7 on the disc... hopefully they conclude it in Part 2, we can't wait freaking 10 years more lol.

On the disc?

This Midgar part will come on 2 Blu-Ray discs.

Landale_Star said:

I'm really looking forward to this, got my time off work booked and so far, they haven't delayed it! I really appreciate the effort that has gone into this, I can tell my Pro is going to go into jet engine mode.

I thought of doing the same, but everytime I pre-order a game (pre-ordered the First Class Edition), it never arrives on time for release day.

So I’ll wait until I receive it before booking some vacation days to fully immerse myself into it.

Can’t wait. But some aspects of it worry me a little. Like how they altered the moments you get summon materia. Like Choco/Mog that you’re supposed to get at the chocobo farm after getting out of Midgar...

But since the game is longer, it’s probably better this way.

Just as long as they don’t sacrifice anything for the subsequent parts because they made features that are supposed to come much later and included them too early, all’s good I guess.

But it’s really just a minor nitpick, and only really bothering me because I remember the original very well.

It is by far me most anticipated game. So I’m really not making that big of a deal over this. What I’ve seen so far looks really good and it seems like Kitase and co are really pouring their heart into this one.

Last edited by Hynad - on 25 November 2019

Hynad said:
Landale_Star said:

I thought of doing the same, but everytime I pre-order a game (pre-ordered the First Class Edition), it never arrives on time for release day.

So I’ll wait until I receive it before booking some vacation days to fully immerse myself into it.

Can’t wait. But some aspects of it worry me a little. Like how they altered the moments you get summon materia. Like Choco/Mog that you’re supposed to get at the chocobo farm after getting out of Midgar...

But since the game is longer, it’s probably better this way.

Just as long as they don’t sacrifice anything for the subsequent parts because they made features that are supposed to come much later and included them too early, all’s good I guess.

But it’s really just a minor nitpick, and only really bothering me because I remember the original very well.

It is by far me most anticipated game. So I’m really not making that big of a deal over this. What I’ve seen so far looks really good and it seems like Kitase and co are really pouring their heart into this one.

I'm not so worried about any changes I've seen so far, like you mention, this game is far longer than the original so getting a few summons in Midgar is probably for the best. I think we'll see more materia available and some new skills too, since originally most of your good limits/materia would be after Midgar.

I think the one thing I want some clarification on is how new parts will connect, if at all i.e. will we carry over progress, will we be able to re-visit areas from a previous part? It isn't a deal breaker, but I'd like to know.

Hiku said:

The Matrix is a full movie because it's designed to have a satisfying beginning, middle and end. It's not 1/3 of a movie.

Wait until this one is out and you've played it before judging if it's a full game or not.

eww, you suck. i never passed judgement on the game, but it's a FACT that this is only a portion of the original. but hey, since you have all of lifes answers i was wondering if i would get vincent, yuffie, and cait sith in this game? can i fight ruby weapon? do i get omnislash? how bout big guard? comet? KoTR? a chocobo? quadra magic? or does that happen in the other 2/3rds of the game? By the way the matrix sucks ass, so write me a novel about it.

⚠️ WARNED: Flaming ~ Hiku

Last edited by Hiku - on 26 November 2019