By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your top 5 games of 2019 so far.

Were any of your top 5 in the Game Awards nominees?

Yes Multiple. 12 60.00%

Yes, just one. 2 10.00%

None 6 30.00%

Total:20

1. Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled
2. Resident Evil 2
3. Days Gone
4. Astral Chain
5. Death Stranding

Around the Network

1. Astral Chain
2. Apex Legends
3. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
4. Super Mario Maker 2
5. Katana Zero

1. Monster Hunter World: Iceborne

2. Astral Chain

3. Death Stranding 

4. Bloodstained

5. Devil May Cry 5

HonoraryMentions: FireEmblem 3 houses, RE2 Remake and Blasphemous.

Im gonna start this weekend with Link's Awakening Remake and I have little doubts its probably gonna enter the top, always liked that game.

Last edited by Jpcc86 - on 22 November 2019

1. Resident Evil 2

2. Sekiro

3. Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order

4. Devil May Cry 5

5. Apex Legends

1. Dragon Quest XI S
2. Astral Chain
3. Luigi's Mansion 3
4. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

5. Kingdom Hearts III

Around the Network

1. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
2. Luigi's Mansion 3
3. Super Mario Maker 2
4. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
5. Resident Evil 2 Remake

1. the new game Death Stranding. Fantastic Story/Characters/Atmosphere/Soundtracks. i like the Ideas/Philosophy and Emotions)
2. Yakuza 4 (only digital this year, but in february yakuza-retail collection is coming)
3. Days Gone
4. Legend of Heroes 3
5. Resident Evil 2 Remake or Congrete Genie, its hard to say. New ip's are always good, but RE2R is better.

This is a peculiar year for me. Aside from Gears 5 and Astral Chain, I've spent most of the year playing games from previous years or previous generations or remakes of old games.

Probably because my primary console has been the Switch. Gotta get my hands on Luigi's Mansion, though.

As per usual, I have played zero games from the year in question, but choose to participate anyways.

1. Horizon: Zero Dawn + The Frozen Wilds. Unreal. Captivated my jaded ass.

2. EDF 5. The symbol of how I still care about trophies, but not really. Got plat in April, but have subsequently put in another 250 hours of time into it, for a total of 602(!) in total game time. This game is the main reason my overall list of played games in 2019 was so lean. Was released on Dec 7 2018, so it's actually close!

3. No Man's Sky. Became great. I don't know for sure though. Never played it's earlier iterations. I liked it. Quite a bit.

4. Marvel's Spider-Man. I hate that name. I just call it Spider-Man.

5. 3 way tie. Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online, Hotline Miami 2, and EDF: Iron Rain. All fairly flawed games in their own right. But still very enjoyable.

Honorable mentions to Pac-Man 256 and Lara Croft Go. 2 Mobile games I enjoyed on the PS4. Apologies to the platforms I never had the opportunity to give a chance to.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 22 November 2019

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I've literally not played a single game from 2019 yet, which is sadly the norm these days for me. I'm still working through games from two or more years ago, and I doubt I'll get around to any 2019 games any time soon, with the possible exception of Trails of Cold Steel III which I do think I'll get for myself for Christmas.